1235»

Comments

• PhilW1PhilW1 Frets: 943
    Cue the diabetes thread :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1561
    edited April 2021
    Perdix said:
    All this chocolate is all well and good but I would much rather have a pack of Toffos. Plain ones would do but could murder a pack of the flavoured ones. mmm.
    They were a staple as a kid if you wanted something that would last a while 
    Yeah Toffos are probably responsible for some of my dental misgivings.

I liked the flavoured pack too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4162
    I think there was a bar called Bitz around the time of pyramint etc . I can remember finding an after eight left over under the cardboard tray inside sometimes .

i quite enjoyed a cabana it was full of coconut cherry and caramel , caramac was a weird one 
    . I remember some things called swisket but I never had one ,but the advert was “I’ll risk it for a swisket”   Prize was a lovely bar with fruit and nuts in it . Pacers were like mint flavoured opal fruits . Fry’s Turkish delight was lots better than the real stuff . I can remember my first cornetto around 76 77 and my first Yorkie bar .
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16097
    Anybody remember TIFFIN ?
    Dominic said:
    Anybody remember TIFFIN ?
    Yep - a strange concoction.
    Always thought it had too many raisins
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    Twirl. Just leave this here
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited April 2021
    There was one drawback with the Fry's Five Centre - the fruit fondant never matched the segments in the chocolate. Invariably, this meant two flavours in one segment. This production error almost certainly caused widespread public rejection, and hence its demise.

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Can anybody remember when dairy box and milk tray had proper centres instead of all this mocha type stuff that just tastes the same . I used to like weekend and carousel too , Roses are not so good now either. The only proper ones left are quality street 
    We had some Milk Tray this year, given to MrsTheWeary on her birthday. They are not great yet seemed the height of poshness when I was a child. 

Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Anyone a fan of minty chocolates?  It's an absolute crime that they stopped making Mingles.

After Eights or nothing !
    I am notorious within the Weary family for my love of After Eights so I would often get bought Mingles ( people assuming they were similar enough). But they were like chocolate topped with toothpaste. So wrong. Not missed by me. 
    Wow, interesting.  I honestly thought Mingles were awesome, but maybe I'm the only person who liked them.  Which would explain their early demise.

Now I'm off to see if I've got some Lindt and some Colgate....
    ...I’m waiting on the outcome. 

Next door to Eurotunnel in Calais is Cite Europe which is a big shopping mall place and part of it has outlet shops. Includes a Lindt shop, quite a big one. I have spent hours wandering around trying to catch the eye of the shop assistant giving out free samples. No pandemic, freedom of movement, tiny bits of free chocolate - who knew I was living my best life then. 

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12328
    scrumhalf said:
    Mint Cracknel. Like a Dime bar but with crystalline minty stuff in the middle. The advert said it "takes you somewhere cool and green", "somewhere you've never been". The mind boggles. 
    Shetland Isles? 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"