Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• Me.. :)

…. a social club with an audience tending to the older…. :( 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Playing the Banner Cross pub in Sheffield tonight with Far Away Cows if the weather lets us. It’s our singers local and he’s just sent us all a photo of his car with three inches of snow on it! 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Charity bash at a hotel in Chichester tonight, playing the usual floor-fillers. Should be fun.
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 524
    Red Cow - Slough. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654

Should be playing The Wheatsheaf in Upton, Chester, tomorrow night (Friday) with True Reflections then The Swan in Prenton on Saturday with Starbelly.  Hopefully both will be going ahead but not sure whether attendance will be influenced by last night's COVID measures announcement.  I suspect that there will be no new bookings now until the New Year.

At least we’ve got the Downing Street party booked again for this year which never gets cancelled ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Solid last three weeks….  More this weekend and after.   

Last three Saturdays were rammed. Very engaged audiences.

Watching the Plan B notices.. should not effect us hopefully.     Hard to gauge the New Year though.
    Playing Spondon Liberal Club, Derby this afternoon from 4 ish with Far Away Cows.
  • Last few gigs have been absolutely bouncing. Last night we had six in. Still…£60 pocket money.
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Agent Utah will be at Horse&Groom Derby this Friday. Would be good to see y'all there DerbyNotts gang. Support from our friends, a young and quite fantastic originals band Breakout. (Yes they need a different name)
    Then we've got a party gig for end of season rugby club on Saturday.
    Aside from wondering how my voice will cope, not done a double header for along while, I'm also hoping its not the 'last to be allowed'...

• We thought it was going to be quieter last night, but it was rammed by the time we started and people were really enjoying themselves. 

Waiting to see if announcements tonight will change rest of gigs before Xmas.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3654
    In recent weeks I keep hearing from venues that numbers are down.  On Saturday it was a big pub and a good sized crowd.  People up and dancing, clearly a few Christmas nights out with people out for a good time, but then I thought - 'it's two weeks before Christmas, they should be five deep at the bar'.

Our agent told me that she's got venues cancelling in the run up to Christmas, and this is before last night's address from our Great and Beloved Leader.  Without wishing to derail this thread I do think that we're facing the worst possible situation.  We are not locking down but severe warnings have been issued.  Trade is down but there is still enough mixing to allow the virus to spread whilst there is not the support for businesses that accompanies a full lockdown.
  • Got a pub gig In Wigan tomorrow. Small pub, low ceilings, windows painted shut, usually crammed. Not particularly looking forward to this but the rest of the band are counting on the cash for Christmas.

We've got another gig on 23rd as well...
  • Yep.. a trek and an early start…. And not cancelled yet!    :)
  • Not me; yet another gig cancellation’due to covid.’

Since the reopening of venues earlier in the year, this is the fourth date that’s been cancelled on me. Only been able to find an alternative gig for one of these (NYE).

Mixed feelings in this. I don’t want to risk picking up covid in the run up to Christmas (which will be our first since my father-in-law passed away…I’d feel awful if my partner couldn’t spend Christmas Day with her mom..plus Boxing Day is her mom’s birthday too, so it’d be a double whammy), and I’ve really needed some time away from gigging this year, but….it’s all lost earnings, innit.

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Rock'n'roll tonight at the Sun Inn, Frome. I'll be rocking my Jazzmaster and Palir Titan into my 5E3 clone.
  • Dad rocking trio “Sitting ducks” playing the Anglesey Arms in Winshill near Swadlincote - return by popular demand apparently- first gig for new sound man 
    Dad rocking trio “Sitting ducks” playing the Anglesey Arms in Winshill near Swadlincote - return by popular demand apparently- first gig for new sound man 
    Ah, I’m from Winshill. It’s not near Swad, it’s in Burton-on-Trent. :) That used to be my Grandads local in the ‘60s Turn it up loud enough and my parents will be able to hear you. :)
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    We had to cancel Fri and Sat gigs due to covid in mine and the support bands. 
    We probably (definitely?) picked it up at The Darkness in a sweaty packed Rock City last week. 
    I’m quite happy we were forced to cancel actually. Gigs are now spreader events. Stay safe fellow guitar people. See you in 22.
  • Last gig of 2021 tonight for Ruby and the Mystery Cats. I've been expecting to get the cancellation message all week to be honest, with all this Omicron stuff, but we're good to go.

Let's see if anyone actually turns up ...
  • Early start and finish tonight.  The crowds were scared away by the news today.   Kind of expected. 

Back into the home studio for a few months.