Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• I have an "acoustic" thing with our singer tonight at The Latchlifter in Ilkeston.  I just picked up an Acoustasonic Player somewhat on a whim but also with exactly this sort of thing in mind, so we'll see how it goes.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BenSirAmosBenSirAmos Frets: 411
    edited March 2022
    I'm doing a solo gig tonight at the Latymers, 157 Hammersmith Road, London, W6 8BS.

Early start 6 o’clock until 8

I say 'solo' but I do have a couple of percussionists coming along so some congas, bodhran, maybe snare and high hat will help me out. 

The flyer says " Live music returns to the Latymers" because this used to be the Red Cow and I saw some memorable gigs there including the Stranglers and an Australian band who had a guitarist wearing shorts and a school satchel on his back. Apparently it was their first UK gig.

It's not the same kind of place anymore but I'm pleased to be leading the 'return'. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Rock'n'Roll tonight with Western Rock at the Riverside, Midsomer Norton. Here's me toting my '85 Squier Tele on the last gig I did with the band:

• Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    I have an "acoustic" thing with our singer tonight at The Latchlifter in Ilkeston.  I just picked up an Acoustasonic Player somewhat on a whim but also with exactly this sort of thing in mind, so we'll see how it goes.
    Ah no, I’ve only just seen this! I could have popped up to see you. How’d it go?
  • Rowby1 said:
    I have an "acoustic" thing with our singer tonight at The Latchlifter in Ilkeston.  I just picked up an Acoustasonic Player somewhat on a whim but also with exactly this sort of thing in mind, so we'll see how it goes.
    Ah no, I’ve only just seen this! I could have popped up to see you. How’d it go?
    No worries. I was a bit of a last-minute, emergency stand-in and the lack of practice showed a little. The punters seemed to enjoy it though. I wish they had better ale at The Latch.  =)

Still not convinced I've got the measure of the Acoustasonic.
    Tonight Gun Money are playing Spondon Liberal Club in Spondon near Derby. We’re kicking off around 8:30 :)
  • Bands are dropping like flies around here to Covid. Yesterday we were approached to cover for a 60th birthday party and again today a venue got in touch for cover. If you cannot stay well for 5 minutes there’s lots of work around at the moment...
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    Bands are dropping like flies around here to Covid. Yesterday we were approached to cover for a 60th birthday party and again today a venue got in touch for cover. If you cannot stay well for 5 minutes there’s lots of work around at the moment...
    Same here…we’ve been approached a number of times in the last couple of weeks to fill in. Unfortunately, our singer has just come down with it now, so hoping he’s better for next Sat’s gig!
    I’m with The Gerry Farrow Band playing at The Noel Arms in Melton Mowbray this afternoon from 4pm. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3081
    Rowby1 said:
    I’m with The Gerry Farrow Band playing at The Noel Arms in Melton Mowbray this afternoon from 4pm. 
    You're the Lukather of the East Midlands, mate. I've always enjoyed Spondon Lib Club as you know.

We're struggling to get going again tbh. Our first gig back is on April 15th and we haven't played together since Halloween. :anguished: 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

Rowby1 said:
    You're the Lukather of the East Midlands, mate. I've always enjoyed Spondon Lib Club as you know.

We're struggling to get going again tbh. Our first gig back is on April 15th and we haven't played together since Halloween. :anguished: 
    It has taken quite a lot of effort to get things going again with my three regular bands….it did feel like an uphill climb. Not just getting up to speed with the rehearsal side of things but getting out and getting gigs has been hard work but it’s now paying off. I massively missed gigging.
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    Playing a showcase set of originals at the Freemasons tavern in Hove with Borrowed time. We are on about 9.0pm
    Don't touch that dial.
    Playing at the Smithfield in Derby with Far Away Cows tonight.
  • Rowby1 said:
    "Live Rehearsal"?

Does that mean we should expect half the band to have 'not looked at' several of the songs, excessive guitar/drum twiddling in between tracks, and lengthy discussions about exactly how to end that song that normally fades out?

Or does it mean you're paying them £14/hr to be there?

=) 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1656
    edited March 2022
    Fall3n Halo rock covers at Ranken Arms, Hoddlesden, Darwen..

Tonight from 9pm...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    On bass tonight with r’n’r band Western Rock at the London Inn, Cheltenham. Last time we were there a guy had won on the gee-gees and paid it forward by tipping the band. The Festival has been on this week so should be a good crowd.
    Rowby1 said:
    "Live Rehearsal"?

Does that mean we should expect half the band to have 'not looked at' several of the songs, excessive guitar/drum twiddling in between tracks, and lengthy discussions about exactly how to end that song that normally fades out?

Or does it mean you're paying them £14/hr to be there?

=) 
    It means there’s always a possibility of a fight breaking out over what key the song is in :)
    Tonight at The Boathouse in Shardlow near Derby with the Gerry Farrow Band. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
    Starbelly will be playing at The Wheatsheaf in Upton, Chester, tonight then at The Woodland in Whitby, Ellesmere Port tomorrow.
  • onyironyir Frets: 45
    I'll be playing with my band Collision tomorrow Saturday at The Links in Lytham St Annes. Come round to hear a fight of the modellers (Helix vs Quad Cortex), or maybe just listen to some live music...