Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Jubilee Saturday outside the White Lion in Rempstone, near Loughborough. First time using Fractal’s new set list feature. We will start playing at 8:00, or soon after, so that we can finish before 10:30 and let villagers get some sleep. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    We’re playing the opening night Players Party at the Tuilagi Rugby Festival in Thursday. Should be a corker. 
    We’ve still no idea what sound stage setup is so we’re taking everything to be self sufficient just in case. Gotta love festival organisers and their communication skillzzz.
    Rick Parfitt Jr band playing on Friday, shame we won’t bump into them. I vaguely know of him from his race car side of things. Didn’t know he had a party covers band going. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    I just had a first in 20 years of this: "you need to turn the amp down" (no "please")...

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    A 12 watt tweed Deluxe is too loud for that room? I'd tell the sound guy where to get off!
    A 12 watt tweed Deluxe is too loud for that room? I'd tell the sound guy where to get off!

Apparently.
    And I had the amp completely "attenuated" (see settings bellow).
    The guy said if I didn't turn down he would not be able to put the amp on the PA and monitors. I said I could simply not play if he wanted to... He moved on to the next instrument.
    On the show he screwed us up by having the monitors almost off. Keyboard player could not hear himself and we had the echo of the voice only. I asked 4 times for the voice in my wedge and it took him almost 10 minutes to make it happen!
    But it was three songs and I got payed so...

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
    True Reflections are playing a wedding tonight.  Need to set up between 5:30 - 7:00pm before guests arrive, we go on at 9:00.  It makes for a long evening but at least it's local.
  • CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1349
    edited June 2022
    Playing a Ukranian farmer's benefit at a country pub in heart of Dorset tonight.
    Tomorrow it's a nearby British Legion - which will hopefully be outside!
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • Jota said:
    I just had a first in 20 years of this: "you need to turn the amp down" (no "please")...

Keytar player ! Awesome !
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8714
    Jota said:

On the show he screwed us up by having the monitors almost off. Keyboard player could not hear himself and we had the echo of the voice only.
    The sound man’s revenge, put a detuned repeat in the monitors instead of the initial sound. I’ve been at a gig where the support act has been better than the headliners, and the sound man purposely fucked up the monitors. Eventually they called him out for it over the PA. They got thrown off the tour. It didn’t do the headliners much good because the story got around it hit the music press. Is was early 70s, so I’ve forgotten who it was.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • newi123newi123 Frets: 863
    We're in the Monument in Newbury tonight - 1st time there, and first time in Newbury for a few years.

Looking forward to it - not least because Newbury always had the best post gig kebab van. Let's hope he's still there!
    Jota said:

Keytar player ! Awesome !
    Sometimes there's a Steinberg bass too! 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    On bass tonight for farewell gig with the Crow Valley Band at the Trinity Club in Dorchester. We’ll be playing both kinds of music :)
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    Playing a stripped back set with the band Caulbearers tonight at Ascension Church in Hulme, Manchester. Some tickets still on the door.

• maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3134
    Jota said:

Apparently.
    The guy said if I didn't turn down he would not be able to put the amp on the PA and monitors. I said I could simply not play if he wanted to... He moved on to the next instrument.
    On the show he screwed us up by having the monitors almost off. Keyboard player could not hear himself and we had the echo of the voice only. I asked 4 times for the voice in my wedge and it took him almost 10 minutes to make it happen!

Rule no 1 don’t piss off the sound engineer!
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Jota said:

Apparently.

Rule no 1 don’t piss off the sound engineer!
    Specially if it's a "sound engineer"... 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Playing the Geese & Fountain in Croxton Kerrial (Nr Grantham apparently) this afternoon with the Gerry Farrow Band. Never played there before….never heard of Croxton Kerrial either for that matter! 
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Agent Utah plus support Late Night Drive at Derby’s Horse&Groom pub.
    Saturday from 8.
    Guaranteed more fun than Glasto Macca or your money back. 

Free entry. 

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    Painted Wolf playing at Live on the Links in Burntisland tomorrow afternoon at the Sands Hotel. We’ve got an hour slot between a prog band and a reggae outfit.  
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1279
    Two gigs with Far Away Cows today. A slot at a multi band event at the Shakespeare Inn in Shardlow at 2:45pm then the Railway Inn in Belper at 8:30pm. 
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
    True Reflections on at Costello's Bar in Warrington again tonight, 8:30pm kick off.