Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659

'Pickfest' tonight (Pickering Arms in Thelwall having their annual fun day).  All being well this should be my last gig with 'True Reflections' and I’ll be back to being a one-band-guy from now on (which should earn me a few more Brownie Points on the domestic front).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    Borrowed time are playing at the White Hart in Crawley 3pm tomorrow afternoon
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3045
    PeteC said:
    Playing at the outdoor village festival in Marton Le Moor tonight with the GTO band.   Selection of hard, soft and indie rock - should be good but not sure how The Ocean is going to go down ! 
    Well? How did it go down?
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    Far Away Cows playing Spondon Liberal Club, Derby. On about 5ish.
  • Yep.. loading up for The Great British R&B Festival in Colne this weekend.  I’d assume a few other members will be playing it.

Two good late evening slots.  Hoping weather plays. Streets should be absolutely rammed solid.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8721
    Rowby1 said:
    ... and it’s my turn this coming Sunday, 28th, with the Under Covers Band. We’ll start between 4:30 and 5:00.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5383
    Not gigging tonight, but Sunday 28th around these parts is always the Musical Mystery Tour, and I'll be out and about doing a couple of sets at different venues under the name "Shouts at Clouds".

If anyone's in the vicinity of Hertford on Sunday 28th and likes live music and a social time, it's worth drifting through. Absolutely loads of venues with music running from noon until late, so you can either pick a spot and settle in, or wander around and find stuff that interests you. Solo artists, bands, covers, originals, all kinds of styles.

• The band I've just joined makes its debut tonight at a local charity event in Bournemouth. I've got 15-20 original songs to play that I'd never heard until a month or so ago, we've had four sessions together and my memory is under pressure! Should be fine... :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rowby1Rowby1 Frets: 1280
    Roland said:
    Rowby1 said:
    ... and it’s my turn this coming Sunday, 28th, with the Under Covers Band. We’ll start between 4:30 and 5:00.
    See you a bit later then. Me and Jules the bass from Cows coming along for a couple of beers.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3591
    This afternoon was our debute as a three piece. The ISHKATZ played a birthday party at a pub garden. My voice held out (which was the worry) and the audience loved it. Plenty of enquiries and prospects so it bodes well for the future. I really enjoy playing with my two compatriots who also both sing and are very good humoured too. Next gig in two weeks time.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3659
    edited August 2022

Starbelly are playing at the Urmston Sports Club 'Fun Day' this afternoon.  We took the gig because it's a chance to debut our new bass player.  Open air, multiple acts, ridiculously short change over times and organised by a committee - it’s got ‘cluster-fuck’ written all over it.  Going in with low expectations ready to have fun and make the best of it.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Not exactly tonight, in fact a fortnight Saturday (17th September), but it's a ticketed event so it's only fair you all get fair warning!

I'm back at the Old Court in Windsor (aka Windsor Arts Centre) with Rebel Heroes Bowie Tribute, hopefully back on guitar now that our bass player's wrist is on the mend. Expect 2 hours of classic Bowie, from sing-along anthems to fan-pleasing deep cuts.

Tickets available here. Some pics of recent shows to whet your appetite:

Backstage with Woody Woodmansey:

• Keefy said:
    Not exactly tonight, in fact a fortnight Saturday (17th September), but it's a ticketed event so it's only fair you all get fair warning!

I'm back at the Old Court in Windsor (aka Windsor Arts Centre) with Rebel Heroes Bowie Tribute, hopefully back on guitar now that our bass player's wrist is on the mend. Expect 2 hours of classic Bowie, from sing-along anthems to fan-pleasing deep cuts.

@keefy Wish I could make it across…have you got anything booked for sunny Wiltshire anytime soon?
    Keefy said:

@keefy Wish I could make it across…have you got anything booked for sunny Wiltshire anytime soon?
    Sadly not, don't think you'll see us at the Old Road Tavern again, it's larger ticketed venues now.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    edited August 2022
    Sadly not, don't think you'll see us at the Old Road Tavern again, it's larger ticketed venues now.
    You guys deserve the big venues! Was hoping you might do The Consti in Chippenham again but Dickie’s just retired so not sure what’s going to go on there now
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5003
    The Fighting Cocks in Kingston tonight. 
    New Cross Inn tomorrow. We
     are on first
  • The Roughcut Rebels out at The Barge Inn at Seend Cleeve tonight, down by t'canal! Should be a good one...hopefully not as cold as last time, eh @keefy!
    The Roughcut Rebels out at The Barge Inn at Seend Cleeve tonight, down by t'canal! Should be a good one...hopefully not as cold as last time, eh @keefy!
    Ha ha no, I dressed for the cold including fleece beany and got a coffee from the bar, but only the patio heaters made the climatic conditions bearable - don’t know how you guys stood it!
  • Keefy said:
    The Roughcut Rebels out at The Barge Inn at Seend Cleeve tonight, down by t'canal! Should be a good one...hopefully not as cold as last time, eh @keefy!
    Ha ha no, I dressed for the cold including fleece beany and got a coffee from the bar, but only the patio heaters made the climatic conditions bearable - don’t know how you guys stood it!
    I only thawed out last week!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Starbelly are appearing at The Shrub Club in New Mills tonight, kick-off 7:30 so should be an early finish.