Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Snap said:
    I think it will be won by England or France. 
    Timo Werner gets the golden boot and Germany slams it home.   =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • England will win....as long as France Spain Italy Germany Portugal Belgium and Holland all get knocked out by somebody else! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 5130
    I got the Netherlands in a work sweepstake. 

so it won't be them.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    I got Austria at work. Cost me £3. Might as well have throw it away. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5321
    I am going for Bonnie Scotland and in a fit of national pride have bet the house on it.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5321
    Anyone know a good homeless charity?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    Ultimate national treachery, I've laid England to qualify from group D. £7 at risk to win £100 if they don't get out the group. 
  • Not much mention of Croatia. We all remember what happened 3 years ago, could be a tough first match for England. England struggle against teams with world-class midfields and Croatia have one. Could be quite a match. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12543
    Not much mention of Croatia. We all remember what happened 3 years ago, could be a tough first match for England. England struggle against teams with world-class midfields and Croatia have one. Could be quite a match. 
    we could quite easily lose to Croatia and draw the other two, we're no certainties.
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 966
    England struggle against teams with world-class midfields and Croatia have one. 
    You can delete all but the first two words in that sentence  ;)
  • AlbertC said:
    Also, I'm not trying to be negative, but England have a tough draw.... the top two of Group F (FRA, POR, GER) beckons whether they finish top o'r 2nd of the group. 

For Wales, it could be tough, we have to beat Switzerland, then we could scrape into the 2nd round with another draw maybe. If we lose it's going to be tough against Turkey and Italy. One ray of hope for us could be if Italy has already qualified by the 3rd game and rest players.... which is exactly what happened when Ireland beat Italy in 2016 to qualify. 

Excitement and nerves are starting to set in now.... I can feel the anticipation building here in Wales. We're 100% behind the team and manager, whatever happens. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12543
    AlbertC said:
    Also, I'm not trying to be negative, but England have a tough draw.... the top two of Group F (FRA, POR, GER) beckons whether they finish top o'r 2nd of the group. 

For Wales, it could be tough, we have to beat Switzerland, then we could scrape into the 2nd round with another draw maybe. If we lose it's going to be tough against Turkey and Italy. One ray of hope for us could be if Italy has already qualified by the 3rd game and rest players.... which is exactly what happened when Ireland beat Italy in 2016 to qualify. 

Excitement and nerves are starting to set in now.... I can feel the anticipation building here in Wales. We're 100% behind the team and manager, whatever happens. 
    Oh we're behind Gareth, right up til we lose and then he'll get a root vegetable nickname and be sacked for Eddie Howe probably.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckee said:
    AlbertC said:

Oh we're behind Gareth, right up til we lose and then he'll get a root vegetable nickname and be sacked for Eddie Howe probably.
    The inevitable abuse and press hounding surely is a big handicap for England.... knowing if you make one mistake or do something foolish will result in you going through hell has to be on the back of the player's minds and adds to the already high pressure. 

As for a winner, I'm going to put money on Italy and Portugal. Italy looking good under Mancini. And Portugal has an incredible squad, Dias, Cancelo, Silva, Bruno, Jota, Ronaldo.......
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7427
    I've got quite a nice little portfolio of bets going now. Today I added Scotland to qualify at 2/1, true odds are a bit less than 7/4. As usual I think I'm more excited about the new spreadsheet, graph and tables than I am the prospect of winning anything haha. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    Pisses me off when the masses turn on the team as soon as one thing doesn’t go our way. The press here really don’t help the team or our enjoyment of the international tournaments. 
    I’m hoping all the home nations do well. Be great to see some exciting matches too, hope there aren’t to many overly safe tactical games.
    Just realised I’m on a night out with the missus and another couple next Friday so will miss the Scotland game. History tells me whenever I miss an England game the 3 lions win so not a bad thing! 
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    I believe the opening ceremony will include a virtual performance from Bono &The Edge with Martin Garrix of ‘We are the People’ the anthem of the tournament. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    russpm said:
    I believe the opening ceremony will include a virtual performance from Bono &The Edge with Martin Garrix of ‘We are the People’ the anthem of the tournament. 

Thanks for the warning.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9997
    edited June 2021
    russpm said:

Thanks for the warning.
    That sounds like something horrific made up to scare people.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    I don't see the need for an opening ceremony. People are there to watch the game. In all my years of watching sport I have never heard anyone say "well we were shit and got an absolute tanking but the people poncing about before it started more than made up for it". 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16373
    scrumhalf said:
    I don't see the need for an opening ceremony. People are there to watch the game. In all my years of watching sport I have never heard anyone say "well we were shit and got an absolute tanking but the people poncing about before it started more than made up for it". 
    That was kind of what happened with the 2012 olympics, that people remember more about the opening ceremony than the games themselves. But, yes, not quite the same scenario here.  
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom