Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    edited June 2021
    Just saw a photo of him on oxygen with heart monitor on his finger with his hand on his head and conscious, looks like the medic did an outstanding job and he’s going to the hospital. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    Just saw a photo of him on oxygen with heart monitor on his finger with his hand on his head and conscious, looks like the medic did an outstanding job and he’s going to the hospital. 

A few reports now that he has survived. Dearly hope they are correct.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    GuyR said:

A few reports now that he has survived. Dearly hope they are correct.
    reports now that he is on his way to hospital and they have stabilised him
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387

What a hero. Thank God he's alive. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    edited June 2021
    Great news....when I saw the meds administering CPR to him I thought he was gone. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Encouraging news. Respect for the medics. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7922

"Danish FA says "Christian Eriksen is awake and waiting more tests in hospital."
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Great news....when I saw the meds administering CPR to him I thought he was gone. 
    Me and the Wife said the same, cpr, defib, cpr, he must be gone.

Great news he may be okay.
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8601
    Great news....when I saw the meds administering CPR to him I thought he was gone. 
    Me and the Wife said the same, cpr, defib, cpr, he must be gone.

I thought the same. I'm very relieved to have got it wrong. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    I honestly wonder if it was the defib that made the difference. They are mikes miles better machines than they were even 15years ago.   I don’t think I ever expected to see one used on a football pitch of the worlds best players.  But maybe it was the key,

my wife reminded me that we were on holiday on Norway in early Summer 2003 when We were watching I’m not sure what tournament and Marc Vivien Foe collapsed .

I felt genuinely terrible and hour ago, maybe it’s a sign of getting old, and now I feel genuinely relieved and mortal on some positive news

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11422
    I can both understand and not understand continuing the game. Radio5Live reports that the players still look trauamtised. I wouldn't be surprised if the game was abandoned before the 90 minutes are up.

I hope Christian gets the best possible care and have no doubt that he will.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    sev112 said:
    I honestly wonder if it was the defib that made the difference. They are mikes miles better machines than they were even 15years ago.   I don’t think I ever expected to see one used on a football pitch of the worlds best players.  But maybe it was the key,

my wife reminded me that we were on holiday on Norway in early Summer 2003 when We were watching I’m not sure what tournament and Marc Vivien Foe collapsed .

I felt genuinely terrible and hour ago, maybe it’s a sign of getting old, and now I feel genuinely relieved and mortal on some positive news

The "good" news I suppose is that if you're going to collapse then a major sports event in Scandinavia is about the best you could hope for, in terms of getting the best treatment as soon as possible.

I turned the game on just before it happened, turned it off as soon as I saw how serious it was (didn't want the kids watching). Thank christ the news seems to be positive. I knew people who were there when Phil O'Donnell collapsed and immediately feared the worst. 
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2036
    Can't believe they are going ahead and restarting the match tonight. Suppose players must want to and must have encouraging news about Eriksen. 

It was a harrowing watch alright. Life is short lads - don't sweat the small stuff and make the most of it. I must remind myself of that much, much more often.

Glad he's stable - shocking viewing. 
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    UEFA says the players on both teams wanted to restart the game. Brave of them given everything they've experienced today.

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Pitch invader: cut away

Player collapses: zoom in
    Wife in distress as husband receives CRP: zoom in
    They are using a defib?  ZOOM IN!

Hope they all get fucking sacked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    UEFA says the players on both teams wanted to restart the game. Brave of them given everything they've experienced today.
    Fair play to them, it is breath-taking strength from them

Also, the Christian!! Eriksen!! chants were truly special in the stadium
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    joeyowen said:

People keep making this point, but how many of those complaining chose to turn the TV off?

The media are rightly getting criticised but equally the reason they're like this is because people lap it up. Social media is full of people retweeting the footage of his collapse and then complaining about the TV showing his wife crying without any hint of irony whatsoever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7828
    joeyowen said:

People keep making this point, but how many of those complaining chose to turn the TV off?

The media are rightly getting criticised but equally the reason they're like this is because people lap it up. Social media is full of people retweeting the footage of his collapse and then complaining about the TV showing his wife crying without any hint of irony whatsoever.

Linekar tweeted that the feed came from the stadium and there was nothing they could do.

Couldn't they have gone back to the studio?
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    joeyowen said:

Appreciate the sentiment but I don’t think that’s quite the case 
    The coverage hardly showed any collapse, n-one knew what had happened for ages, he was just an injured player at that point
    they showed her for about 3 or 4 seconds then cut away. Talk sport said in Rome they showed much more of his oartner
    you only saw the defib if you knew what you were looking for, and I was wondering as I know about them, as I only saw one shock, so I don’t think they were zooming in on defib, and you couldn’t obviously see the equipment

so I don’t think it was as much as represented, nor a requirement to sack people

• YellowLedBetterManYellowLedBetterMan Frets: 1194
    edited June 2021
    I know it's under strange circumstances, and Denmark understandably weren't at the races, but well done the Finns.

Been saying it for a while, they're better than people give them credit for.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.