Football - Euro 2020 Championship

What's Hot
1838485868789»

Comments

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1420
    3 days on. A team lost a football match on penalties. People have moved on I hope?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SimonhSimonh Frets: 1360
    this will go on for years!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    Simonh said:
    No it won't - if all goes to plan we can start again next Oct 2022, just in time for Qatar 2022 in Nov - That will be interesting - fan zones and outside the pub in a British autumn 
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Simonh said:
    No it won't - if all goes to plan we can start again next Oct 2022, just in time for Qatar 2022 in Nov - That will be interesting - fan zones and outside the pub in a British autumn 
    I'm secretly hoping some of our neanderthals will head out to Qatar and behave in their normal way.

I can't see that ending well for them! 

Is stoning still a thing? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23583
    Simonh said:
    I'm secretly hoping some of our neanderthals will head out to Qatar and behave in their normal way.

According to Wikipedia, stoning is a legal punishment in Qatar, although it has never been used. 

Fans may have to be careful to stick to the fan zones if they're boozing, though.
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    People might struggle to get booze in Qatar outside of hotels and licensed restaurants.
  • GuyRGuyR Frets: 1361
    Southgate is the second most successful manager England have had, according to the only measurable arbiter. I really like the way he conducts himself in all circumstances and I think his integrity is central to his squad buying in to his approach, irrespective of whether they play. I wouldn't profess to sufficient expertise to criticise his tactics, but those tactics got us to a penalty play off for a major honour, so, although everyone is entitled to their opinion, I doubt he will be logging on here for advice.
     Well done to him and the squad and let's hope he's not hounded out by the venal slime that broadly comprise our media.

On another subject, I loathe that players are singled out as having "missed" a penalty when it has been on target and saved. Yet another example of our vile media using negative language to generate the ill will that drives their sales.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8221
    Simonh said:

I worry that some of the knuckleheads will actually be encouraged rather than discouraged if they hear they have a chance of getting stoned in Qatar. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Hattigol said:
    Simonh said:

I worry that some of the knuckleheads will actually be encouraged rather than discouraged if they hear they have a chance of getting stoned in Qatar. 
    It would be a shame to spoil the surprise though.
    Call me Dave.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    edited July 2021
    Simonh said:

It's a good premise for a reality tv show on prime time Aljazera, where viewers can phone in to vote how they want 'English John' to meet his maker - "For stoning call 0876...."