What's Hot

Comments

• joeyowen said:
    Pitch invader: cut away

Player collapses: zoom in
    Wife in distress as husband receives CRP: zoom in
    They are using a defib?  ZOOM IN!

Hope they all get fucking sacked.
    Fwiw, I was watching via ESPN in the States. They replayed him collapsing twice and abruptly cut live broadcast after 5 minutes.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Fair points.  however,

It was hard to turn off.  Not because I wanted to watch, but I wanted it to be ok.  The best way of keeping up to date with developments was leaving it on.  I accept responsibility for watching yes, but did I expect them to hard cut to a close up of his vacant face?  Not at all.  Did I want to watch CPR taking place, no, not really.  1% of the morbid curiosity maybe, if I'm being totally honest.  100% of me hated it regardless.

Think about this,
    Somewhere a decision was made as his wife is distressed by the pitch.  
    The camera operator chose to locate, and zoom to her.  Maybe it is their job
    The fucking director said, yep, ship it.  Show that.  He/she can fuck off.  Millions of people were watching.
    I can accept that they didn't know at the time the full picture.  It was simply beyond clear that it wasn't something that should be televised.

Many countries cut away.  Drone shots, studio, outside stadium etc.  It clearly can be done.

Anyway.  Rant over, I'm clearly getting older and it bothers me more than my younger self.  Well done to the Finnish team for the win!
  • Shocking, so happy he made it through.

As for Wales, well a point was a very acceptable outcome given how the game went, Swiss had far too much possession 1st half, Embolo was causing havoc and the Swiss should have been well ahead. But, never write off this team, much improved 2nd half, Kiefer’s goal an incredible moment and you could feel the spiritand confidence rising. The Swiss goal/var over ruling got me from despair to elation. We didn’t play well but hung in and dug deep. We’ve given ourselves a chance now against Turkey, all to play for. 
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4691
    I honestly thought CE was dead. Seeing him go down like that and the players rushing round I feared the worst, well done to the Danish team for forming a ring around him to try and give him some privacy, 
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    I honestly thought CE was dead. Seeing him go down like that and the players rushing round I feared the worst, well done to the Danish team for forming a ring around him to try and give him some privacy, 

The Danish team was superb. Kasper Schmeichel is incredible. To go through that today after what he went through with the horrific death of Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha at Leicester and to still have the presence of mind to be there with Simon Kjaer for CE's wife pitchside is something I have immense respect for.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2387
    The Danish team and medics were all wonderful. A fabulous example. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And so were the Fins. Brilliant. 
    Any other England fans deliberately avoiding watching the match?  Or just me. 

It a llovely day and I’m going out with my wife for a walk in the country instead. 

My prediction:

It’s too hot for the English players. They will be cautious and slow playing across the park a lot and probably go a goal down in the first half. It’ll be 1-1. England will score from a free kick or a corner to equalise and will come close to winning. I hope I’m wrong and they play with intensity and win and I will enjoy the highlights later with a beer. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • This morning my alarm rang at 10.30 to Three Lions by Baddiel and Skinner. I had forgot I drunkenly set it to do so weeks ago, so that was a nice morning surprise.

It's coming home.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16373
    rze99 said:

It a llovely day and I’m going out with my wife for a walk in the country instead. 

My prediction:

It’s too hot for the English players. They will be cautious and slow playing across the park a lot and probably go a goal down in the first half. It’ll be 1-1. England will score from a free kick or a corner to equalise and will come close to winning. I hope I’m wrong and they play with intensity and win and I will enjoy the highlights later with a beer. 
    I’ve walked the dog early this morning and have done some shopping in preparedness. 

Very odd yesterday as I turned the TV on at what must have been the second they cut back to the studio. Took minutes to work out what was happening from what they were saying, I thought must have been a bomb gone off or something like that. I’m not diminishing the seriousness of it but it was very confusing for a while. 

Put MOTD on later for the various hilights and it had disappeared from the schedule so saw about ten minutes of football altogether yesterday although that did include the Finnish goal. Goalkeeping was a factor and presumably the Danish will be debating if he was really fit to play given the earlier events. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    edited June 2021
    rze99 said:

My prediction:

I’ve walked the dog early this morning and have done some shopping in preparedness. 

Very odd yesterday as I turned the TV on at what must have been the second they cut back to the studio. Took minutes to work out what was happening from what they were saying, I thought must have been a bomb gone off or something like that. I’m not diminishing the seriousness of it but it was very confusing for a while. 

Put MOTD on later for the various hilights and it had disappeared from the schedule so saw about ten minutes of football altogether yesterday although that did include the Finnish goal. Goalkeeping was a factor and presumably the Danish will be debating if he was really fit to play given the earlier events. 
    There’s 5 min highlights of every game on YouTube, so I’m surprised anyone still waits for and watches match of the day.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    rze99 said:

My prediction:

There’s 5 min highlights of every game on YouTube, so I’m surprised anyone still waits for and watches match of the day.
    Well, I guess some of us do. Although maybe not quite sure why - habit maybe. 
    Normally MOTD doesn't go straight onto the iPlayer unlike basically every other BBC programme so I do try to catch bit as it's broadcast, watching hilights of Saturday matches on Monday is a bit pointless. 
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3109
    My lad's team played this morning and won 3-2 so I don't feel too nervous now. I hope England get a good result but I think it will be tough.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• That's the alleged "best" team in the group dispatched, better get the open too buses out of the garage and give em a good clean.

It's coming home.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    England somewhat helped by Croatia being unable to hit a barn door. But not a bad start at all, a lot more flowing and confident than I'd seen in bits of the warm up matches. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23583
    edited June 2021
    Minor thing, but.... Jack Wilshere on the radio is driving me mad, calling Micah Richards "Meekah".  I wish someone would have a word with him off-air.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2644
    ewal said:
    Anyway Scotland have a great group of players coming through at long last. Don't think we've found the answer up front yet. In actual fact, I think we have, it's just that he's not in the squad. But defence and midfield are looking great. And Steve Clarke is as good as they come.

Kieran Tierney, Nathan Patterson, Billy Gilmour, Stuart Armstrong, David Turnbull - I just hope they get the chance and show us the obvious potential they have. I don't really care about the result.

Also brilliant to see three ex-Thistle players in the squad. And if only Liam Lindsay had progressed the way I thought he would - he looked the best of that particular group of boys at the time.
    I'm still in shock that Nisbet seems to have got some actual talent. A long way from the guy we punted. 
    I thought he looked the part at times, well in games against St Johnstone anyway...
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    I’m extremely pleased to have been proved wrong about Kalvin Phillips who had an excellent first half 
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9997
    Nicely surprised to hear the intro to Jeff Buckley's Last Goodbye over some ITV highlights for Austria v N. Macedonia
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12543
    What a game Netherlands Ukraine is. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom