• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1420
    @phil_b Brexit means Brexit 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Thread closed for a little bit. Brb 
    Right. 

That’s one member in the cooler for a week. 

Calm it down and keep your emotions in check or there will be more. This has been a good natured and good thread on the whole, and it needs to stay that way. 

Personal insults totally unprovoked against another member just because they are expressing their opinion is an absolute no no. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Thread reopened.
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    The best team won to be fair. But Italy were ridiculously smug in winning and lacked class in how they were at the end.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    Well.. thought we might have nicked it with Jordan saving a couple. Familiar feeling for those of us of a certain age. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

russpm said:
    The best team won to be fair. But Italy were ridiculously smug in winning and lacked class in how they were at the end.
    how were they smug ? English players taking off medals isn’t exactly a good look either 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    russpm said:
    This reads as 'sour grapes'.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Well.. thought we might have nicked it with Jordan saving a couple. Familiar feeling for those of us of a certain age. 
    You got to win one sometime. Must be gutted if you can remember Italia 90 etc 
    phil_b said:
    Fretwired said:
    The best team won. Poor decisions from Southgate - Manchini gave Southgate a lesson in good management. He got Italy on the front foot with some good substitutions and a change in tactics. Southgate should have responded and brought on fresh legs earlier - and you don't bring two young players off the bench to take penalities with one minute to go in the game.
    Admin edit: Absolutely no need for that comment. 
    Now I want to know what he said....
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13039
    edited July 2021
    russpm said:
    But Italy were ridiculously smug in winning and lacked class in how they were at the end.
    Think I'll turn off my PC and come back in the morning when the sober people are posting. :D 

octatonic said:
    phil_b said:
    Fretwired said:
    The best team won. Poor decisions from Southgate - Manchini gave Southgate a lesson in good management. He got Italy on the front foot with some good substitutions and a change in tactics. Southgate should have responded and brought on fresh legs earlier - and you don't bring two young players off the bench to take penalities with one minute to go in the game.
    No, you don’t. Just unnecessary. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12512
    Thought we lost our way in the second half: Kane got no service, Sterling just didn’t turn up. Surprised by Southgates’ substitution decisions too. 

Ultimately Italy played better and probably deserved the win, but penalties are always a horrible way to lose a big game. Well done England, the team got a lot further than I ever though they would and they can be proud. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    edited July 2021 tFB Trader
    As a Scot who doesn’t care much for football I can honestly say that at half time I thought England had done it. I feel sorry for them, I genuinely believed they had another 45 mins of that in them. I don’t think the better team won that game, penalties is a crap way to separate teams (although wtf was Rashford doing?). 

Can’t say I liked the commentators choice of words when they were collecting their medals. “…only silver…” is still silver, nothing to be ashamed of. So, well done England. Onto the next one.

Ps - I’m totally sober this evening btw.
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24677
    octatonic said:
    phil_b said:
    Fretwired said:
    Yeah, he does.  He said so!

I do too now :lol: 
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Rashford's attempt would have been brilliant and made him a hero if it was 6 inches to the right.
    Shit happens.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8825
    tFB Trader
    Ironically Phil_b’s fret count is now 1996 :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2021
    He insulted him calling him a C U Next Tuesday. He’s probably out smashing up a square somewhere now. His profile states he is in Northern Ireland so not sure why he is so angry. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10410
    Emp_Fab said:
    octatonic said:
    phil_b said:
    Fretwired said:
    Yeah, he does.  He said so!

I do too now :lol: 

Not going to repeat it, but It was bang out of order.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
    edited July 2021
    Ok, yeah, bit of excitement and so forth… but can we stop discussing it now and get back to the topic