What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Philly_Q said:
    Cold in July 

I read the book a long time ago and I think the film's pretty faithful although it doesn't have much of the black humour of Joe R Lansdale's dialogue.  The film is deadly serious but still very good.  Jim Mickle's a good director, I've enjoyed all his films so far.

V V good film.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    hootsmon said:
    jd0272 said:
    hootsmon;674977" said:
    sin city 2
    Fuck. Off.

Just finished watching on Netflix. Enjoyed. Switch off viewing. Marv Rules. Powers was excellently Evil.
    just finished the book vol 1..........Marv is the man right enough Bro....vol 2 of the book is the source of much of the material for the movie 2...goldie...............
    BTW didn't mean that as an insult Hoots, had just finished it when ye posted. 

Yeah, Goldie. Grrr.
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    Terminator Genesys
    everything you'd expect.. plus some quite funny moments too
    lots of blowing up and stuff...
    loved it...
    play every note as if it were your first
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1788
    Clarky;691894" said:
    Terminator Genesyseverything you'd expect.. plus some quite funny moments toolots of blowing up and stuff...loved it...
    Being a Terminator fan I'm expecting shit actually. Was it shit?
  • Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    I wouldnt call it shit. The critics on rotten tomatoes have been overly harsh in my opinion. It does have some silly moments in the action sequences, and the plot is a bit silly too, but it keeps you watching. If you liked T2 you will probably like this one. I would go with the 7/10 rating on some other websites. You do need to have seen at least T1 and T2 to understand whats going on.

Apparently there is a mid-credits scene. Of course I walked out straight away and missed that. 
    Clarky;691894" said:
    Terminator Genesyseverything you'd expect.. plus some quite funny moments toolots of blowing up and stuff...loved it...
    Being a Terminator fan I'm expecting shit actually. Was it shit?
    no I didn't think it was shit at a all
    I like all the Terminator films though.. and I like the story lines..
    when you're screwing with times travel you can make anything happen..
    and blow up lots of stuff too
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73088
    Apparently there is a mid-credits scene. Of course I walked out straight away and missed that.  
    This has started to annoy me a bit. I now often find myself sitting in an empty cinema with the kids halfway down the stairs waiting for me because I don't want to miss an after-credit scene. Mostly you end up just watching ten minutes of rolling text and then get nothing.

It's a bit like the hidden tracks on CDs - it seems quite clever the first few times but then just gets clichéd and irritating when everyone does it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16414
    Is this to do for when they are shown on TV? Programmes like Friends had a short scene after the end credits; apparently designed to make it more likely that people would watch right to the end and watch the ads rather than having left the room during the credits ( on some networks there would also be ads between the last scene and the closing credits).
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23700
    Call me a saddo, but I always stay in the cinema to the end of the credits.  

I must admit it does try my patience a bit nowadays, given the dozens of visual FX companies involved in every blockbuster movie.

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1531
    It becomes a bit of a mind game. You either have to commit to watching the whole of the credits right til the end or you might as well just walk out straight away.

I remember watching a Harry Potter film a few years ago (cant remember which) that supposedly had an end of credits scene. After a lengthy wait and about 90% into the credits we were the only two people left in the cinema and some guy was pointing a torch at us. Plus my girlfriend didnt believe there was an end of credits scene so I caved and we walked out. Good way to waste a few mins of your life, and still not see the scene anyway.
    Soon as it's done I grab the kids and out. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 634
    Champs, excellent documentary
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9831
    edited July 2015
    Run Lola Run. Race against time to return mobsters' money or her boyfriend dies. Told in real time. I won't spoil it by saying anymore except that it is brilliant.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    HAL9000 said:
    Run Lola Run. Race against time to return .mobsters' money or her boyfriend dies. Told in real time. I won't spoil it by saying angmore except that it is brilliant.
    Years since I saw that, twas v good indeed.
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    I tend to think if the house lights have gone up there's no credit scene.  Also with Mrs. Stoo being disabled we tend to wait for the rush to go down before leaving just to make it easier for her.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    frankus said:

Kingsman - a good old action romp.

Was watching it with wife and eldest so the last 2-3 minutes were a bit awkward especially the bit after the credits where it turns out she's pre-op TG.

Wouldn't matter to me with that face and that backside.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I didn't see the mid-credits scene if there was one.. cos I seriously needed to expel a large diet coke.. lmao
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I tend to think if the house lights have gone up there's no credit scene.  

I've a mate that works in film promotion, and basically that. If the house lights go on then you're safe to get up and leave (unless you're desperate to find out who the tea lady was on the film).
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23700
    I tend to think if the house lights have gone up there's no credit scene.  

I've a mate that works in film promotion, and basically that. If the house lights go on then you're safe to get up and leave (unless you're desperate to find out who the tea lady was on the film).
    A bit like a gig where you're hoping for a second encore and the lights go on...

But yeah, I like to see who the tea lady was.  And the first and second assistant tea ladies.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    I watched Spy last night and it was quite good.  Quite funny.  7/10.