Klon Centaur...

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73236
    Bigsbys are overpriced like the Klon, the US ones are poorly cast so they are a perfect match for your Gibson, the Chinese copies of them are better but immoral, although it makes no odds once the courier has broken the headstock off it like they did to Pagey's one, no that was Greeny's one and it was a car crash which is like Kirk's playing so it was appropriate he bought it because Bonamassa didn't want it as he has too many already.

The end. We can all go home now as the internet serves no further purpose.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24883
    ^
    Er no! We haven't done PRSs are for dentists, that 'my' Squier is better than my mate's Custom Shop Fender or (insert name of player) is vastly over-rated yet....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    ...I forgot the one about The Edge's pedals which always turns into an anti Bono thread.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2414
    LOLs all round to the previous 4 posts :))
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27897
    Jaffa cakes, anyone?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2014
    I need to add the "Line 6 DL4 switches break" conversation to the list of regular forum topics ;-)

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Not until you've asked the grand high wizards of Line6 to diss one of their own products... till then it's internet wisdom, apparently.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    An item on my bucket list is to slap a blues player in the face with a Klon whilst making a guitarist sex face.

And I don't care what version it is.

disclaimer: Arc effects klone is moving closer to the top of my purchase list.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    frankus said:
    Not until you've asked the grand high wizards of Line6 to diss one of their own products... till then it's internet wisdom, apparently.
    are you a closet KKK'er ?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Klons are brilliant, and were £350 from memory new 10 years ago (my friend has a few from new). The cases were sand cast, so not off the shelve like many of the £200 boutique units today, so imo, werent priced badly. Id never pay £1000+ for one but if one came up at the right price Id be tempted.
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I was just having an eBay hunt for them (out of curiosity)

It seems :
    Gold 1500
    Silver 1200
    Ktr 450

It does seem though, these are the prices people want to sell them at, not what people are willing to pay.

On the cheapz I'm tempted to get a soul food. For more, I'm really tempted by the arc effects klone, it looks and sounds killer!
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    frankus said:
    What does that even mean?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    I've actually seen a Klon - does that make me special?

It was subsequently bought by JoBo....
    I've actually seen a Klon - does that make me special?

Lucky you. Only a few have sighted the mythical beast 
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16472

frankus said:
    frankus said:
    What does that even mean?
    Didn't the Klu Klux Klan have titles like Grand High Wizard and Imperial Wizard and such like? I suspect those didn't help their credibility even amongst white supremacists.

Although it would appear more that you were suggesting a KKK-Line6 link rather than being a closet KKK member yourself. Might explain the Burning Cross and Hang Em High patches on the Spider.

Okay, I'll get me coat.
    :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I've actually seen a Klon - does that make me special?

I played that one. They said it would never be sold......
    edited August 2014
    lustycourtier;318574" said:
    They said it would never be sold......
    That's true.

JoBo paid £750 I believe....

Anyway - if you played through it, you are definitely more special than me....
  • pmgpmg Frets: 301
    lustycourtier;318574" said:
    They said it would never be sold......
    That's true.

JoBo paid £750 I believe....

Anyway - if you played through it, you are definitely more special than me....

Was that the one in toneworld which they said they would never sell and was for customers to try only?
    ^
    Yes
  • alanbass1alanbass1 Frets: 108
    They are mighty fine pedals - worth £1k - not what I would pay but I did buy one for £360 eight years ago and people thought me mad back then.  Just to fuel the fire, I recently got a Dumbloid pedal and this is one fine higher gain pedal also, well worth the £370 I paid - comes with a ready made 'how much - you must be made' flame/hype war
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom