Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Best man?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• A good opening line is worth spending some time on. If you get a laugh within seconds of opening your mouth it makes the rest of the speech so much easier. Big confidence boost.
    Use Your Brian
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4159
    It went well for those who wanted an update. I got everyone laughing with my opening line. From there it just flowed. I didn't miss anything out, did some unexpected ad-libbing and kept to time (7 minutes). My missus said she was really impressed and proud and everyone made a point of telling me how good I was! I was blushing I tell ya!
    I was very relieved for it to be over mind and drank myself silly immediately after and into the small hours. It all happened in a place called Lewes, near Brighton. Nice place.
    1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Deadman, good for you.  I'm glad it all came good.

BTW, what was your opening line?
    Cheers Chris.
    It was completely nicked I have to say! Most of you have probably heard it before.
    Went along the lines of: I love a good wedding, when I was young it was always (do nudging motion) "you're next....."
    The trouble is, as I'm getting older I go to more funerals than weddings and people still insist on saying (do nudge thing again) "you're next".
    They loved it.
  • Unnacustomed as I am to public speech...well you are not now.

Well done dude glad it all went well and you were a hit with the wedding party, but seriously dude put those bridesmaids down, you never know where they have been.

I hope you got well pissed after your official duties were done.
    I didn't disappoint Johnny, I was leathered. Thanks mate.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    edited September 2014
    Deadman said:
    It went well for those who wanted an update. I got everyone laughing with my opening line. From there it just flowed. I didn't miss anything out, did some unexpected ad-libbing and kept to time (7 minutes). My missus said she was really impressed and proud and everyone made a point of telling me how good I was! I was blushing I tell ya!
    I was very relieved for it to be over mind and drank myself silly immediately after and into the small hours. It all happened in a place called Lewes, near Brighton. Nice place.
    Where in Lewes? I was at a wedding in the castle once. Very pretty, but not a great venue for a party. I've been to one at some sort of labour club in Lewes as well which was the polar opposite.
    Pelham House Hotel @CabbageCat.
    Nice gaff.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12902
    Glad it went well @Deadman. My best man was a lady (christened The Best Ladyman by the photographer) and she was bricking herself too about the speech before the ceremony. Once she'd cracked a couple of jokes at my expense and got some laughs it all went fine.
    Thanks mate.
  • I've been to more weddings as a member of a function band than I have as a guest, so I've heard a fair few best man speeches where I've known nothing about any of the people involved and consequently I think the whole thing is pretty boring.