• DodgeDodge Frets: 1480
    Oh dear.  Fury Usyk off for a bit.
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/68187055
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24815
    Dodge said:
    Oh dear.  Fury Usyk off for a bit.
     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/68187055
    What's the betting it never gets rescheduled?
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1729
    cant say im surprised. Rumours of crap camp and his previous non fights. 
    Id say its 50/50 whether it ever happens now. A cut should be fairly easy to appraise and set a date, so if not rescheduled in a few days then its usual fury nonsense. How do you get cut with a guard on?
    Just boring now the whole fury thing.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    Benn fight im looking forward to on weekend though.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10541
    swiller said:
    cant say im surprised. Rumours of crap camp and his previous non fights. 
    Id say its 50/50 whether it ever happens now. A cut should be fairly easy to appraise and set a date, so if not rescheduled in a few days then its usual fury nonsense. How do you get cut with a guard on?
    Just boring now the whole fury thing.
    It is a pretty bad cut to be fair. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12767
    swiller said:
    Azeez vs buatsi should also be good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    munckee said:
    swiller said:
    Azeez vs buatsi should also be good. 
    yeah, good night tonight. Romford bull and other decent undercard action on both events.

Odds for dobson are 6-1 for a win. Got to be worth a tenner. Benn emotional.  Dobson has a big upper frame/shoulders, looks determined/unphased and can punch hard and quick. Seems cautious, aware, good body puncher and has a jab and counters well.

Head says benn in 6 though.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1044
    Is Benn on the juice for this one?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1801
    edited February 3
    Great fight and both deserve an applause. Buatsi was superior throughout but not by a big margin. Great pace of fight.
    I think had Azeez listened to his corner and stuck to the body he would have fared better, Buatsi didn’t like the body shots much. Good fight to watch. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 7032
    edited March 7
    AJ v Ngannou then?

I must admit I’ve for more interest in this than when he fought Fury I didn’t buy that one. And it’s a decent undercard (in places) for example:

Zhilei Zhang vs Joseph Parker

Rey Vargas vs Nick Ball

Two potentially good fights.

But before we get too excited if you didn’t see it last week - have a butchers at this. Non stop action for 12 rounds. Sam Eggington is rarely in a boring fight! 

Previously known as stevebrum
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4066
    Iamnobody said:
    AJ v Ngannou then?

I must admit I’ve for more interest in this than when he fought Fury I didn’t buy that one. And it’s a decent undercard (in places) for example:

Zhilei Zhang vs Joseph Parker

Rey Vargas vs Nick Ball

Two potentially good fights.

But before we get too excited if you didn’t see it last week - have a butchers at this. Non stop action for 12 rounds. Sam Eggington is rarely in a boring fight! 

I'd love it if Ngannou lands one on old glass chin.

AJ was better in his last fight than he has been for years, so let's hope that continues.
    I don't really see how AJ has a glass chin, Usyk punched him in it hundreds of times and didn't put him down, he got knocked down by Wlad who was a big puncher and had a mare against Ruiz.  I don't think he is chinny.

I think he beats Ngannou by a comfortable points win.

I'm more excited by Parker Zhang think it will be really close.

Haven't seen much of Ball or Vargas but seems a good fight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3236
    Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul confirmed

No, no, a million times no. Is boxing so shit nowadays, in fact is modern society so shit now with its internet wannabes, that bouts lile this are popular?

How embarrassing for Jake Paul to have to turn to a 58 year old bloke for some 'fame'?

That said I hope Mike Tyson knocks his block off and shows him that he needs to stick to his own generation and work harder to maximise his talent. 
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1526
    At 58 yrs old I'd like to think his punch can still do serious damage....and I hope that damage is on Jake Paul's face. 
    It is interesting for joshua to have 2 previous fury opponents as the prequel to a possible undisputed battle of britain.
    Think ben davison is perfect for josh career now and taking him back to thug approach now he has, i think, very good boxing skills. 
    Watched ngannou fury again last night in prep and i think fury won it, previously thought it was closer.
    Ngannou makes josh look thin and he can hit hard. Francis may be very difficult to put down.

Im a big fan of joshua, want him to do well. Think ring IQ matters here and can see josh tearing him apart in 8 rounds, in a much more impressive way than fury. Ref or corner stoppage.

Scrap of the night could be parker zhang. Really like zhang, proper tough. Thought he gave hrgovic loads of trouble and perhaps won that fight.  Beat joyce twice. Parker will be confident post wilder and has a great chin. Zhang in 10 for me.

Tyson vs Paul is Goat vs pisstaker tw@. Has lots of appeal. Think mike will approach this very differently to the respectful previous exhibition vs jones. Resurrect the beast :).  Look forward to the piss streaming down jake pauls leg just before the bell goes for round 1. 

Dont worry, be silly.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16254
    edited March 8
    Wot time is the AJ radio kick off? The actual fight that is

Tony is a likeable enough big fella but he has no heart or chin

Bigger guy would be doing AJ a favour by kickin' his ass, that way he can get out of the biz with his brains and bank balance intact cause there is no future in HWB for AJ
    tae be or not tae be
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15289
    tFB Trader
    Anthony Joshua v Francis Ngannou - Just nipped into my local for an early beer with a couple of mates - All the talk was on tonights fight - Pub will be showing it and probably the only pub in town showing it - £400 or thereabouts - That is a few extra beers to make it count - My gut feeling is that more will watch it in a pub/club, than at home - TBH I've just lost any interest in such fights today - maybe my age as I'll be tucked up in bed when they go head to head
    What a knockout punch by Greene in r1
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3236
    I've had some bets on the fight, only a tenner total, but adds a little spice, a pound on each

R1 - Ngannou 40/1
    R2 - Ngannou 40/1
    R3 - Ngannou 33/1
    R4 - Ngannou 33/1
    R5 - Ngannou 35/1

R9 - Joshua 20/1
    R10 - Joshua 30/1

plus £3 on Joshua to win on points @ 3/1

I think Ngannou will come out fast and aim to KO Joshua. If that doesn't happen he may well get picked off from Round 6 on, before the ref steps in at either Rounds 9 or 10.  Gut feel says Ngannou in R4 or AJ in Round 9.

AJ to dodge the big punches and win in Round 9, being well ahead on points.