Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Best Guitar You Bought 2021

What's Hot

Comments

• My favourite of the year is a recent one, Japanese Pink Paisley. Closely followed by my J Mascis Jazzmaster which is unbelievably good for the price. 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4507
    The best guitar I bought this year was this CS ‘63 Strat. I’ve already gone off it a bit and wish I’d bought a 00 sized acoustic instead so that’s good…,

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10590
    Lewy said:
    The best guitar I bought this year was this CS ‘63 Strat. I’ve already gone off it a bit and wish I’d bought a 00 sized acoustic instead so that’s good…,

What you gonna do with an acoustic? Play Oasis? That’s the ticket right there. ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    Nash Thinline Telecaster  <3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4507
    edited December 2021
    Lewy said:

What you gonna do with an acoustic? Play Oasis? That’s the ticket right there.
    Haha. Truthful answer to what I’d do with an acoustic is “gig”

For me, 2020 and 2021 were mostly characterised acquiring and then divesting large amounts of gear to equip me to do gigs I’m literally never going to do. Madness (thankfully I think I’m out the other side of it now).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bought one. Les paul tribute satin. It's actually really excellent, sounds the part and feels great. I really like the neck, it's a fat-ish round profile that is super comfy. Lovely guitar.

Likely to hit the classifieds when my les paul ish build from GSPBASSES is finished, as I only need one, but we'll see. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • After a few years of traditional style guitars, I felt the need for something more modern. I'd fancied an Ibanez AZ since they came out, but was not that keen on the colours. When I saw a premium in the new black flat colour on sale here, I jumped on it.
    It's an awesome guitar and ridiculously easy to play, the neck is perfect. The roasted maple looks gorgeous. Yes, I like it a lot!

• I too only bought one, but it cost a lot and it's been a very long time since I last bought a guitar!!

My beautiful D28. Sounds as great as it looks.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 945
    edited December 2021
    It is still only the 30th  -  not sure yet. 

**edited as, on reflection, that sounds smug and flippant.  With the timing of Christmas deliveries I do have one arriving tomorrow. I am genuinely hoping it is a keeper, but is a bit of a punt.
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1365
    edited December 2021
    Bought a few cheapos this year to get myself entartained with modding when kids are asleep. Some were good and some were not. 
    Then I got this 1960 tribute plus and realised there's nothing to change on it, probably the sweetest sounding lp I've ever played. 

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    Best buy this year was this Tele neck and body from Graham at GSPBasses in solid Rosewood (the body is chambered), quite heavy and silky smooth…..not yet happy with the pickups

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    After a few years of traditional style guitars, I felt the need for something more modern. I'd fancied an Ibanez AZ since they came out, but was not that keen on the colours. When I saw a premium in the new black flat colour on sale here, I jumped on it.
    It's an awesome guitar and ridiculously easy to play, the neck is perfect. The roasted maple looks gorgeous. Yes, I like it a lot!

Lovely. I want one of them at some point. 
  • BGGBGG Frets: 703
    Just in time for 2021, picked up a used Strandberg Boden 6 Standard today. Very nice and the neck is fantastic. 
    #thebatesmotelband
  • My epiphone 50s standard ,  stays in tune,plays nicely . Has a slight wobbly saddle that needs a drop of superglue or nail varnish . Cant hear any I’ll effect through amp . Beautiful guitar 

would sell it in a heartbeat though to go towards my Gibson fund 
    it has done me so well though it’s got hundreds of practice hours on it .
  • Forgot to upload these pics previously ... Spectrum is best result and Ibanez is best guitar.

https://imgur.com/a/O5dionr
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • T.AvonT.Avon Frets: 25
    edited December 2021
    This managed to come today and is very cool.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobeschismbobeschism Frets: 332
    edited December 2021
    This beauty - Gretsch 5410T Rat Rod in phantom metallic:

• mattacjonesmattacjones Frets: 528
    edited January 2022
    2018 r9. Really enjoying it.

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought two guitars in 2021. A Cort 7-string and controversially a Chapman Hybrid Pro. Both are good guitars. The latter is from WMI and has a great spec - Duncan pickups, hipshot locking tuners, roller bridge, rolled fretboard edge. I've had lots of fun with both - but perhaps riffing on the seven string has been the most fun. I struggle with the massive neck for lead, but for riffing it's a great guitar. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I don’t own a single guitar this new year that I owned at this point last year.

this year I have procured / traded for;

’91 Davies N4
    Suhr Modern Pro
    Feline Baretta 
    EVH Wolfgang
    a fully custom GSP Basses super strat 

my favourite is the Suhr