Denmark St Report - Epic Pedalage

What's Hot

Comments

• samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    All this MXR talk is giving me an idea which i shouldnt have...and MXR mini board...

Custom comp
    Super bad ass
    Fuzz
    phase 90
    Micro Chorus
    Carbon copy

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

@samzadgan

phase 90 has to be a script with that set-up, it's a little classier than a block (I have both) The script has a slightly brighter, slightly faster phase than the block logo.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17943
    tFB Trader
    samzadgan said:
    monquixote;328742" said:
    MXR are fast becoming my fav pedal brand. 

The only thing of theirs I don't really like is the Dyna Comp and always used to be what they were most known for.
    Dynacomp isn't great, but the custom comp is amazingly good.
    What's different about the Custom Comp. 

I had a Super Comp and found it was just incredibly picky. You had to fiddle with the knobs constantly or it sounded awful. 
    edited August 2014
    @mike_l

I have the script as well and its really nice. For this i would get the block just for a different sound.

Edit...what would be interesting is, if i do this, someone else do the exact replica using something like EHX pedals...and then do a shootout!
    monquixote;328798" said:
    samzadgan said:

monquixote;328742" said:MXR are fast becoming my fav pedal brand. 

The only thing of theirs I don't really like is the Dyna Comp and always used to be what they were most known for.

Dynacomp isn't great, but the custom comp is amazingly good.

What's different about the Custom Comp. 

I had a Super Comp and found it was just incredibly picky. You had to fiddle with the knobs constantly or it sounded awful. 
    The custom comp was really good and i set it once and never touched it again. It also has an internal pot for treble and attack which i adjusted once.

Its extremely quiet, quieter than some boutique pedals.

Ill put it this way....i tried a shit load of comps when i had the custom comp and nothing took it off my board. The last one i got was the analogman bicomp...the difference was almost not there...the only reason the analogman took over was because it had 2 comps in one.

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2411
    In that the Badass OD is based on the Green Rhino and the Carbon Copy on the Aqua Puss I wonder if it shares some DNA with the Fat Sandwich. 
    I'm not sure. :)) I thought the badass OD was more sd1-like (schematic-wise, I mean, I haven't tried any of those pedals), but don't quote me on that. Granted, the SD1 and TS (which I think the green rhino is based on) aren't exactly miles apart, and at a certain point it might be semantics if you're trying to claim a pedal is definitely based on one or the other :))
    tFB Trader
    Well they are both designed by Jorge Tripps have a 100Hz control and sound very similar so that's enough for me.
    tFB Trader
    I was reminded how much more liberal we are on this forum when I was doing some research on the Super Badass and discovered that some American forum members won't buy it because they consider it's name a cuss word :)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ LOL
    Well they are both designed by Jorge Tripps have a 100Hz control and sound very similar so that's enough for me.
    Yeah the actual tweaks are probably very similar as you said. I just meant the basic circuit. But as I said earlier, maybe it's splitting hairs anyway. :))
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited August 2014
    I've had a couple of goes on that massive pedal wall, it's great fun. Like the Tele as well, bit heavy though.

Westside is a great shop, with some awesome stock. Nice staff too.

And I've got a Carbon Copy, and a Green Rhino - both are  very good. The WH Ringworm is a laugh, did you try that?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1571
    Yet another fan of the carbon copy. Preferred it's tone to a diamond memory lane jr and TC flashback in a head to head.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    I was reminded how much more liberal we are on this forum when I was doing some research on the Super Badass and discovered that some American forum members won't buy it because they consider it's name a cuss word :)

P&Wers I'm guessing, who have weird attitudes to gear overall I notice though I don't understand why.
    ^ I'm not in praise and worship and even to me some of the more potential sex offenders' register colourful names are a bit much.

But badass is going a bit far.
  • Dave_Mc said:
    ^ I'm not in praise and worship and even to me some of the more potential sex offenders' register colourful names are a bit much.

But badass is going a bit far.
    Friedman amps. 

Makes me cringe.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2014
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-humour (well, maybe anyone who's read my attempts at jokes might disagree :D), but I don't want to have to explain to everyone who sees my guitar kit that I'm not a sex offender and/or a raging misogynist, that I just like the piece of kit and I didn't decide on the name.

Heck I have a bass big muff on the way and even that's a bit much.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited August 2014
    Dave_Mc said:
    Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I'm not anti-humour (well, maybe anyone who's read my attempts at jokes might disagree :D), but I don't want to have to explain to everyone who sees my guitar kit that I'm not a sex offender and/or a raging misogynist, that I just like the piece of kit and I didn't decide on the name.

Heck I have a bass big muff on the way and even that's a bit much.
    Oh grow up 007...

http://www.radiotimes.com/uploads/images/original/19670.jpg
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    :))
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Do you mean the peach fuzz?

I'm pretty liberal but the Cioks Pussy Power with the LED on the clitoris is cringe worthy...
  • jeztone2;331435" said:

I'm pretty liberal but the Cioks Pussy Power with the LED on the clitoris is cringe worthy...
    Yeah, it's like, that doesn't even make sense. Why call it that?

It just looks really tacky and unprofessional.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    jeztone2 said:

Bloody hell...is THAT where it is?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom