Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

FOO FIGHTERS "Sonic Highways"

What's Hot
OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
edited August 2014 in Music
OK, so, I'm pretty keen for this.

Yes the announcement of the impending arrival of Foo Fighters' new album is 'old news'
It is only 8 tracks... but I've read somewhere that if you preorder it from iTunes you'll get more exclusive tracks that are non-album tracks in the weeks and days leading up to the release! 

I have to admit, if what is in the trailer is music from the album, it's going to be a stellar piece of plastic to own which may supersede Wasting Light (and that pains me to even consider that possibility, because I absolutely love Wasting Light!) 
Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    I've not listened to Wasting Light nearly enough but it's an exceptional Album. This news is relevant to my interests. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6237
    I have a huge soft-spot for the Foo Fighters so I hope this vision of their's works as well as they  envisage.
    I wasn't sure about Wasting Light, I thought it paled in comparison to ESP&G  so here's hoping this new one's a goodun'.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • I properly can't wait for this. Not long now! :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ...still too long... haha I want to know when/where it will be on TV in Australia. 
    :P
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    Good news. Dave Grohl knows how to write safe, catchy singles. I'm a fan.
  • Deadman said:
    Good news. Dave Grohl knows how to write safe, catchy singles. I'm a fan.
    Is it available somewhere?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Not yet unfortunately. I take it my statement was a bit ambiguous! Patience young man ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really looking forward to this. Wasting Light is their best to date imo, I've always liked the singles but felt they never really cracked it with a whole album until WL.
  • Longtallronnie;370660" said:
    Really looking forward to this. Wasting Light is their best to date imo, I've always liked the singles but felt they never really cracked it with a whole album until WL.
    What did you think of In Your Honor? If you pretend disc 2 doesn't exist, it's actually a great album!
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8497
    Sonically it's pretty interesting - Sounds largely mono. I always enjoy the sound of Foo Fighters records, even if the songs aren't always that scintillating.
  • Why have they jammed part of holy diver randomly in the middle?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5595
    I like the single, but the end drags on too long.

TV series starts on Sunday BBC4. Episodes 1 and 2 are back to back.
  • Why have they jammed part of holy diver randomly in the middle?
    Because they can. Why else? 
    The intro is Skin and bones too, but it works I suppose!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    Why have they jammed part of holy diver randomly in the middle?
    Because they did this track in the studio where Holy Diver was recorded so they've thrown a little tribute in.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257 said:
    Why have they jammed part of holy diver randomly in the middle?
    Because they did this track in the studio where Holy Diver was recorded so they've thrown a little tribute in.
    I wondered the same thing but if that's true then I quite like that little nod. The song itself is interesting but I'm starting to find Dave Grohl's voice grating. Personal preference I guess.
    "As with all things, some days you're the dinosaur, some days you're the monkey." Sporky
  • daveyhdaveyh Frets: 691
    The keyboard is also rather Supersticious-ish and Rick Nielson from Cheap Trick appears in the video.
  • Nothing left to lose was the last time FF did anything worth listening too Taylor Hawkwind is not the right drummer for that band either
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nothing left to lose was the last time FF did anything worth listening too Taylor Hawkwind is not the right drummer for that band either
    Whaaaaaaaaaatttttttttttttttttt? What have you been smoking?!

I really like the song. The first episode of the show was interesting. I approve. The Holy Diver bit is cool. The solo is pretty neat (it's even cooler if you've seen episode 1). 

Keen for the rest.