Too late to correct.

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1316
    Emp_Fab said:
    Nucular.

It's everywhere.  Newsreaders, presidents, interviewers, interviewees, even bloody documentaries!
    The mispronunciation of mischievous is similarly irritating. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3824
    My mum thought the gobi desert was some kind of pudding. 

Gobi is the name for Cauliflower in some languages so it could be some sort of weird vegetable pudding. 

:) I'll let her know. 

I actually feel bad for laughing so much now. She's maybe not the brightest but she's a far better person than me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDL said:
    In keeping with the "too late to correct" aspect of this thread, when I was 18 I had to take the bus to my work every day for about a year.  I invariably saw the same woman waiting for another bus that came a short time later and before long our daily 10 minute conversations had covered sufficient topics that we knew quite a lot about each others' lives.  I do remember that she introduced herself fairly early on, but I am terrible at remembering names.  She remembered mine, and was one of those people that incorporated it into conversation frequently, for example "Well Bill, I was wondering the same".  I rarely use peoples' names when I'm talking with them and, for about 6 months I never really had the need to use her name during conversation until I was walking in the town with somebody on my day off and she called over to me by name.  I knew as she was walking over how embarrassing it would be trying to introduce somebody I had got to know for half a year without knowing her name, and it was cringeworthy.

Years ago, I worked with a guy who had the truly excellent name of Wayland Medlicott... in my mind though I got him confused with someone I'd met called Derek Wayland. Because I was in a different department to Wayland I didn't see him that often, but whenever I did I called him Derek. This literally went on for about two years :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11889
    "I was on a resourcing call in which a female executive in my company was reviewing  benched resources in an effort to figure out if they could be placed on billable work or would be exited from the organisation."

What does that mean?
    Sorry Chilli - I wrote it in work-mode!  We were deciding who to make redundant :-(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11889
    ^^ Now you know why I need to retire from my day-job :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom