Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Choose one of your current guitars as your "forever" : strict version (for fun)

What's Hot

Comments

• BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2594
    edited January 2022
    I'm honestly not sure I'd choose it if push came to shove, but I'll say my Gibson Les Paul Custom Axcess (special edition).  Teaburst with Les Paul Custom appointments:  gold hardware, triple binding, "diamond" inlay on the headstock, rectangular block inlays.  Probably my blingiest guitar, but not so it tips over into bad taste.

It's been modded with Bareknuckle Mules, 6100 fretwire and locking tuners. 

Looks like a Les Paul Custom from the front, but is under 8lbs (chambered) and has the Axcess advantages of easy access to the upper frets and coil splits on both pickups.  Takes an extremely low action with no buzz and probably the easiest to play guitar I own.  Probably the only Gibson I've owned where I think the QC clearly matches up to PRS etc.

Ironically it's had very little play in the several years I've owned it and never made it to a rehearsal or gig (so it's in near mint condition), but every time I pick it up it puts a smile on my face and I do think it's probably the best all-round guitar I own in terms of looks, playability, sound and versatility.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    Tbh if I could answer this I'd only have one electric. 

I suppose I'll choose my The Paul deluxe goldburst as it would be harder to replace than my strat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SvennnSvennn Frets: 146
    Sir, I detest your rules but I will abide. My DGT for its versatility and the fact I purchased it when my mother past away. I always refer to it as Mum's guitar.

9-42 thru 11-56 depending on my mood
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842

My Furch acoustic.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    CMW335 said:
    If this is electric guitars only then that’s easy for me as I only have one, a 1963 Tele

Tougher choice is between my 2 acoustics tbh 

Lovely looking piece of wood.

The misaligned strings at the bridge always bothers me with teles though.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    Gibson CS-336. I’ve had it almost 20 years and it’s the one guitar I wouldn’t hesitate to take with me for any gig, audition or session.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5448
    edited January 2022
    The one in the middle. 

Cole Clark Angel III, Huon Pine top, Silky Maple (Flindersia pimenteliana) back, sides and neck, ebony bridge and fingerboard. 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4184
    My PRS Special Wood Library is rapidly becoming my Forever Guitar, but who knows 

https://i.imgur.com/BAnVVQg.jpg
  • MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104
    edited January 2022
    My 58 Historic with Monty's PAF's. It makes all the sounds that have been in my head for years. There's no point looking for anything else, this is just so right. In fact, if I never played again I'd be happy and satisfied that this guitar had helped me realise the sounds that have always inspired me. 

Less is more
    0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12359
    axisus said:
    It's always an easy answer for me, my self built strat.

Properly stunning. 
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1368
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AK99AK99 Frets: 1578
    My old Strat plus, bought it new back n the day. Couldnt let it go now - that would be like an act of betrayal :(
    (Besides, it does really play beautifully)

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33797
    This one:

• Absolutely, without question...my green N4:

I mean...I love the others, but this is The One. Especially now it has the glorious Lace Sensor Red/Blue Dually in the bridge (not pictured, obviously). It's just a shame the original case gave up the ghost long ago.
    <space for hire>
    N4_1.jpg 130K
  • Definitely my Soloist. It's an Indonesian model so it wouldn't be worth selling anyway, plus it has my favourite pickup in it, the neck is sublime and with the HSS layout I can get any sound I need from it. Plus it looks cool af :)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• GuyRGuyR Frets: 1344
    CMW335 said:
    If this is electric guitars only then that’s easy for me as I only have one, a 1963 Tele

Tougher choice is between my 2 acoustics tbh 

Lovely looking piece of wood.

The misaligned strings at the bridge always bothers me with teles though.
    I think I could just about bring myself to live with that shocking defect.

I absolutely love the look of pre CBS fenders that have had the finish removed. The more worn the better. A shame (to me, YMMV) that so many are now refurbished with custom colour relic refinishes.

If I had to pick one of my own today, 65 Strat would be my forever guitar. 

Tomorrow I'm not sure about.
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4802
    My 99 Les Paul Standard, at one point I almost, almost, sold it..... Then I saw sense and wired it the same as the R8 I had, realising that all along it was the better guitar. 

It will never go anywhere now...

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    edited January 2022
    The blue one.  If I had to sell everything else, I can probably replace everything else, I cannot replace the PRS.

I have no sentimental attachments with them, none are gifts.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That's an easy one to answer, my 1997 Squier Affinity strat I got in 1998 when I was a young teen learning to play the instrument. Nearly 3 years ago I had it upgraded so much the only original parts is the wood. I changed the tuners, the nut, the electronics, put a steel trem block in and changed it a HSS configuration (2 x Oil City single coils in the neck and middle and a JB humbucker in the bridge). The electrics were modded so I could coil split the bridge and whilst on the pickup I could also bring in the neck at the same time. 

It's the first guitar I ever got and I still use it today. It can give me almost any sound I need and is great to play. I've had it almost 25 years and I hope to keep it for another 25. It's the guitar I'm never going to sell, or will rescue if the house was on fire.