Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Choose one of your current guitars as your "forever" : strict version (for fun)

What's Hot

Comments

• Mine would be my thinline telecaster. It's a partscaster from GSPBASSES that corvus set up, and it's just fantastic. Sounds great - like a tele on steroids. Plays super slick with a set of 11s tuned to standard and covers most genres. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    This week’s keeper is this fantastic Esquire+ from Corvus, simply stunning instrument. Might get the odd tweak (I’ve recently fallen for the ease of locking tuners), but otherwise it is hard to better. 

I was sooooo close to buying this guitar.
  • bodhibodhi Frets: 1334
    For me still my Les Paul Trad Faded:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3228
    bodhi said:
    This week’s keeper is this fantastic Esquire+ from Corvus, simply stunning instrument. Might get the odd tweak (I’ve recently fallen for the ease of locking tuners), but otherwise it is hard to better. 

I was sooooo close to buying this guitar.
    It is a stunner, incredibly well built and plays superbly. I am back to teles after an almost decade long hiatus, I’ve even had to stop myself pulling the trigger on another to partner it! 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7174
    edited January 2022
    Sentiment says my 62 Jaguar… but actually, push come to shove, I’d say my custom shop broadcaster. It’s phenomenal, and I love it… and there’s very little it can’t do. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 849
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    36 yo Westone Spectrum DX ... lovingly brought back to life by me last year after its 20+ years in a farm outbuilding ... it was semi-pro gigged heavily for 10 years or so ... it's my first ever Strat-style guitar and it's a class MIJ example.
    Just couldn't and won't be without it now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Player telecaster. Was a birthday present for my 21st, I play it every day. The sentimental value of it is too great to not pick it.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7497
    Impressed that that vast majority of us stayed with the "name just 1" :-) 

I'm actually surprised that it doesn't look like mostly posh Strats and Teles - a real mix - very cool. 
    And nice to see a couple of other DGTs too - makes me feel less self conscious about favouring a dentist guitar over my... oops nearly broke my one rule 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 247
    My 2021 silversky I've owned many fender customshops and bought this as a stop gap tbh.  But it's such a great guitar it won't be going anywhere.  Plus such a beauty in my eyes.

• p90foolp90fool Frets: 31630
    This one, in all its incarnations;

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd say without a doubt my EVH Wolfgang. Not expensive or even remotely high end, but perfect for me. 

https://imgur.com/a/EqDNwZ0
    I've stumbled upon this docu by accident ... it's completely engrossing and has led me to ask this question as a natural extension of the thread:

What are top-notch pro-guitarists favourite guitars?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Keefy said:
    My 1985 Squier Tele. I’ve owned it for 34 years already, which is a fair start towards ‘forever’.
    Same here. My ‘88 (I think, it’s been a long time) Squier Tele was my first and even now my only guitar I’ve bought new. It still looks and sounds great, and it seems unlikely that I’ll be able to add 34 years of mojo to anything I buy today.
    I'll get a round to buying a 'real' guitar one day.
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 367
    Think it would be my ES-335, although I probably play my strat more. It’s a 2014 custom shop ‘63 thing. Bought it from World Guitars (their photo) the week my daughter was born. 

• DoctorX said:
    Think it would be my ES-335, although I probably play my strat more. It’s a 2014 custom shop ‘63 thing. Bought it from World Guitars (their photo) the week my daughter was born. 

That's a beauty. Love a sunburst ES !! 
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    Some lovely guitars on this thread, a really interesting mix!

Never say never and all that but I can't see myself selling this. It's a 2011 Gordon-Smith GS2/60, for which I chose the options and have owned since new. This photo is a few years old - it now has Oil City P90s in it, which suit the guitar better, imo.

https://i.imgur.com/Mx0gS9G.jpg

@stufisher I had the Westone Spectrum MX (in electric blue) as my first electric and I wish I hadn't given it away to my brother-in-law - although he still has it so at least I get to play it every now and then. Great guitars.
    ... and another