Most beautiful guitar body design of all time? Let’s see some SGs

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2973
    p90fool said:
    @Bigsby I love those, but then I take a perverse pleasure in unloved models. Sometimes I feel like I've been staring at the same four guitars in the correct classic formats for 50 years, bring on the 70s mutants! 
    I'm 100% with you on the last bit - in fact I have an 'SG mutant' under construction right now.... :)

But I'd rather one of the 80s HSS pointy headstock'd SG than those uncarved 70s versions with the parts bin scratch plates.

Sadly I can't remember the model name and so no pointy headstock SG pics! Never mind, here's another 70s treat for you:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23795
    Bigsby said:
    But I'd rather one of the 80s HSS pointy headstock'd SG than those uncarved 70s versions with the parts bin scratch plates.

SG90 maybe?  No pointy headstocks, but I can't remember any SGs with pointy headstocks.

gibson sg 90  OFF-56
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigsbyBigsby Frets: 2973
    Philly_Q said:
    Bigsby said:

SG90 maybe?  No pointy headstocks, but I can't remember any SGs with pointy headstocks.

gibson sg 90  OFF-56
    Nope. They had some cool colours and I love the split diamond inlays. Less so the MoTS scratch plates. They're from a bit later, and not really intended to compete head on with the 80s super-Strat.

I saw one of the pointy headstock HSS SGs on Ebay about 10 years ago. It was in good condition but 'a bit pricey for some 80s tat' as I thought at the time. Wish I'd bought it now... Tony Bacon's SG book has a photo of a pink HSS SG with a locking trem, but it has the regular 3-a-side headstock; I think it was an earlier model. It's also a long time since I saw one of those for sale.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12724
    Matt_McG said:
    I've never owned an SG, but I've watched this vid a few times and the sound is so great (both the Debussy and the Radiohead sections).

In terms of looks, faded Inverness Green, Pelham blue or cherry.

Boom. That video sums up why I love SGs. Those clean sounds…
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JoeMcJoeMc Frets: 52
    edited April 2022
    https://imgur.com/a/EE8hIrp 

My newly acquired Greco SG..!

My first ‘proper’ guitar was a Vintage brand SG when I was a teenager, which is now long gone.. so thought I’d pick up another 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JotaJota Frets: 465