The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3094
    Dashworth is at Newcastle now iirc but can't officially start until Nov due to disagreement over Brighton's compo deal. I dare say they've started behind the scenes. Roy and Dan leaving was the start of our decline imo - Darth Tony papered over the cracks but it's all come home to roost now of course.
    I like Dan Burn, but he wouldn't get a game for Brighton now. Cucurella is a much better option at LWB or on the left of a back three. 

And as we've just beaten Arsenal, Spurs and Wolves away, then hammered Man U 4-0, I can live with the cracks being papered over.  ;)
    Mr Mudslide was on about "the other Albion" there, West Brom, rather than Brighton. At one point we had Dan Ashworth and Roy Hodgson in charge and were doing very well, they both left for England and then we fell apart. Darth Pulis keeping us just afloat enough to not go down until we all got bored to death and got rid of him.

Although interesting your cross-purposes has led to some interesting discussion about Brighton - hopefully the losses don't cause it all to ground to a halt
    Sorry, you're right. I was on about the Baggies, not the Seagulls.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23161
    Everyone looking forward to Aston Villa 0-8 Liverpool this evening?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14440
    edited May 2022 tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Everyone looking forward to Aston Villa 0-8 Liverpool this evening?
    I think as far as LFC are concerned they are hoping that Stevie Gee and Coutinho will do them a big favour v City - Gerrard could not win them the title whilst he was playing for LFC - But can he now win them the title in a different way

LFC need goals as well to close down the goal difference that is currently in City's favour
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11359
    ... and the Spurs go marching on... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1747
    scrumhalf said:
    And then they'll probably go and lose against Norwich. So unpredictable.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27709
    ronnyb said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Burnley could be a toughie
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    up the arse..................................  =)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1686
    TTony said:
    ronnyb said:
    scrumhalf said:
    Burnley could be a toughie

they have been a pain in the arse a couple of times over recent years..

I was at turf moor this season.. grim day out...   but Feb 2019 sticks in mind as they turning point of our season.. win the game and we go top (iirc) but the loss knocked us for six and we began to slide away from title challenging position..

I'm going to the new ground this weekend.. looking forward to it.. it looks (and sounds) awesome on the TV
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    edited May 2022
    crikey,  just seen that "elbow"  on Son............................ wow that would've been bad in a rugby match.

Arteta needs some very sweet sugar for those grapes
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7239
    bertie said:
    crikey,  just seen that "elbow"  on Son............................ wow that would've been bad in a rugby match.

Holding doesn’t seem anywhere near the standard required for a team like arsenal and I think he knows it  , I don’t think he’d get into the palace side let alone a team pushing for the champions league 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14440
    tFB Trader
    What ever hope Leeds have left of staying up, the fact that Spurs beat Arsenal helps - Both Spurs and Arsenal will be wanting to collect max points when they play Everton and Burnley - The interest/fight continues at both ends of the table

Liverpool are going to Paris, Derby to Portsmouth and looks like we will be heading to Preston 

I think Everton will be fine now - So a potential straight shoot out between Burnley and Leeds IMO
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2230
    edited May 2022
    bertie said:

Arteta clearly told Holding to target Son and he got it way wrong. I called it to my mate who’s an Arsenal fan, that Holding was going to get a Red, from the first 2 minutes. Such an old skool way of dealing with a threat. I actually think Tottenham wouldn’t have got the pen if it wasn’t so obvious they were targeting Son in the game. 

Son is so underrated. Everyone talks about Salah, but he’s only scored 15 goals in open play this season, playing for Liverpool and Son has scored 21 playing for Tottenham. I hope Son gets Golden boot, he deserves it. Salah thinking he’s a Ballondor contender is laughable after the shocking performance he’s had since Feb. Mane deserves it before him! 

Anyway when Benzema puts 3 past Liverpool in Paris, it won’t even be up for discussion. 
    Son was targeted by Liverpool (Fabinho tried to decapitate him) and now Woolwich have had a go. If Romero had been playing he might have looked to get a bit of retribution but we'll just settle for the three points.

And Arteta's infantile display in interviews just heaps more sweetness into the mix. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1095
    Holding should have been smarter in marking Son, its not like he's a fresh faced youngster breaking through for the first time. With Gabriel going off injured with what looks like a hamstring strain it looks like a centre back pairing of White - Tomiyasu on Monday vs Newcastle. Just need to win that and the final game vs Everton and we'll be alright. Out of all games to go wrong though it was the NLD.
    scrumhalf said:
    Son was targeted by Liverpool (Fabinho tried to decapitate him) and now Woolwich have had a go. If Romero had been playing he might have looked to get a bit of retribution but we'll just settle for the three points.

And Arteta's infantile display in interviews just heaps more sweetness into the mix. 
    I don’t understand when I watch Liverpool, why Fabinho isn’t booked more often. He is constantly fouling, in very cynical and obvious ways. I can only think the refs are worried about impacting the top teams, as at the level currently being played, one red card could change a whole season. 

Another thing I’ve notice that Liverpool players tend to do, which I’m starting to wonder if it’s a tactic, is push players instead of tackling. Again the refs never seem to deem it a yellow card offence when someone is pushed, but it breaks up the play in the same way a cynical tackle would.  
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 1988
    I'd just like to say good luck Chelsea even though I can't stand you. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Devil#20 said:
    Me too! 

I can’t stand Liverpool’s arrogance anymore. I really hope they end up with just the Worthingtonless Cup, like their good old days.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23161
    Barnezy said:
    Devil#20 said:
    Me too! 

I can’t stand Liverpool’s arrogance anymore. I really hope they end up with just the Worthingtonless Cup, like their good old days.
    Is it Liverpool, or is it just Klopp?  I think he's quite a nasty piece of work when things don't go his way.  And somehow it's more noticeable now that he doesn't wear glasses.
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9891
    A happier note to end the season for West Brom tonight, despite the shite that the senior team has put out this season our under 23s managed to beat the Dingles on penalties in the PL Cup final. Despite Wolves being seemingly the better bunch of players, we do seem to always do well against them.

Such a shame that any of the players who are any good will likely leave for the Villa, Palace, or Chelsea - either before they've had any chance in the first team, or when they get heads bigger than their ability and go somewhere else
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    Klopp's sense of entitlement (he throws his toys out of the pram if opponents set up to not allow his team to walk the ball into the net) makes me want Chelsea to lose less, which makes me feel slightly dirty.

The Cup Final used to be the last game of the domestic season, followed by the Home Internationals, but now it seems like just another game. The Cup Final is no longer the Cup Final. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom