The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    I found all-red and all-yellow kits very jarring to watch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Not really a fan of one colour kits, generally..
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10284
    Barnezy said:
    West Ham are all but nailed on for at least the conference league now. A few weeks ago I was like, nah I'd rather not have it. But then my brother reminded me that we were fighting relegation two years ago, and he's right. Who am I to turn my nose up at European football of any type?

If Man UTD lose or draw to Palace tomorrow we need 3 or 4 points from our final two games to get into the Europa League, and we want it again. I can see Man UTD not beating Palace, and I can see us drawing with City. And, I can see us beating them. We've already beaten them this season and we beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Sevilla, Lyon. We can do it. 
    Think you’ll be lucky to beat City at the moment, their football is on an entirely different level at the moment and they are playing for the PL remember. If they win against you, it is as good as done. The one think that might swing it, is they have a lot of injuries in central defence at the moment. 

West Ham have done really well. Just hope you can keep it going when Rice and Bowen leave. 
    Yea it could be a difficult game for us. 

It is Mark Nobles last game though, so the emotions could be high. 

I don't know what's going on with the board and Rice. The board have made some ridiculous offers, like an 8 year deal. It almost seems like they're doing it to make it look like they're making a serious offer without making one to save face. And you have to expect that he'll leave and if he wants to he should be allowed to. I'd be happy with £100m if we sell him but we need all of that reinvested, and our reinvestment is generally poor and our transfer acquisitions are very, very hit and miss. 
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    I wondered if chelsea’s yellow kit was an expression of support for Ukraine, now that they’re no longer dependent on Russian money of shady origin?
    Klopp has built an incredible team, the best Liverpool team and one of the best world teams, and all without dodgy oil money. A fantastic time to be a Red
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    BlueStrat said:
    I wondered if chelsea’s yellow kit was an expression of support for Ukraine, now that they’re no longer dependent on Russian money of shady origin?
    Klopp has built an incredible team, the best Liverpool team and one of the best world teams, and all without dodgy oil money. A fantastic time to be a Red
    It's just a superstition thing. They won the cup with that kit before, won some games in this competition with it so they're just sticking with it out of some silly hocus pocus belief. 

Didn't work, did it. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27709
    It's just a superstition thing. They won the cup with that kit before, won some games in this competition with it so they're just sticking with it out of some silly hocus pocus belief. 

I think I heard on the commentary that it was the 6th cup final that Mason Mount had played in, and the 6th losers medal he collected.

If you want to be superstitious, I think not putting him in the team might be luckier than playing in yellow!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TTony said:
    ronnyb said:
    scrumhalf said:
    ... and the Spurs go marching on... 
    And then they'll probably go and lose against Norwich. So unpredictable.
    Burnley could be a toughie
    And it was!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    TTony said:
    TTony said:
    ronnyb said:
    scrumhalf said:
    ... and the Spurs go marching on... 
    And then they'll probably go and lose against Norwich. So unpredictable.
    Burnley could be a toughie
    And it was!
    a win, as they say,  is a win.............................  and a mighty relieved one at that 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    @Barnezy 2-0 at half time mate. :) 
    2-2. The referee absolutely ruined us. Worst referring display I've seen in a long time. Soft free kicks, soft penalty, refused to give anything for blatant foils against us. Glad we got the draw but we were robbed. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    come on the 'toon 

(not an instruction BTW)
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Come on Luton! Playoff semi-pt 2 tonight. Home match was 1-1 vs Huddersfield.

I don't expect us to win but one can dream ....
    edited May 2022
    bertie said:
    come on the 'toon 

Arteta said that Arsenal should have had at least 3 penalties, that Newcastle's third goal was clearly offside, and that it's completely unfair to expect his players - who are really really  really tired - to have to travel all the way to Newcastle for a football match on a Monday evening when there's so much to watch on tele.

[edit]
    Sorry, apparently, that press release was embargoed until later this evening.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarnezyBarnezy Frets: 2230
    @Barnezy 2-0 at half time mate. :) 
    Yes it was ;) 
    I only usually get this nervous watching Spurs playing.

1-0 to the Toon .....
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    Oh well, we might get awarded a dodgy, soft penalty.
    There's been a couple of those handed out recently.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1095
    Got 15 minutes to score 2 goals. Not looking likely we'll score one let alone two. Typical of us to blow it right at the end.
    Typical of us to blow it right at the end.
    To be fair, you’re only getting the chance to be Spursy because of the points we dropped vs Brighton & Brentford ...
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1095
    TTony said:
    Typical of us to blow it right at the end.
    To be fair, you’re only getting the chance to be Spursy because of the points we dropped vs Brighton & Brentford ...
    Just makes me think had we not lost to Brighton, Southampton and Crystal Palace we wouldn't be in this position!
    Arteta’s post-match should be interesting ...