The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14699
    tFB Trader
    Off now to watch the F1 race, then somehow watch the match, probably hiding behind the sofa as it could well be a bad horror show - I've resigned myself to relegation and a return to the EFL - I've got my membership tickets for next season regardless

I know there will be no good luck messages - And most will be glad to see us go down - But that never worries me and I'm glad I support the lads in white and have done so thru' all terrains and all weather 

At the other end I'll be hoping LFC can somehow snatch it and then to see the smile on Stevie G's face 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Nothing personal, G4Y  ;)
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10385
    Hoping Palace draw at the least with UTD and West Ham beat Brighton so we get back into the Europa. Would be an amazing end to the season, but I'm happy with the Conference, honestly. I am. No really. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1117
    Supporting Norwich until 5.45pm today. I don't think they'll beat Tottenham though sadly, but if we can just sign off the season with a good win and regroup for next season that's all we can do really. Some players may be playing their last game for us too (Laca, Nketiah and Elneny).

As for the title its City's to lose but I don't mind Liverpool so would like to see them snatch it. Haven't had last day drama since that Agueroooooo moment a decade ago I think, or maybe there was one before that.

I think Leeds will go down, they've been rubbish all season. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7314
    Hoping Palace draw at the least with UTD and West Ham beat Brighton so we get back into the Europa. Would be an amazing end to the season, but I'm happy with the Conference, honestly. I am. No really. 
    I fancy Palace today - Vieira was fuming after we threw away the lead against Everton and  I think we will get the reaction today.
  • danodano Frets: 1610
    edited May 2022
    Popped into Liverpool City centre to have a couple of beers and watch todays match. Got here at 2.30pm, absolutely heaving. Looks like a lot of guys and girls started at 11am today 
    I want Liverpool to do it out of them two.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3111
    Up the Wolves. (Not expecting much tbh, hoping they show up I suppose, but the beach called a few weeks back). 
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    What absolute drama in the first half.

WEST HAM CURRENTLY 6TH!!!
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16337
    I thought Wolves would be losing 5-0 by now and fair play to the Villa for making things interesting. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27874
    There’s a fun first half.

Id still bet on Burnley surviving.

Cant see Spurs blowing it now, so Yay, back to the Champions League!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7314
    edited May 2022
    Will be amazing if the scousers pinch it on the last day . Not a fan of pep or the way city play tbh

Great manager of course but petulant and always has a tantrum in him
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7191
    Will be amazing if the scousers pinch it on the last day 
    Everton?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    Will be amazing if the scousers pinch it on the last day 
    Everton?
    Looking forward to the pitch invasion.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    If I can not think about all other implications, I would LOVE Liverpool to mug City on the last day. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11411
    Spurs 4th.

Wouldn't have imagind that was possible under the worst of Nuno-ball.
    West Ham just cannot beat Brighton!!! Palace done the job against Man UTD and it was in our hands and we just bottled it for the Europa League. But 7th is a great position in what was a long, hard season travelling all over Europe with a small squad, and we've got it again next year. It's amazing.

The City/Liverpool drama was mad.
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1770
    City celebration and another pitch invasion.

Some middle aged overweight lady falling over, then 10yo girl climbing on goalpost (broken at this time already) whilst proud daddy is taking pics for insta.
    Just stupid - sport full of fucking idiots. 

I'm sorry - I like my football too, I go to my local team games every now and then - but tribalism and behaviour of majority of the fans is just so off-putting.

Congrats to City - crazy game.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7191
    Brother told me Everton should have had a blatant pen against man city when they played them. I wonder if it would have all played out differently if so.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28354
    tony99 said:
    Brother told me Everton should have had a blatant pen against man city when they played them. I wonder if it would have all played out differently if so.
    The season is full of rubbish, game changing poor decisions, however, every team has an ENTIRE season to accumulate points. There can be no tears over the odd mugging.

For any neutral it was an amazing end to the season. Unfortunately City winning is not necessarily good for the league - same team winning 4 out of the last 5 seasons. It's not a disaster, Man U have done that in the prem three times before, however, it looks like City could be even better next season with Haarland, if they win 7 out of 8, or even more then that isn't good at all.