The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    Surely an OG - easy catch for the keeper without the deflection 
    Defo an own goal. Scotland’s high line makes opportunities for Switzerland to score
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3237
    edited June 19
    Well done Scotland. Went for the win and came away with a draw. Good positive performance and can still qualify if they beat Hungary. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7406
    Well done Scotland for not getting beat.

Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15379
    tFB Trader
    Think they will need to beat Hungary to qualify as a 3rd best team - Don’t see 2 points enough- Better performance tonight with more character shown 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12857
    Think they will need to beat Hungary to qualify as a 3rd best team - Don’t see 2 points enough- Better performance tonight with more character shown 
    I fancy them to beat Hungary. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13365
    McTominay showing yet again why he's wasted at Man Utd. Great performance. Him, Robertson, and Gilmour absolutely ran the show from a Scotland perspective. Hopefully we don't miss Tierney too much on Sunday. 

Decent result against a team who have consistently made knockout stages for as long as I can remember. Could possibly even have won it but the Swiss would say the same. 

Scotland consistently exposed at right back but there's nobody fit who could realistically do a better job. 

Still not convinced by Clarke, only giving Shankland a few minutes seems far too conservative to me and after tonight failing to start Gilmour on Friday is event more inexcusable. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ewalewal Frets: 2817
    I agree. Clarke appears to get players to play for him, but not convinced he gets the most out them. That game was crying out for changes earlier in second half.

We played for the draw, and I reckon we'll regret it...
    Scotland could well finish 2nd in their group but would need a 2-0 win against Hungary and rely on Germany beating the Swiss 4-0.

Must go for it against the Hungarians and get the GD to -1 if they can.

Today

Slovenia 2 Slovakia (Sesko 2, Mitrovic 2)

Both sides need to win really so I think both will be positive and hopefully another great end to end game. Could come down to who is the most clinical.

England 1 Denmark 1

Another early England lead with Denmark getting their chances 2nd half as England sit back. Kane penalty, Eriksen free kick. England kill the game, happy enough with the draw.

Italy 1 Spain 1

Both have the ability to make this a cracking game but might just cancel each other out and be happy with the draw. 
    Shrews said:
    Scotland could well finish 2nd in their group but would need a 2-0 win against Hungary and rely on Germany beating the Swiss 4-0.

Must go for it against the Hungarians and get the GD to -1 if they can.

Today

Slovenia 2 Slovakia (Sesko 2, Mitrovic 2)

Both sides need to win really so I think both will be positive and hopefully another great end to end game. Could come down to who is the most clinical.

England 1 Denmark 1

Another early England lead with Denmark getting their chances 2nd half as England sit back. Kane penalty, Eriksen free kick. England kill the game, happy enough with the draw.

Italy 1 Spain 1

Both have the ability to make this a cracking game but might just cancel each other out and be happy with the draw. 
    I think 2-1 Serbia and 1-1 England v Denmark.

Spain to beat Italy, 2-0.
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1163
    Tierney 
    great player 
    made of poppadums 
    Starting to realise why Arteta loaned him out lol. But he can do the inverted full-back thing as well as Zinny anyway.
    Unchanged side. I think no matter what the result there will be changes for the Slovenia game. A win tonight and he can experiment a little, lose or draw and he may feel he needs to make changes.

I really don't want us to sit back if we go one up, would like to see us enjoy ourselves.

Think this will be a tough game though and might do us good to have to really fight for something out of the game. 
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Why do England consistently stop playing after they score. It happens every time, it must be a conscious decision.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1851
    Why do England consistently stop playing after they score. It happens every time, it must be a conscious decision.
    Overly confident.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1776
    its psychology. Chalk and cheese to last nights warrior performance by scotland. Happens time and time again. A sense of entitlement and better than others. 
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7406
    Bit inconvenient having the game at teatime instead of the 8 pm kick off. Still, am having curry and declan in honour of this "Platinum Generation"

Up the 'gland!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    swiller said:
    its psychology. Chalk and cheese to last nights warrior performance by scotland. Happens time and time again. A sense of entitlement and better than others. 
    I don’t think it’s arrogance it’s an overly safety first negative attitude. Cocky teams don’t keep dropping deep.  
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1431
    Overly confident.
    I would say the exact opposite.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28422
    45mins of shite.  

If England played with half, quarter, of the passion, energy and ambition of Scotland, they’d be so much better.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Southgate

It's not the Dutch 'Total Football' of the Cruyff era but Southgate's brand of 'Total Boredom' football. 

Bore them into submission! 

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 4153
    Absolute shite. Thank you to Kristiansen for falling asleep.