The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    edited June 18
    Gassage said:
    I disagree France were unimpressive- they just failed to convert the chances they created.  
    Hence why they didn't impress. It's not impressive to miss all your chances  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    edited June 18
    Gassage said:
    I disagree France were unimpressive- they just failed to convert the chances they created.  
    Hence why they didn't impress. It's not impressive to miss all your chances  
    Yep,, this isnt Rugby where you get rewarded for having a try 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1239
    S56035 said:

Was surprised to see a decision being called by snickometer type technology, I didn’t know it was being used.
    Not sure it made the call, technically it must have made some contact but he certainly didn’t control it with his hand.
    I suppose the new technology introduces new scenarios and interpretations of the rules.

At least it was quick.
    I thought that was weird too.  How can it isolate all the other noise?  At least with cricket it's always going to be used in the same place, a football version has to cover the whole pitch.

Also pointless in this case as the replay clearly shows it hit's his hand.

I suspect the "mic" is in the ball.. and in this case it was void of contact thus silent until the hand contact.
    Didn't think of that, and makes much more sense than there being thousand of mics around the pitch :-)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    I’ve decided, instead of 3 pts for a win and none for a loss : it should be that if only 1 goal in it, it should be 2pts for the win and 1pt for the loss
    (I might make draws 1.5pts then too)
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3159
    Turkey v Georgia

Great first half entertainment! 
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1413
    'mon the turks!!
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14753
    tFB Trader
    I had to pick a 'less fancied' team to make the knockout stages - Wasn't sure who to pick but somehow I had 'Georgia on my mind'
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12545
    Best game so far. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1413
    edited June 18
    What a superb classic game and ending.
    Turkey look like they could do very well with the young lad (8) who scored a peach of a goal from real m.. cba to look up his name.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4378
    munckee said:
    Best game so far. 
    Yeah that was a great match

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    edited June 18
    "I'll opt for the corn rows, thanks".
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    Wonder what' CR7 says before he wellies that free kick..
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    tony99 said:
    Wonder what' CR7 says before he wellies that free kick..
    Probably "F*** of Fernandes, lil b*tch".
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5022
    Nice to see players play the ball forward and try to win the game rather than always playing safe with the intention of not losing the match. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Placidcasual79Placidcasual79 Frets: 997
    swiller said:
    What a superb classic game and ending.
    Turkey look like they could do very well with the young lad (8) who scored a peach of a goal from real m.. cba to look up his name.

Arda Guler...... just finished his first season at Real Madrid after moving from Fenerbahce. Well worth a look at one of his highlight compilations on YT..... a talented chap.

I have to confess that I really struggle to watch Ronaldo play. The petulance, the egotism - we're all supposed to admire his winning mentality and relentless pursuit of excellence but it in reality I just think c*nt..... surely having a player like that in your team/squad is bad for morale? 

He is the king of cringe 
    edited June 19 tFB Trader

I have to confess that I really struggle to watch Ronaldo play. The petulance, the egotism - we're all supposed to admire his winning mentality and relentless pursuit of excellence but it in reality I just think c*nt..... surely having a player like that in your team/squad is bad for morale? 

He is the king of cringe 
    I love Portugal - Had more holidays there than anywhere else - But I can think of 2 good reasons why I wanted them to loose last night - Many great teams have no ego in them - Real Madrid in recent years but that will change next year - The All Blacks - The Springboks - The Leeds Rhino's during their years with Burrow and Sinfield - Man City - But Portugal have 2 big ego's and agree with your comments above about CR7 - Yes he has been a superb footballer but he sure let's you know about it, especially on the pitch - He currently divides opinion back home about should he be there

A few times last night you could see him gesticulating at his own team mates if the pass did not come his way - Whatever you could admire about him in the past has now gone IMO

To be fair the other big ego in the team didn't show it last night and had a good game
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27953
    Rocker said:
    Nice to see players play the ball forward and try to win the game rather than always playing safe with the intention of not losing the match. 
    Which I why I fear England will - once again - fail to meet our expectations or reach the potential of the individual players in the team.

Just about all games I've watched have teams playing more aggressive, inventive, attacking, entertaining football to the extent that I'd worry about facing them with a half-fit Stones, Guehi, Trippier and Walker (sprinting around trying to cover for the other 3).

Pretty much everyone else has played with more passion, pace, belief and ambition.  There seems to be stats on all aspects of games nowadays.  I'd like to see comparative stats on number of backwards/sideways passes ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Rocker said:
    Which I why I fear England will - once again - fail to meet our expectations or reach the potential of the individual players in the team.

Just about all games I've watched have teams playing more aggressive, inventive, attacking, entertaining football to the extent that I'd worry about facing them with a half-fit Stones, Guehi, Trippier and Walker (sprinting around trying to cover for the other 3).

Pretty much everyone else has played with more passion, pace, belief and ambition.  There seems to be stats on all aspects of games nowadays.  I'd like to see comparative stats on number of backwards/sideways passes ...
    You forget the times when we had the finest footballer, ever, in the world, for passing the ball sideways - Butch Wilkins - What he could not do with a simple 3-5 yard square pass wasn't worth talking about 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    Honestly we need to give Wharton a go - the lad is calm is can be and always seems to have time on the ball. Very rarely loses it and nearly always picks the right pass.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3159
    Honestly we need to give Wharton a go - the lad is calm is can be and always seems to have time on the ball. Very rarely loses it and nearly always picks the right pass.
    Worth adding "for his club" to the above point I think.