The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    That tunnel is weird (fake coal mine if you didn’t see). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1123
    Came in a bit late so missed Bellingham's goal, but he's glided around the pitch well and Saka has had the beating of the left-back everytime. Weird to see him skipping past full-backs as when he was playing for Arsenal they double up and he has to play it back or inside.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14750
    tFB Trader
    Good so far - But need to finish it off
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2036
    Incredible input from Kane
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7215
    Kane couldn't hit a cow's banjo with his arse!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9707
    To be fair, I think Serbia deserve the draw.
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7330
    Felt like a typical disappointing england performance - loads of hype then lots of half paced possession. Thank god for Bellingham 
  • LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1123
    edited June 16
    Just about got the job done but need to improve in the other 2 games. No outball when they win the ball back under pressure, Gary Neville talked about this on Monday Night Football a few years ago, hard for the team to get out of their defensive shape into their attacking positions. Sloppy play gave the ball away once they won it back. Serbia improved second half and could have levelled it up.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3159
    1-0 nice start, but it's just soooooo boring.

Pickford had a good game.

Same story in the next two games I guess. 
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 964
    Well that was all very……England  :/

I’d like to know that stats on how many times Kane goes to ground during a game

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Bit nervy but I'll take it! 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2853
    It's a stressful as watching West Han
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    sev112 said:
    It's a stressful as watching West Han
    Fortune's always hiding, mate. 
    tFB Trader
    Got there in the end - Thought Bowen and Gallagher did a decent cameo at the end - But not an ideal 2nd half performance - No control of the midfield at all 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12542
    Got there in the end - Thought Bowen and Gallagher did a decent cameo at the end - But not an ideal 2nd half performance - No control of the midfield at all 
    Yep we’ve talked about how great we are in midfield and attack, defence and keeper were good we just lost control of the middle of the pitch. 

As they always say result is most important  thing but I don’t think we have the beating of France, Spain or Germany. 
    tFB Trader
    munckee said:
    Yep we’ve talked about how great we are in midfield and attack, defence and keeper were good we just lost control of the middle of the pitch. 

As they always say result is most important  thing but I don’t think we have the beating of France, Spain or Germany. 
    The start of the 2nd half and Serbia came out with more tempo and we appeared to want to match that - Yet sometimes it is better to sit back, keep the ball between the back 4 and holding midfield players - Take the pace out the game and control the ball on our terms - We never looked like controlling the ball/midfield in the 2nd half - Not a shortage of energy as such, but a lack of guile 
    munckee said:

The start of the 2nd half and Serbia came out with more tempo and we appeared to want to match that - Yet sometimes it is better to sit back, keep the ball between the back 4 and holding midfield players - Take the pace out the game and control the ball on our terms - We never looked like controlling the ball/midfield in the 2nd half - Not a shortage of energy as such, but a lack of guile 
    I can’t stand all that sideways passing keep the ball stuff . Look at the way Spain played a few days ago - get men out wide , stretch the pitch and hit long passes if that’s appropriate whilst playing with a lot of energy .  We are just so bloody boring to watch despite having great players
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16372
    I had a stiff neck in the end, the tension of waiting for Serbia to at least equalise during the second half. Probably slightly unlucky that Kane didn't score off his header, it was about as close as it could be and still not a goal but otherwise England seemed to have lost their way. 
    Can't see England or Serbia going far based on last night's performance. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    People are acting like we lost when we comfortably won our first game! 
    People are acting like we lost when we comfortably won our first game! 
    I wouldn’t call that second half comfortable when we were only a single goal ahead
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom