The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• tony99tony99 Frets: 7106
    swiller said:
    Newcastle fan here and newish to forum. So joining in and like a bit of footy banter. Father was a geordie, summer hols up there with his sister in late 70s, spanish city, tynemouth etc. Wallsend pedigree. Its in the blood. 

So .. Good NUFC buy today for 22 yr old dutch Lille defender Sven Botman. right position to strengthen imho. 

Bruno Guimarães one of best signings in recent premiership history this year. 24, hungry to be an NUFC ledge. Amazing reader of other players.  Defensive midfielder, but not afraid to sprint into the pen area when its safe to do so. He has banged 5 in from 17 games for the toon and captained brazil u23 olympic squad 2020.

I have reservations about trippier signing in his attitude long term, but he looked fine for the few games he played and hit the net.

Howe done a great job of going for fundamental basics first . Duty, morale, motivation, responsibility etc.  With not many changes of players that were all seen to be a sack of shit under bruce. Toon are v v v happy with him and not since rafa/bobby/keegan has  there been a well deserved sense of optimism in the fans. 

Think we float with man u , spurs, the arse etc next season, so upper mid table.  Cant wait for the Man U games next season. Simply a battle of all the basics i mentioned howe has got right, and exactly the opposite in Man U. 

and yup...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mk87a7r0V60&t=25s

Howay the lads.

Howay man. You're a canny lad.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27487
    edited June 2022
    Just what is going on at WHL towers this window??

[edit]
    Though I still see no  news or even rumours about Ndombelazygit's exit.
    :(
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10206
    TTony said:
    Just what is going on at WHL towers this window??

[edit]
    Though I still see no  news or even rumours about Ndombelazygit's exit.
    :(
    I hope he stays there for decades. Yours, West Ham Fans. :lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14237
    tFB Trader
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11295
    I don't think Conte will let him get away with stuff like that. If you're on the ground you're not running, and if you're not running you're not playing.

We don't have the greatest track record of expensive signings in recent years, hopefully Paratici and Conte will slay that particular dragon. 
    Eriksen to Man Utd?

Not sure I like that ... he could make quite a positive difference there.
    Spurs are doing well in this window. They're backing Conte and they mean business. 
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    Eriksen to Man Utd?

A large part of me was hoping he'd stay at Brentford - They backed him when no other team had the guts to take him on - Now he has proved he still has the legs he is wanted again - Can't blame Eriksen for the move - Possibly the closest thing we have to Modric in the PL
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    guitars4you said:

Now he has proved he still has the legs
    The legs weren't the problem
    ;)

Agree with you though - Brentford were just his ticket back in.  Would have loved him back at Spurs, but hard to see where he'd fit in.

Can't see where Richarlison fits in either.  £60m is a lot to pay for a bench seat.
    TTony said:
    Eriksen to Man Utd?

Possibly the closest thing we have to Modric in the PL
    Harry Maguire. 
    tFB Trader
    Where next for Poch - I like the guy - I suppose PSG is a hiding to nothing - Don't win the CL and you are history - Long may it remain that way !!!!!!!!

Long shot - If Arteta does not have a strong start then that is an option - Likewise for Eddie at Newcastle - I sure the Newcastle owners can afford him, but at the moment they can only offer potential and I suspect it will be a while before even a CL place is possible - Assume that Conti and TT are set for a while at Spurs and Chelsea
    Where next for Poch 
    The beach, most likely.

I'm guessing Conte will last the season at Spurs provided that there's a realistic chance of winning something worthwhile.  With the backing he's received, that's a realistic expectation.  

("winning" here probably means at least 2nd in the premier league, and/or winning the FA Cup,  and/or a decent CL run).

If we get to Easter-ish, and those aren't going to happen, then who knows.  Conte could walk, leaving an empty seat.

Poch back to Spurs would be welcomed.
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
    So, Twatter and Twatini aren't guilty eh?
    What a feqqin farce.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62081675

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    stufisher said:
    What a feqqin farce.

At the end of the day they were cleared by a court so I guess we have to respect that. The whole thing did put arch twat Blatter out of the job so it did serve the purpose of doing the whole world a massive favour. 
    I am soooo excited for the new season!  Having said that, I was last year but Man U (my team) were utter sh*te!

I feel confident that ten Hag is the man for the job for us, but I have no idea how the season will pan out. I'm hoping that our underperforming players will find their form. Sancho, Rashford, Fernando and a few others have the makings of very good players on paper. Can Erik get them playing again?

Ronaldo - great player, club legend, but honestly I don't mind if he goes. He was our best player last year by a mile but he isn't exactly the future. I think we need to build a team that doesn't rely on an old man who doesn't track back. I just hope he doesn't stay in the prem! 

Not sure how Man C with Haarland can't win the prem though ...
    edited July 2022
    axisus said:
    stufisher said:
    What a feqqin farce.

At the end of the day they were cleared by a court so I guess we have to respect that. The whole thing did put arch twat Blatter out of the job so it did serve the purpose of doing the whole world a massive favour. 
    Maybe for a different thread in P&E but, sometimes the judge, the jury and the defendant walk out hand in hand. And not every decision of every court should be respected without question. Just saying. ;) 
    axisus said:

Can Erik get them playing again?

That will be the difference between ManU finishing top4 (as the squad suggests they should be able to) and not-top-4 (as  actual performance of the "team" has demonstrated).

Can his methods and personality transfer from the relatively small and low-pressure world of Ajax, and work in a very different environment, with the much bigger egos, of ManU?
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    I am soooo excited for the new season!  Having said that, I was last year but Man U (my team) were utter sh*te!

I feel confident that ten Hag is the man for the job for us, but I have no idea how the season will pan out. I'm hoping that our underperforming players will find their form. Sancho, Rashford, Fernando and a few others have the makings of very good players on paper. Can Erik get them playing again?

Ronaldo - great player, club legend, but honestly I don't mind if he goes. He was our best player last year by a mile but he isn't exactly the future. I think we need to build a team that doesn't rely on an old man who doesn't track back. I just hope he doesn't stay in the prem! 

Not sure how Man C with Haarland can't win the prem though ...
    As though they need him to win the PL - I'm sure he could win the golden boot award - But he is hopefully a key asset towards their dreams of the CL - With 2 lads from Leeds now in the Citeh team I wish them luck

Man U appear to be struggling to get new players signed - Yet I'm not sure that is a big issue - They don't have a poor squad etc - IMO it is more to do with attitude, commitment, style of play and a game plan - Maybe 2 key players can help with that but as you say, Sancho, Bruno and Rashford need to start turning on the tap - With a WC only weeks away, then these guys need to quickly show form or have the autumn off - But surely that is what a good manager is about - Transforming potential into reality - Not all about spend spend spend - That is almost vulgar despite it delivery Citeh and co the titles 
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4530
    Great win by Liverpool in the Charity Shield today, man city didn't go and collect their losers medals. Bless em x
    DesVegas said:
    Great win by Liverpool in the Charity Shield today, man city didn't go and collect their losers medals. Bless em x
    Glad to see city lose