The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9963
    I remember going there when we played Derby in...2007 ish maybe? And seeing a whole tier empty all around the ground that was for "club Wembley" members who clearly didn't fancy turning up to watch West Brom v Derby in the playoff final, so yes, it probably is very possible. Still not right though
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14612
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    thecolourbox said:

are they giving 18k to corporate guests who probably don't support either side?
    TBH, that doesn't sound unlikely.
    They might release more shortly - 
    they might want safety zone between fans - 
    in say the fa cup final the corporate suits help to keep fans apart - What will City plus UTD get next week - 35k each

my daughter now works for a major sports promotion/marketing/ad company - They were allocated corporate hospitality seats for this weekends playoffs - But far less fans attending, hence such corporate access - So far they have had no tickets allocated for Championship play off - But it was a contact via her that I could book a corporate box straight via Wembley but stupid money and as I said 4 Times the price of a box at the Soton end
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader

Wasn't a great night to be a Baggies fan last night but I think in fairness, Leeds and Soton were so far ahead of us on points anyway it seems fair that they should be in the final. Having no dog in the fight also means I can enjoy the match as a spectacle rather than caring either way who wins. 
    Can't get a ticket - Only allocated 36K and looks like all gone - My membership Plus option that has served well for many years is now 'obsolete' without having X amount of games on it each season _ I recall the days when I got get 2 tickets on it - Now I can't get one

I can get a corporate Wembley box for 4 - Won't tell you the price and this is via Wembley via a 'good contact' - Crazy thing is, the same box is 4 times more expensive at the Leeds end than Soton 

Will see if they increase our allocation - Trying to find the odds - Do I place a bet on Soton then win/loose either way 
    Sorry to hear that, there does always seem to be a racket to milk everything possible from Leeds when they are in this league. Seems a very low allocation of seats in a 90k capacity, assuming Soton get the same, are they giving 18k to corporate guests who probably don't support either side?
    Seen on a forum about fans complaining that train prices have gone up for that Sunday- Surprise surprise 
    tFB Trader
    I remember going there when we played Derby in...2007 ish maybe? And seeing a whole tier empty all around the ground that was for "club Wembley" members who clearly didn't fancy turning up to watch West Brom v Derby in the playoff final, so yes, it probably is very possible. Still not right though
    That might explain it 
    In sure Soton could sell 40/45k and I know we certainly could 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27824
    thecolourbox said:
    Still not right though
    All part of the revenue generating business that is football.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Kent747Kent747 Frets: 262
    Oxford did it today! Great atmosphere. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4682
    Having watched my team lose a play off and get relegated earlier football can fuck right off 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7175
    Having watched my team lose a play off and get relegated earlier football can fuck right off 
    Thought you were Everton; did I miss something?
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4682
    Everton has been a recent thing, well if like 15 years is recent , mrs is an Everton fan and I have never followed an English team, I have become an Everton fan because of her 

my home town team is Inverness caley thistle and yeah 9 years ago winning Scottish cup. 8 years ago European football for first time 
    this year relegated to league One and possibly on the verge of going bust. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7175
    Everton has been a recent thing, well if like 15 years is recent , mrs is an Everton fan and I have never followed an English team, I have become an Everton fan because of her 

my home town team is Inverness caley thistle and yeah 9 years ago winning Scottish cup. 8 years ago European football for first time 
    this year relegated to league One and possibly on the verge of going bust. 
    Sorry to hear that mate
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28350
    Erik ten Hag walks into a bank to cash a cheque. As he approaches the cashier he says, "Good morning, Ms could you please cash this cheque for me?"
    Cashier:"It would be my pleasure. Could you please show me your ID?"
    Ten Hag:"Truthfully, I did not bring my ID with me as I didn't think there was any need to. I am Erik ten Hag, Manager of Manchester United”.
    Cashier: "Yes, I know who you are, but with all the regulations and monitoring of the banks because of impostors and forgers and requirements of the legislation, etc., I must insist on seeing ID."
    Ten Hag: Just ask anyone here at the bank who I am and they will tell you. Everybody knows who I am."
    Cashier: "I am sorry, Mr Hag but these are the bank rules and I must follow them."
    Ten Hag:"Come on please, I am urging you, please cash this cheque."
    Cashier: "Look sir, here is an example of what we can do. One day, Tiger Woods came into the bank without ID. To prove he was Tiger Woods he pulled out his putter and made a beautiful shot across the bank into a cup. With that shot we knew him to be Tiger Woods and cashed his cheque."
    "Another time, Andre Agassi came in without ID. He pulled out his tennis racket and made a fabulous shot where the tennis ball landed in my cup. With that shot we cashed his cheque. So, sir, what can you do to prove that it is you and only you?"
    Erik stands there thinking and thinking and finally says, "Honestly, my mind is a total blank...there is nothing that comes to my mind. I can't think of a single thing. I have absolutely no idea what to do. I don't have a clue."
    Cashier: "Will that be large or small notes , Mr Ten Hag?”
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3128
    Could be lots of twists and turns in this afternoon's football.

Perhaps West Ham to draw against City for Moyes last game? Fever Pitch 2 if that game finishes 5 minutes before Arsenal v Everton which is 0-0 with 90 minutes on the clock...

Rice free kick, VAR controversy, top corner with 98 minutes played...1-0

City dressing room, heads in hands, Emirates going nuts

Yep, I would like the Gunners to win just for a bit of variety, plus I also want Moyes to go out on a high.

• LestratcasterLestratcaster Frets: 1111
    So the final day. Still mathematically possible to win the title, but sadly I don't think West Ham are going to do anything at the Etihad. But this is the Premier League, anything can happen. We are even closer this season but still so far, though its only like a point we would be missing out on, and if the goal difference is like 1 as well.

But let's see at 5.45pm what happens!
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1759
    edited May 19
    WHU are going to get thrashed I think. I struggle to see how City won't win the title, but I'd be up for an upset and last minute decision goal to clinch the trophy. 

(And us winning vs Chelsea...  which is just as unlikely ;) )
    Think I read that they get a £5m payment if Declan Rice wins the league with us, but that's unlikely.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 1378
    I think west ham have a chance because it is moyes last game if im not mistaked, better if it was at home though. So good luck to the arse on that front.
    My toon need  bournemouth to do a job on chelsea , brighton beating Man Ure although not essential , toon to beat brentford.

Dont worry, be silly.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27824
    I'm just looking forward to a day when all the matches are played at the same time and on the same day!
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Saka not playing today due to muscle injury. But our front line should still have enough quality to score a few against Everton.
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2825
    talkSport don’t seem to have looked at the table.All West Ham have to do is get a draw.  They are saying there is no way West Ham can win.  Even as a West Ham supporter there’s a good chance of that but is far from the case, as City have shown when pressure is on, especially las5 games of the Premiership, they tend to struggle and have to score in extra time, sometimes twice.

but anyway, it is only a draw needed if Arsenal win, in which case it’s all in Everton’s hands, and the6 might be up for this with nothing mattering t8 them other than letting a southern team win…
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3128
    Foden!  1-0

Also seems like the game started a minute later than the others.