The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3068
    And Tuchel thought his team today were the better team - Must have been watching a different match and/or he is delusional as well as a thug
    Thought Leeds played well but Chelsea were every bit as bad as Man U were against Brentford last week.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3641
    TTony said:
    We suck. We got torn apart by Brighton. We haven't beaten them in years. 
    Brighton are NOT a bad team!  Graham Potter is under-rated too, IMHO.
    It's not the team it's the manner of the defeat. We couldn't score a goal like their second goal. We can't keep possession. I don't know what's happened.

sev112 said:
    Ah the stresses of being a lifelong West Ham supporter - people just don’t understand what we have to go through 

You know it. 
    It's just a nightmare!

Brighton lost two of their best players and they look like a top six team.

We spend a lot of money and look like pony.  :'(
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28347
    Top 8 currently includes Leeds, Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, bottom 3 are Leics, Man U and West Ham. I know it's early days but that is pretty weird!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    axisus said:
    Top 8 currently includes Leeds, Brighton, Fulham and Brentford, bottom 3 are Leics, Man U and West Ham. I know it's early days but that is pretty weird!
    It's great! the first 3 weeks back in the premier league after 23 years away with Forest have NOT disappointed at all :D 

currently, the only European Champions inside the top half of the table and stronger teams (on paper) looking beatable (Chelsea). 

if we can get something against Spurs at the weekend and not get pumped 7-0 by City the following week, I'll be over the moon haha. 
    axisus said:
    As you say, early days but it’s looking like this could be the tightest premier league for years.  It’s very hard to call who will go down… probably Bournemouth, Everton don’t look good and neither do Leicester.  West Ham have only won one of their last ten, I think.  There could be twelve teams who are relegation candidates….
  • Wow.. even with Liverpool's injury crisis I never saw that result coming..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4675
    edited August 2022
    RobDavies said:
    axisus said:
    As you say, early days but it’s looking like this could be the tightest premier league for years.  It’s very hard to call who will go down… probably Bournemouth, Everton don’t look good and neither do Leicester.  West Ham have only won one of their last ten, I think.  There could be twelve teams who are relegation candidates….
    Everton will be fine, they are a  striker away from being a team that will finish mid table, Coady and Tarkowski are solid prem defenders, if they can get the Guaye transfer over the line and another striker to cover for DCL ( who is made of poppadums) then they will be ok. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1477
    RobDavies said:
    axisus said:
    Everton will be fine, they are a  striker away from being a team that will finish mid table, Coady and Tarkowski are solid prem defenders, if they can get the Guaye transfer over the line and another striker to cover for DCL ( who is made of poppadums) then they will be ok. 
    Agree with this. They are fine, if not spectacular and if they have someone who can put the ball in the back of the net, they might win a few. Gray is a decent prospect and Gordon (if they keep him) looks a good talent as well. 

I probably shouldn't be, but I'm really not worried about Forest going down based on our first 3 performances. Looked out of depth at Newcastle, but they really took it to the best team in the league on Sunday....West Ham, we showed some grit and put some nice passages of play together, and the same against Everton...just need to start quicker and get more of a hold on the game early.

Basically brand new squad and already looking like they are gelling after 3 games is a massive positive in my eyes. Can only see us improving as the season rolls on as well (similar to last season after Cooper came in)...Just need to weather the storm of the next 10 days, with Spurs, City (away) and Bournemouth coming up. I would like to think 4 points from those 3 games would be considered a win. 

Gibbs-White looked very handy in the 20 mins he got on Saturday as well, which is pleasing. We're now a bit thin at the back with Niakhate out two months, so hopefully some re-enforcements coming in before the end of the window. 

As @RobDavies said - could be really tight this season. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13572
    well Bournemouth did well 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    bertie said:
    At least they scored one. 

In their own net mind you.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14410
    tFB Trader
    axisus said:
    bertie said:

I bet LFC were gutted they did not break the record - And no goal for Salah - And until the last goal went in, then 8 different goal scorers 

100% record still going for Arsenal

And the Leeds lad scores a hat trick for City
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7134
    edited August 2022
    axisus said:
    bertie said:

I bet LFC were gutted they did not break the record - And no goal for Salah - And until the last goal went in, then 8 different goal scorers 

100% record still going for Arsenal

And the Leeds lad scores a hat trick for City
    I bet LFC were more  gutted when they got beat by Man Utd FC.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10278
    Bloody hell Liverpool.

Well my fantasy team did well. :lol: 
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Bournemouth fan here. Well at least the balloon payment will help
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4611
    Bloody hell Liverpool.

Well my fantasy team did well. :lol: 

I'm not doing fantasy this year as I started to find it was ruining the game for me.. Liverpool would win but I'd be gutted Jota didn't score etc
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1755
    edited August 2022
    BBBlues said:
    AFCB fan here too. 

Cmon - we've had not significant transfers and City, Arsenal and now Liverpool on schedule at the very start of the season.

Now we have to regroup and fight to stay out of relegation zone - we've done for few years previously. There no universe in which we cam compete with the teams above. It'll be hard, but possible to stay in PL.
    BBBlues said:
    AFCB fan here too. 

Cmon - we've had not significant transfers and City, Arsenal and now Liverpool on schedule at the very start of the season.

Now we have to regroup and fight to stay out of relegation zone - we've done for few years previously. There no universe in which we cam compete with the teams above. It'll be hard, but possible to stay in PL.
    I think I remember that the last time Bournemouth came up, they got a few batterings early in the season.  But they did turn it around and ended up staying in the prem for five(?) years?  Eddie Howe possibly slightly more clued up than Scott Parker though. 
    Disappointed that City didn't lose after going 2-0 down, but Haarland - damn fine player. I do love a big strong centre forward, the way he scored his third was superb.

Glad that Man U won, but Saints played well, looked a good team.
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4727

Better from Man U, would have lost that game a few weeks ago.  Casemiro looked good in the short time he was on.  Still a bit light up front, we need a proven goal scorer.  Martial true to form looks good then gets injured.  

Southampton played well, were a bit unlucky not to get anything.
  • In the post match interview, somebody asked Klopp in German if he knew how many goals they'd scored, but he said "no"
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom