The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2834
    VAR shojoneve said:
    joneve said:
    Well, my first trip to the City Ground supporting a premier league team since I was 15 years old did not disappoint. As loud as I’ve heard it in recent times and the game offered literally EVERYTHING. Glad we took it to a decent West Ham side and survived their onslaughts when needed. Night and day compared to the performance against Newcastle. Not even 7 minutes of Moyesy time could help them though. 

(Was nice to see us give Antonio the reception he deserved when he was subbed. We bloody love that bloke at Forest)
    I have no words. 

Congratulations on a good result. 
    You were unlucky with hitting the woodwork and a share of the points wouldn’t have been an unfair result. We’re lucky enough to have United’s number 1 on loan for the season, and he’s obviously done his homework on Rice’s penalty placements.
    VAR should have spotted the keeper with his foot off / in front of the line before the ball was kicked.  If you are going to VAR all the rest , then VAR that, or get rid often stupid rule in the first place (personally I think the goalkeeper should have the whole of the 6 yard box as his and he can run around it to his hearts content from when the ref blows his whistle)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11404
    Three things happened to Dele, in no particular order, which have brought him down to where he is now. 

First was the robbery, which shook him up.

Next was hitting a peak at such a young age. Maintaining it would always be tough, not maintaining it meant a slide into ordinariness.

Finally, he lost Christian Eriksen as a team mate. Eriksen would look for and generally find Dele, who then had the ball on the proverbial plate to play with. Eriksen left, Dele didn't have the service he used to have and he was lost. He didn't help himself with his flicks and tricks, which weren't coming off, and he failed to adapt. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14650
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    Yes - Totally ridiculous especially as Andersen was  innocent in this instance  - You'd have to be totally blinkered not to realise that Nunez was a total plonker (could use other adjectives) in this case - Maybe Klopp and/or Nunez could say something on this to reflect the nature of such threats and how out of order they are
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27848
    tony99 said:
    Hate a player by all means, but death threats is a bit much for me:

For sure, but a "death threat" on one of the (anti) Social Media platforms is hardly the equivalent of waking up in the morning to find a horse's head on the pillow next to you.

Other than requiring someone to pass an intelligence test before opening a SM account, you're never going to be able to stop idiots posting crap.   There are too many of them.  With way too many crappy opinions.

And - to an extent - the more that you try to stop them, the more you encourage them to do it (notoriety, "badge of honour" like the old ASBOs, etc).

Fine, if you get some threats, and then notice that all the horses in the field next door are wandering around without their heads, then maybe start to worry.  But - as a rule - anyone who has any intent doesn't announce their intent on SM.  Even the idiots aren't quite that stupid.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    TTony said:
    tony99 said:
    Hate a player by all means, but death threats is a bit much for me:

For sure, but a "death threat" on one of the (anti) Social Media platforms is hardly the equivalent of waking up in the morning to find a horse's head on the pillow next to you.

Other than requiring someone to pass an intelligence test before opening a SM account, you're never going to be able to stop idiots posting crap.   There are too many of them.  With way too many crappy opinions.

And - to an extent - the more that you try to stop them, the more you encourage them to do it (notoriety, "badge of honour" like the old ASBOs, etc).

Fine, if you get some threats, and then notice that all the horses in the field next door are wandering around without their heads, then maybe start to worry.  But - as a rule - anyone who has any intent doesn't announce their intent on SM.  Even the idiots aren't quite that stupid.

Sort of agree but brushing things under the carpet gets us nowhere. Hate should be called out.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    Sort of agree but brushing things under the carpet gets us nowhere. Hate should be called out.
    Sort of agree - but if "calling it out" just encourages more idiots to post more crap on SM, it might not be the most effective approach?

It's not hate that is the challenge, it's idiocy.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    TTony said:
    tony99 said:
    Sort of agree - but if "calling it out" just encourages more idiots to post more crap on SM, it might not be the most effective approach?

It's not hate that is the challenge, it's idiocy.
    Yeah I'd agree that most of the people who post this sort of stuff are idiots.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3110
    Ooof - MGW to Forest for £35M + add ons. You'll love him.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1487
    As I'd expected/hoped, MGW signing finally sorted. 
    Who or what is an “MGW” ??
    Morgan Gibbs-White. Played under Steve Cooper at England U21 level.
    blobb said:
    Ooof - MGW to Forest for £35M + add ons. You'll love him.
    I'm absolutely buzzing. Given the ridiculous price we've overpaid, I'm certain there's more to this than *just* signing Morgan Gibbs White.

He was Cooper's number 1 target at the start of the summer....what has transpired is that Cooper and Murphy (our CEO) have put together some great transfers, but I'm told that some of the signings they had nothing to do with and were not consulted, which obviously (and understandably) didn't go down well with them. Cooper has yet to sign the contract extension he was offered at the start of summer.

I genuinely believe if we didn't get Gibbs-White, because of what had transpired with the random signings they've now had to make work, Cooper and Murphy would have walked

So yes, £44.5m is massively overpaying (even with English Premier League player tax) - BUT I'm pretty sure we'll shortly have an announcement that Cooper has signed his contract extension now this deal is done.

Essentially, I think they've probably given an ultimatum to the owners, and stuck their own necks on the line - because if he flops, Cooper might well be gone anyway. He knows him well, having coached him at Swansea - so I trust his judgement.
    Yes, it's a ringing endorsement for Morgan. He shone at Sheff Utd last season and was flying under Cooper at Swansea until he got injured. Great deal for both sides: Forest get a real emerging talent, Wolves get Nunes!
    blobb said:
    Yes, it's a ringing endorsement for Morgan. He shone at Sheff Utd last season and was flying under Cooper at Swansea until he got injured. Great deal for both sides: Forest get a real emerging talent, Wolves get Nunes!
    He caused us all sorts of issues in all 4 times we played the blades last season. 
    edited August 2022
    .. but he did miss the penalty that got you to Wembley! Agent Gibbs-White in action there. I really hope Forest do well this season, an old school mate was a massive fan and it was always Wolves/Forest banter between us.

£35m++ for an U21 player?
     :o

Someone's got a lot of money.

Not entirely *on* topic, but the name prompts me to wonder what happens when Mr name-name and his special friend Mr (or Miss or whatever) name-name "get together"?

Do they become Mr & Mrs (or whatever) name-name-name-name?   

But, £35m!!
    TTony said:
     :o

Someone's got a lot of money.

Not entirely *on* topic, but the name prompts me to wonder what happens when Mr name-name and his special friend Mr (or Miss or whatever) name-name "get together"?

Do they become Mr & Mrs (or whatever) name-name-name-name?   

But, £35m!!
    Wellll it's £25m plus *potential* add-ons. 

still a lot of money, but this will lead to Cooper signing his extension - so is investment and faith in Cooper and Murphy as well. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10383
    edited August 2022
    Bloody hell and I thought Lingard would cost you a lot!

I'll look forward to seeing him. 

I'm off to watch West Ham play someone Danish team tonight for the Europa Conference League playoff. Bringing my son too, it only cost a fiver so I felt bad not bringing him. He's only 5 bless him. We've sold 35k tickets, and I can't believing I'm saying it but the place will be empty! 
    TTony said:
    He's 22 now. Nunes is 23 (£38M+) ...... i was mostly getting pi**ed and sleeping it off when I was 23!

It's Guedes I'm excited about.