The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27848
    edited August 2022
    bertie said:
    so what are the actual repercussions when "off the field"  people get booked ? 
    After the sendings-off, they’ll be banned from the touch line / dugout for a few games.  And probably fined the football equivalent of 50p (ie £10k) for something-or other.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2022
    Very happy with 2-2, given what normally happens when we play Chelsea.  

• bertiebertie Frets: 13577
    bertie said:
    can I update that to 

"so what are the actual repercussions when "off the field"  people get sent off ?   =)

tho TB perfectly H  -  I do get that one............................
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14649
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    bertie said:
    After the sendings-off, they’ll be banned from the touch line / dugout for a few games.  And probably fined the football equivalent of 50p (ie £10k) for something-or other.
    Interesting in that even in the heat of the moment, that if a goal scorer takes his shirt off and runs around in celebration he will be booked - But in the heat of the moment the ref did not book (or did not notice) Tuchel when he left his 'area' 

Also interesting to note that VAR looked at Cucurella being dragged to the floor in an 'off the ball incident' but it appears to be okay for that to go on 

Certainly a feisty encounter at times - At times Chelsea looked very good - At times they just looked nasty as well
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11404
    Chelsea didn't have that many shots on goal in the first half, for all their possession. In past years we would have folded and only pushed half-heartedly for an equaliser, we now have some steel and endurance.

As for the ref, well, we've had the shitty end of the stick against them enough times over the years. Thomas Tuchus should have had a second yellow for running out of his area after their second goal, they don't seem to mention that. 

I would have been happy with a point before the game, so I'm happy with a point after the game. 

Also interesting to note that VAR looked at Cucurella being dragged to the floor in an 'off the ball incident' but it appears to be okay for that to go on 

Do you mean the incident in which Cucurella’s (clearly too long) hair got caught up in Romero’s hands, and he then threw himself to the ground when Romero tried to shake his hands free of all the hair?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:

Do you mean the incident in which Cucurella’s (clearly too long) hair got caught up in Romero’s hands, and he then threw himself to the ground when Romero tried to shake his hands free of all the hair?
    arrrgh I see that now - Good observation 

It does appear both managers now got red after another confrontation after the game
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11404
    VAR has no authority for incidents like that. Red cards, penalties and goals are the limits of its remit, I believe. 
  • bertie said:
    The repercussions are grim

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10382
    edited August 2022
    Watching the Forest West Ham highlights again, I don't know how we didn't get three goals. Oh well. Brighton next, whom we always lose to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1485
    Watching the Forest West Ham highlights again, I don't know how we didn't get three goals. Oh well. Brighton next, whom we always lose to. 
    stout defence and Benrahma not managing to hit the target twice? Happy to help :) 
    tFB Trader
    Wow - So FFL gets the Everton job, buys Dele Alli then barely a few kicks of the ball later and it looks like he is going out on loan - Could pass comment about what that implies for both Alli and FFL
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 7177
    Wow - So FFL gets the Everton job, buys Dele Alli then barely a few kicks of the ball later and it looks like he is going out on loan - Could pass comment about what that implies for both Alli and FFL
    What is FFL? 
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    What is FFL? 
    'effing Frank Lampard or Frank 'effing Lampard or Fat Frank Lampard - same difference either way
    tony99 said:
    What is FFL? 
    'effing Frank Lampard or Frank 'effing Lampard or Fat Frank Lampard - same difference either way
    Haha sounds like same old everton I used to follow then. How much have they spaffed up the wall on Alli then?
    tFB Trader
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    What is FFL? 
    Haha sounds like same old everton I used to follow then. How much have they spaffed up the wall on Alli then?
    for me it stem's from FFL's days at Derby - nothing aimed at Everton - Just him 
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    What is FFL? 
    for me it stem's from FFL's days at Derby - nothing aimed at Everton - Just him 
    Oh no I just wondered how much he bought him for that's all
  • RobDavies said:
    Possibly The Royal Oak? Anyway, it was rotten - although the locals were friendly, which was a pleasant surprise.   =)
    The Waggon and Horses (in nearby Smethwick) is the worst pub I've ever been in.. it was literally rotten and got closed down. The Royal Oak is the Ritz in comparison :)

Now I'm an oldun I just get in the car and drive home straight after the game. I can't be bothered with all the messing about in pubs.. although I do love a mixed grill.
    Is the Waggon the bright blue one with the plastic windows and no furniture where people just stand outside?
    That's the one. In 30 odd years of drinking, it is undeniably the worst pub I have ever been in. Brilliant people though.
    As I was passing just now I thought I'd grab a photo of it. Folks may find it hard to believe but if anything, it actually looks better now it's closed down than it did when open

Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    What is FFL? 
    Nothing.

Everton “bought” Dele from Spurs, but with future payments tied to how many games he played, goals he scored, times he captained Everton to winning the CL, that sort of thing.

Apart from his wages, and getting him a new shirt of his own, he’s not cost them much.

They’ve still been robbed though.

Don’t know where the brilliant-footballer-formerly-known-as-Dele-Alli went.  Sad case :(
    TTony said:
    tony99 said:
    tony99 said:
    What is FFL? 
    Nothing.

Everton “bought” Dele from Spurs, but with future payments tied to how many games he played, goals he scored, times he captained Everton to winning the CL, that sort of thing.

Apart from his wages, and getting him a new shirt of his own, he’s not cost them much.

They’ve still been robbed though.

Don’t know where the brilliant-footballer-formerly-known-as-Dele-Alli went.  Sad case :(
    Oh right; an arrangement.

I thought he scored to keep them up or something though. I might be way off actually.