What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Brocco said:
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    roberty said:
    Okay I'll give Firebird a call and see what's what
    just back from a business trip and wondered where we are on venue with/without drums, etc?

Sorry been a bit distracted. I'm away until next week but will call them then 
    have just been chased up by Real World Studios and wondered if there is an update on Firebird?
    Okay I just called Firebird but no answer. Have emailed

I was away on holiday and tested positive with covid on my return. Just starting to get back into work/life admin/etc
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @Brocco and @ all

Firebird got back, they have a 6x6m room called the engine room where they can fit chairs for people. It would be ~£170 for the day including PA and drum shells
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @roberty, thank you. Look forward to hearing views from you all on what you think we should do.
    No problem @Brocco sorry for the prolonged absence
    I've booked a rehearsal at Firebird for my own group Thurs coming Thurs so I'll scope the place out and report back
    Thanks @roberty ;
    Here's the big room at Firebird

The band who were in there said the sound isn't great

They have an outdoor seating bit with lots of plants and a cafe/bar area with snacks. It's really nice to be honest

We got a great sound in one of the little rooms for our three piece. We've booked in again for next week

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 6853
    That room looks very “live” apart from the small rug there doesn’t appear to be any sound treatment !
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4536
    That looks quite a bit smaller than the one at Factory.  We'd probably need another room (or two) as a breakout room.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 541
    Its unlikely we are going to find any where better than Firebird at this stage. We could hold out and try and book factory on the 1st September  but 'no guarantee that the 1st October will be available.   
    Firebird may not be ideal but its a pretty good second choice and meets most of our needs. There's likely to be around 12 of us with 5 or 6 playing at anyone time so I don't see the size a major issue.With regards to sound Factory was ok but the PA was pretty shite. Its not like we are rehearsing for a world tour  =)

We also need to sort out a set list , who's playing what etc. Which as we know can take a while.....

I'm happy to hold out for Factory as the bigger room was nice but IMO I think we should book Firebird so we can get on with sorting everything else out. 
    I did like it there. The facilities are good. We might just have to be smart about amp placement and careful with volume levels. I could ask about some chairs for the room
    Brocco said:
    As we have an agreed date and a venue is close to being secured thought we could start the tracklist discussion (suggest we each nominate 2 songs each initially)
    Anyone up for learning Move Over (Joplin/Slade) or Breathe and Attack (Goodbye June)?
    Brocco said:
    As we have an agreed date and a venue is close to being secured thought we could start the tracklist discussion (suggest we each nominate 2 songs each initially)
    As we're such a talented bunch I think we might as well make it 3 or 4 suggestions each. We rattled through them pretty quickly last time. More likely because we did our home work rather than raw talent though.  =)
    Christ Noddy Holder had some lungs. I'm up for learning that @Brocco, guitar/bass and/or vocals whichever is needed

roberty said:
    Christ Noddy Holder had some lungs. I'm up for learning that @Brocco, guitar/bass and/or vocals whichever is needed

I think you should take the vocals  =) 
    roberty said:

Fab, definitely need you on lead guitar!
    Brocco said:
    roberty said:

Fab, definitely need you on lead guitar!
    Ha okay I'll give it a shot. Lucky it's a few weeks away!
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1037
    roberty said:
    I did like it there. The facilities are good. We might just have to be smart about amp placement and careful with volume levels. I could ask about some chairs for the room
    Looks really nice! A few people in there will dampen the sound down a bit too...maybe!
    roberty said:
    Looks really nice! A few people in there will dampen the sound down a bit too...maybe!
    Will it be coat weather by then? Haha
    bobblehat said:
    Brocco said:
    As we're such a talented bunch I think we might as well make it 3 or 4 suggestions each. We rattled through them pretty quickly last time. More likely because we did our home work rather than raw talent though.  =)
    @bobblehat - what would your song suggestions be?