Introduce Yourself

What's Hot
1115116117118119121»

Comments

• wamonitewamonite Frets: 0

Long time lurker, thought I'd get around to saying hi!

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

A play on the letters in my name

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Surrey, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

Picked up the guitar again in my forties after a not really playing since my teens. Having lessons and looking forward to be able to hold my own at local jam nights and playing with friends.

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

I still have the Fender Lead III I bought second hand in 1990 then mistreated as a youth. Recently had it repaired and properly set up and it's a lovely guitar. Glad I kept it all these years!

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

If forced to choose one, would have to be Comfortably Numb, Pink Floyd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RichardM73RichardM73 Frets: 0

Q1: Someone directed me to the fretboard when I was trying to buy a guitar, not alot of thought went into the username!

Q2:  Leeds

Q3: My main musical ambition is to have the ability to play different music when I pick up the guitar that I (and others) will enjoy listening to. I try and practice every day and am trying to learn theory and develop my fretboard knowledge (caged system, scales etc) along with trying to learn and memorise songs in different genres. I would really like to play live.

Q4:  Fender 64 Custom Deluxe reverb 

Q5:  Very hard to pick a track but what springs to mind right now is Sly and the Family Stone's Woodstock performance

• patch22patch22 Frets: 0
    1.cats name and d.o.b
    2.Manchester
    3.keep playing and enjoying music.
    4.Schecter pt pro
    5.Shine a light - Rolling Stones .though it is impossible to pick just one
  • SatyrSatyr Frets: 1
    Where did you username come from? It’s an anagram of a few of the letters in my name.

Where in the world/country are you? By the sea, East Sussex in the UK.

What's your main musical ambition? Given my knackered left wrist, learning to fingerpick a nylon strung guitar.

Your best bit of gear? Good question. I’ve been just as impressed with some picks as pedals. Obvious answer is my Gibson Les Paul but now I’ve added a new question I think is just as relevant.

No. 1 ever track? This changes every few years and in recent years doesn’t necessarily include guitar.

New question - what was the guitar you most regret selling? Squier Classic Vibe Tele. Maybe it was just the one I had but I really really wish I still owned it. It was perfect even if it was a bit glossy.
  • james030james030 Frets: 0
    q1 james john
    q2 melbourne australia 
    q3 playing and enjoying music
    q4 Schecter pt pro
    q5 Shine a light 
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    Hi James and welcome. Nice to see someone from Melbourne - I lived in Melbourne for 10 years, though that was back in the 70s and 80s. 
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8706
    … and james030, who turned out to be from Florida, was straight in with “My friend has exactly what you want to buy. You can contact him at scammer@gmail.com”
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JamesMorrisJamesMorris Frets: 20
    Yes this guy James030 is a scammer. Please remove him from this site immediately mods 
  • ToupeeToupee Frets: 0
    Hi all, I'm Tom from London.

Thanks for having me! Stumbled on the forum in my search for information while Ive been building my first parts caster.
    I turned 60 last year and have been playing guitar on and off for 50 years, or so, with plenty of gaps, and no lessons!
    I feel ready to learn now though, and I plan to enjoy my home build and make the most of it.
    Frustratingly, I have mobility issues these days, but sitting and strumming away to ease the boredom is a nice way to make the most of the days. I also recently discovered the joy of lap steel guitar, and that has widened my appreciation of music genres
    nicely in an unexpected way.

Thanks again
    Tom

• gpw5150gpw5150 Frets: 15
    Hi all,

long time lurker and clearly anti-social:

Q1:  Where did you username come from?

a combination if my initials and some unknown guitar player who was big in the 80’s.

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?

Herts, UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?

I peaked at being the touring guitar player for a well known boy band in the 90’s as well as the ‘third wheel’ in a couple of established indie bands for live work.  Been downhill ever since..,,

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?

57 Re-Issue Custom Shop handwired Fender Pro 5e5 - modified to cathode bias, in fact it is a hybrid of a 5e5-a and a 5d5 and generally sounds like it is about to blow up on 7 on the volume.

Fender Custom Shop Esquire relic in black with a hot custom shop pickup and a massive neck

a purple lead…

nothing else…although I have a few great pedals and amps and a Custom Shop ‘Z’ Esquire, they don’t get used - in fact most are for sale somewhere.

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?

Good lord, I have ~100 hours of playlist on spotify!  But lets go with anything rockabilly or Queens of the Stone Age.
  • bongopongobongopongo Frets: 0
    edited April 19
    hi! 

I got pointed in the direction of this place today so thought I'd join up

Q1:  Where did you username come from?  I am Bongo, the Pongo is just because

Q2:  Where in the world/country are you?  Co Durham UK

Q3:  What's your main musical ambition?  Have the confidence to get up at the guitareoke at the mini festival I got to a few times a year

Q4:  Your "best" bit of gear - just the one?  Japanese Fender Jaguar I've had since new (around 2003)

Q5:  Your #1 ever track - again, just the one?  Can't answer that!  Changes by the minute.

• Hi everyone!

Long time lurker, new member.

Q1: Where did you username come from? It was mine at birth and has served me reasonably for 42 years so far... 
    Q2: Where in the world/country are you? East of England, not too far from Cambridge
    Q3: What's your main musical ambition? To find more time to play, and to keep enjoying it when I do
    Q4: Your "best" bit of gear - just the one? I have a lovely SG Junior
    Q5: Your #1 ever track - again, just the one? The Beatles - A Day in the Life