Analog delay options

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    https://richtonemusic.co.uk/moog-mf-delay-fx-pedal-w-box-2nd-hand/ Not a bad price for this all things considered - people have tried it on for way more in the recent past since they are discontinued. A bit more than your budget but maybe it will blow your mind. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    The tap and variable shape LFO would definitely be nice. I haven't found a use for the square wave yet, so any other options would always be neat. Though I barely use the mod's full capabilities - it's nuts when you turn the amount above halfway
    Absolutely like the Moog. If you clock the LFO exactly to the delay line though, you can go more extreme without it sounding wrong 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9553
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2901
    edited July 2022
    Honestly the Behringer Vintage Delay is pretty good, especially considering its about £20! I've been using mine for pretty regular gigs since i got it and had no issues with the plastic case at all, it sounds nice too. May be a bit dark for you though. 

Boss DD-7 is worth a look, I liked the analog mode on that. 
  • JJ72JJ72 Frets: 57
    TTBZ said:
    Honestly the Behringer Vintage Delay is pretty good, especially considering its about £20! I've been using mine for pretty regular gigs since i got it and had no issues with the plastic case at all, it sounds nice too. May be a bit dark for you though. 

This Is true...joined a band a few years ago with a 2nd guitar player. I had a Boss DD20 on my board which was always in analog mode. The other guitar player had a way better delay sound than mine- checked out his board and it was a lowly Behringer analog delay
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    I find the EHX Memory Toy to be pretty decent for what it is especially with the added mod switch. I would say the Ibanez analog mini and similar would be ok too.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited July 2022
    TTBZ said:

JJ72 said:
    TTBZ said:

This Is true...joined a band a few years ago with a 2nd guitar player. I had a Boss DD20 on my board which was always in analog mode. The other guitar player had a way better delay sound than mine- checked out his board and it was a lowly Behringer analog delay
    Still got mine up for sale in the classifieds, £15 posted: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/229870/fs-fender-jhs-tc-electronic-tone-city-behringer-emmergy-fx#latest
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72407
    I just got a DM-2W, having had a couple of original ones… the Waza is definitely much more flexible, with longer delay times, the direct out  and the expression pedal option (which I haven’t tried with it yet). It does sound different - it’s noticeably cleaner, but what noise there is is actually not as nice as the original’s more lo-fi graininess, it’s higher-pitched and slightly metallic-sounding - but I can live with that for the advantages. It is definitely better overall.

Trivial I know, but I have to admit I don’t like the Waza Craft logo and the silver screw either! (I will change the screw.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    Just picked one up. Does it count? 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Just picked one up. Does it count? 
    Nope, pretty sure that is digital (PT2399 chip).