Analog delay options

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    russpm said:
    I really like the look of the Suhr, but I can't help thinking of it like a mythical creature seeing as it's still not in shops a year after "launch"

I will probably still buy one when they're readily available though..
    Well, if you are near Chorley you are welcome to come and check mine out.
    I’m in Abu Dhabi, unfortunately! Appreciate the offer though!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    edited June 2022
    At this point I feel it’s worth mentioning that you can also run the MXR Carbon Copy at 12v or even 18v for more clarity/brightness and longer repeats. 

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4705
    Yorkie said:
    At this point I feel it’s worth mentioning that you can also run the MXR Carbon Copy at 12v or even 18v for more clarity/brightness and longer repeats. 

Jon
    I’ve heard that, from a headroom perspective.

Currently thinking of the DMM 1100 TT.   Seems a reasonable price considering it has tap tempo, modulation and MN3005’s.  Plus it’s a DMM.

Saying that all budget now blown on necessary car parts  :s

Just to add, the ADG-1 sounded pretty much the best delay I’ve ever heard in the clips, absolutely stunning.
    I’ll have a rethink when the budget allows….
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    I’ve heard that, from a headroom perspective.
    I ran mine at 18v for a few months. It’s a very different pedal albeit more limited in that the higher settings are unusable due to heavy feedback.

Jon
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7164
    You could do a lot worse than the delay llama xtreme. I have very expensive delay tastes, and that one really does sound very good indeed. If you’re not bothered about the midi tricks and such, it’s very competitive. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You could do a lot worse than the delay llama xtreme. I have very expensive delay tastes, and that one really does sound very good indeed. If you’re not bothered about the midi tricks and such, it’s very competitive. 
    Yes has been on the list.  I’ve just got an ‘MN3005 DMM bright not too murky repeats theme atm’.
    Will have a listen of some clips.  

Yes has been on the list.  I’ve just got an ‘MN3005 DMM bright not too murky repeats theme atm’.
    Will have a listen of some clips.  

Just pick yourself up a Moog MF104M off eBay or reverb :)
  • Another vote for Stone Deaf Syncopy. Ridiculous features for the price. The Chase Bliss Tonal Recall RKM was a bit smoother and creamer, but also harder to use due those dip switches. Also if you want slap back I think Syncopy’s brighter and more defined repeats will be more appropriate 
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456

Just to add, the ADG-1 sounded pretty much the best delay I’ve ever heard in the clips, absolutely stunning.
    It really is amazing. I’ve had pretty much every top end analog delay imaginable and the ADG hangs with the very best, and is (relatively) affordable with a pedalboard friendly footprint. 
    CFH said:

It really is amazing. I’ve had pretty much every top end analog delay imaginable and the ADG hangs with the very best, and is (relatively) affordable with a pedalboard friendly footprint. 
    ^^ what he said

It's the only delay I've ever had without a tap tempo that doesn't piss me off. The guy in the shop I bought mine told me (after I paid - so not as a sale pitch!) that it had displaced 2x DMMs, and I can fully believe that.

I still fancy the Suhr Disco but only because I'm a delay pedal nerd (and because it looks like the BTTF time machine). 
  • CFHCFH Frets: 456
    CFH said:

^^ what he said

It's the only delay I've ever had without a tap tempo that doesn't piss me off. The guy in the shop I bought mine told me (after I paid - so not as a sale pitch!) that it had displaced 2x DMMs, and I can fully believe that.

I still fancy the Suhr Disco but only because I'm a delay pedal nerd (and because it looks like the BTTF time machine). 
    I’m beginning to wonder if the next drop of the Discovery’s are a myth! They were supposed to be here in March… 

Perhaps they aren’t much of a priority for Suhr. 
    CFH said:
    CFH said:

^^ what he said

I’m beginning to wonder if the next drop of the Discovery’s are a myth! They were supposed to be here in March… 

Perhaps they aren’t much of a priority for Suhr. 
    It wouldn't surprise me if the cost of production has gone up massively since launch. And if it's anything like the ADG there will be a heavy amount of manual calibration of every unit - that needs people and time.
    Another vote for Stone Deaf Syncopy. Ridiculous features for the price. The Chase Bliss Tonal Recall RKM was a bit smoother and creamer, but also harder to use due those dip switches. Also if you want slap back I think Syncopy’s brighter and more defined repeats will be more appropriate 
    One in the classifieds @onyir is selling, but don't have the funds currently!  Looks perfect, and a bargain!
    CFH said:

^^ what he said

To be honest I've recently moved away from tap a little, after relying on it for years.  I ended up using the Stomp 2 button for preset changes meaning I had no tap function.  Either short slapback or 370ms ish seems to do for 90% of requirements, except long ambient dub kind of things, which I can use the stomp for anyway (now I have the XL I have enough buttons.).
    So I actually don't really need tap.
    @menamestom yeah I know what you mean. I still like it for a lot of applications, but not for all. I've also found the ADG-1 to be very easy to get to where I want it in terms of delay time. I think the short/long switch helps there
    @menamestom yeah I know what you mean. I still like it for a lot of applications, but not for all. I've also found the ADG-1 to be very easy to get to where I want it in terms of delay time. I think the short/long switch helps there
    I watched a demo or two earlier - it really easy the Moog reboxed with some of the features omitted, isn’t it?  
    edited July 2022
    I watched a demo or two earlier - it really easy the Moog reboxed with some of the features omitted, isn’t it?  
    Yes absolutely - designed & built by the same dude in the same town. I can't sing its praises enough
    Yes absolutely - designed & built by the same dude in the same town. I can't sing its praises enough
    Even midi and tap tempo aside, I’d miss the shape-variable LFO I think. But then, I couldn’t afford the Moog now if I didn’t already have one. 
    The tap and variable shape LFO would definitely be nice. I haven't found a use for the square wave yet, so any other options would always be neat. Though I barely use the mod's full capabilities - it's nuts when you turn the amount above halfway