UPDATE New Marshall - 2x12 DSL40 (DSL402) (Now £399 at GuitarGuitar)

What's Hot

Comments

• CHrisP86CHrisP86 Frets: 360
    Don’t really need but really want! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4386
    Ignore me , they are in stock at Guitar Guitar and one of them is now en route to Cornelius Towers
    Between the cat, the car, and the house, I'm down on the deal lately or one would be heading for randella towers right now.

Something something fuck's sake :lol:

Good man for grabbing one, they're meant to be great. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7348
    randella said:
    Ignore me , they are in stock at Guitar Guitar and one of them is now en route to Cornelius Towers
    Between the cat, the car, and the house, I'm down on the deal lately or one would be heading for randella towers right now.

Don’t worry it’ll be back on here soon when I realise I don’t need it and hopefully you have the cash :-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:

Don’t worry it’ll be back on here soon when I realise I don’t need it and hopefully you have the cash :-)
    Ahh sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I caved and hit the button - we'll have to duke it out in the classifieds :lol:

I blame lambchopper really, it's his fault!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    randella said:

Ahh sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I caved and hit the button - we'll have to duke it out in the classifieds :lol:

Excellent work , I’m sure we will both love them 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    randella said:
    randella said:

Excellent work , I’m sure we will both love them 
    Yeah I’m excited about this now, it’s been donkey’s since I had a new amplifier. I’ve been eyeing up the 40W 1x12 for a while, I don’t play gigs any more so the 2x12 for a bargain price seems pretty clear-cut.

Yay us! NAD T minus one-point-five days and counting! The cat’s being well looked after and the car now stops when I hit the middle pedal, so time for some Bletchley noise :)

Let me know how you get on with yours when it arrives, be very interested to know.
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 778
    edited March 2023
    I love my 1x12 which I got last year. I am a bedroom player, so I was unsure how good it might sound at low volume, but i went for it due to the positive comments online about its responsive master volume controls. Well, definitely no regrets from me. Its exactly what i was hoping for and has a great clean channel too.

The reverb is very subtle as widely documented. Other than that it's an absolute belter and I don't see what more you could want. 

These 2x12 models are a steal.
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 677
    What’s Ldt edt about it? Just the fact it’s a 2x12?
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2457
    edited March 2023
    What’s Ldt edt about it? Just the fact it’s a 2x12?
    That looks to be the only difference.

And that it was originally a 'Fair Deal Music exclusive'. 

Their stock is now sold out however and I'm guessing there must have been a surplus Marshall needed one of their main box shifters to shift.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5512
    edited March 2023
    Ugh. My first real amp was a JMP2104 from about 1980 or 1981 - also a 2x12 with a MV, and apparently one of Slash's all-time favourites. Learned to play through it during the grunge era. It was sadly destroyed in a flood. Would this amp sate a vague midlife longing to recapture some of the riffs of my youth, or would I be disappointed by it? I've looked at buying another used 2104 but they still go for around £1500, are very loud (that MV is slightly tetchy), and have no frills other than a basic tone stack... (although they do have handles!!)

I also recall the one I owned in the 90s needed quite a bit of ongoing maintenance...
  • rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 847
    So is that a wide chassis 40? Looks longer than the 1x12  chassis. Could it be they may bring out a 40 head next? (Same size as the 100?)
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5512
    Sold out… but it looks like they are expecting a few more and taking preorders…
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    CHrisP86 said:
    Don’t really need but really want! 
    Yep
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1562
    So is that a wide chassis 40? Looks longer than the 1x12  chassis. Could it be they may bring out a 40 head next? (Same size as the 100?)
    Some 10cm wider than my DSL40.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• rockmonsterrockmonster Frets: 847
    edited March 2023
    Yorkie said:
    Some 10cm wider than my DSL40.
    Yep roughly the size of the 100 HR. Mmmmm!
    My 40CR has packed in! 
    Whitecat said:
    Sold out… but it looks like they are expecting a few more and taking preorders…
    I woke up and cancelled my order this morning so there is one more at guitar guitar available.

it will be amazing I’m sure , I love the 1x12 dsl40 but I’ve got 2 fenders, a bad cat,  a Blackstar , 2 jet citys and a thr5.

it was an impulse lust thing but the truth is I just don’t have the room 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 823
    edited March 2023
    Emperor Marcus Aurelius said:
    There was once a dream that was a DSL40 head. You could only whisper it… anything more than a whisper and it would vanish

• John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    At that price I was half tempted to get one and convert it into a head and put the speakers in a cab but I don’t have time so probably for the best if they’ve sold out.  
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    Does it do a plexi-ish pedal platform sound? Captain crunch

• ScreamingDaveScreamingDave Frets: 586
    edited March 2023
    I saw them when I got my DSL 40 1x12 and was tempted, but the whole point for me was moving away from a 2x12, just because of the weight