UPDATE New Marshall - 2x12 DSL40 (DSL402) (Now £399 at GuitarGuitar)

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    ICBM said:
    Some MDF and particle-board cabinets do definitely sound good. Whether an identical cabinet in ply or pine would sound better or just different isn't easy to say without actually building one, and it's fairly rare to have both options. The Marshall 1936 is an example where the ply version definitely sounds better to most people, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same will be true for all cabs, even if it is for many.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Really enjoyed that, that ending was quite a surprise.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3429
    I have the DSL20CR. Took out the 70/80 and put a Greenback in it. It's a great little amp.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73075
    NelsonP said:
    I have the DSL20CR. Took out the 70/80 and put a Greenback in it. It's a great little amp.
    A friend of mine has one too - we did a proper comparison with the stock Seventy/80 and a Creamback Neo by putting them both in a 2x12” cab so we could switch directly between them and the cab would be the same for both. The difference was actually slightly smaller than I expected, but still very noticeable - the Seventy/80 was thinner-sounding, harsher at the top end, not as deep at the bottom and just a bit ‘flat’ and lifeless, especially on clean sounds… but surprisingly, not as bad on overdriven ones. But still a big enough difference that there was no doubt that the Neo was the better speaker.

The weight reduction when we put the Neo in the combo was again not huge, but noticeable. Very much an upgrade in every way.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein