Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Introducing TEN32 Guitars...and features you've never seen before!

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• Thanks @grungebob and @khaotic ;

Looks like they launched the detachable headstock pretty recently, they're only available for pre-order and that video is only 3 days old. I also recently learned of a substantially more complex detachable headstock design that was submitted for patent just a few months before I submitted my application, although that company doesn't appear to be pursuing it any longer.

Crazy how all these things are being created/released within such a small window!

I wish I had the resources these guys do - "Rob worked with his team of in-house mechanical and carbon fiber engineers to design and patent the Overhead collapsible travel guitar system"

I have a team of an in-house girlfriend and sometimes the neighbor's cat comes by to say hello...

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28425
    the neighbor's cat comes by to say hello...

Careful.

Might be snooping for a competitor.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:

Careful.

Puss in Cahoots?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 20537
    TTony said:

Careful.

Puss in Cahoots?
    Russian Blue, White, Black and Tabby. They all have form, those sneaky feline bastards, they even occasionally disguise themselves as pools of spilled cocktails...  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • New feature to address the issue of the neck not landing in the exact same spot in the pocket each time assembly is performed, and the effects that may have on intonation. I'm calling it the "alignment logo" for now. Consists of epoxy with 20% milled carbon fiber mixed in, cured under pressure at 55 PSI in a temperature controlled vessel. Considering its also supported by the sides of the pocket, and the fact that it all gets locked together when the neck is bolted on, it should last for the life of the instrument.

alignlogo_smjpg
    0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • UnorthodoxUnorthodox Frets: 481
    Very impressive, as is the rest of your work. Always happy to see more of it :)
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28024
    That. Is. Absolutely. Awesome.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2409
    Such impressive work!
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4251
    Neat!
  • So much innovation in one place!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74399
    Somehow I missed this thread before. I can't really add anything to what's been said already, but I think this is fantastic.

I'm a fan of CNC too, although not a builder or even a hobbyist - I'm a repairer and I like things that are precise and fit properly so parts are interchangeable, as well as just liking things to be well-made in the first place.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• This is brilliant, nice one