Show us your Brightly coloured Ibanez Shred machines . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• Since you've said it doesn't have to be Ibanez...

And not quite as bright, but still fairly loud:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1045
    gusman2x said:
    I’ll post a pic of my UVMC when I get a chance tomorrow :)
    Awesome, the ATD one?
    It’s a MKR, but a decent one! (imo, obviously!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 378
    Always loved that Schecter @skullfunkerry. Not sure the sustainer would get much use but it looks stunning! 
  • Is this ok?:

I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • donbot said:
    Thanks! What are you looking into getting? I’m not a big fan of mega figured woods either. I like something a bit different though but do have one with a quilted top but it’s fairly understated. 
    I like desert yellow and road flare red rg550’s  Will most likely get desert yellow although road flare was my fave I’d eventually like to get it with pink pickups and green control knobs . Road flare would look good with green pickups etc. 

have you seen storm pickguards? They look amazing with graphics of space with stars and nebulae on them 
  • Whistler said:

Ibanez SA260FM, at or very near the bottom of the range. I bought it secondhand in non-working order with rusty hardware and dismantled electrics. Hardware is now all Schaller with locking machine heads, electrics are next to be sorted out and then pickups, knobs and strap pins. It feels awesome in my hands.
    I had one similar to this 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gizmo said:
    That’s amazingly wonderful , is that what they called laser blue? Is it a 565  
    Yep Lazer blue it is/was but this was one of the RG3XXV 25th reissue, the 565 has the crappy Edge III trems (saw a 565  in red on reverb the other day at £445 i think it was) this also had a fitted Ibby hardshell case & i sold it for (case inc)...wait for it £375......yep that was pretty dumb.

Saw a Guy at SS.org built this, which fits in this threads theme and is pretty f'in cool.TBH

Wow, your laser blue sounds amazing, the new 565 are good they’re MIJ and have the edge trem. That headless is amazing ,it’s like one third Jem one third voyager and one third kiesel/Strandberg 
  • Since you've said it doesn't have to be Ibanez...

And not quite as bright, but still fairly loud:

I love those schecter did be getting one if it wasn’t for the RG , that sustainer is a major ass kicking toy ,infinite sustain & in the harmonic position it sounds so great 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Is this ok?:

Absolutely ,what a stunning set of guitars man . Isn’t @philipot on here a major Hamer aficionado too 
  • Thanks for sharing your pics it really is a joy to see them , keep em coming 
      I recently saw a video or something and Nuno had a clear lucite signature N4
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24353
    I've never owned an Ibanez or any kind of shredder guitar (except a couple of partscasters, many years ago), but there are some nice pictures on this thread. :)
  • Philly_Q said:
    I've never owned an Ibanez or any kind of shredder guitar (except a couple of partscasters, many years ago), but there are some nice pictures on this thread. :)
    Darn I could have sworn you were a hamer fan , it’s that flipping Mandela effect ,it’s getting out of control now 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24353
    Philly_Q said:
    Darn I could have sworn you were a hamer fan , it’s that flipping Mandela effect ,it’s getting out of control now 
    No, no... no Mandela effect, you were right about me being a bit of a Hamer fan! :)

I've owned seven or eight of them over the years - nowhere near @Bennyboy-UK 's league - but none of them were shredders.
  • PabcranePabcrane Frets: 492
    Dave Navarro's gold-top Tele-Style Ibanez which he used around 90-91.

I find it tricky to post photos on The Fretboard but this is a pretty cool looking Ibanez from back in the day.

(unfortunately I wasn't old enough to see them back then but there are some dodgy videos with Dave playing this cool guitar in Brixton circa Ritual)
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 378
    What was it Jan Cyrka used to play? (I guess still does). The Hoodlum guitar. Wasn’t that a Hamer? All kinds of cool that one. 
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3145
    That was a Kramer Nightswan 

There was also a Palm Bay hoodlum signature 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1520
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Always regretted selling my Jem in the 90s...found one of these lurking in a warehouse in Germany well after they'd sold out:

0reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    No, no... no Mandela effect, you were right about me being a bit of a Hamer fan! :)

I've owned seven or eight of them over the years - nowhere near @Bennyboy-UK 's league - but none of them were shredders.
    I remember Andy summers playing a nice one on the de do do dah video in the snow 
  • Nightswan said:
    I love this , this is what I have in mind