Show us your Brightly coloured Ibanez Shred machines . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24352
    edited October 2022
    A bit more conservative, but I always liked the look of the Ibanez Radius models, which effectively became the JS series.  One of those with a fatter neck would be very nice.

(Just to be clear, I don't own this!)

Ibanez 540R HH  Specifications
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1520

0reaction image LOL 22reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3145
    What the hell is that? I love it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    This should be on its way to me from Japan next week, I'll post up some better pictures once it arrives.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10919
    edited October 2022

Started out like this:

My sister's partner has one of these in New Zealand. They dig it out for me when I visit. How tf do you adjust the truss rod because it isn't with any kind of tool I've seen before 

Edit: criminal of them to paint over that figuring 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3439
    Not exactly brightly coloured....

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebob said:
    Sparkle pink with pearl binding. 
    These are great , I think they’ve gone back to dull colors now though 
  • Nightswan said:

Fantastic this 
  • Nightswan said:

Holy wow
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73619
    I so wish I'd bought one of those Floral JEMs about five years ago before the price doubled. Although I think visually I marginally prefer the later blue ones...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

ICBM said:
    I so wish I'd bought one of those Floral JEMs about five years ago before the price doubled. Although I think visually I marginally prefer the later blue ones...
    You'll be hard pressed to score one for sub £3750 these days. The BFP's can be got for circa £2200 to £2500. Expect prices to jump on those soon though.
    Nightswan said:
    ICBM said:
    You'll be hard pressed to score one for sub £3750 these days. The BFP's can be got for circa £2200 to £2500. Expect prices to jump on those soon though.
    Is there a particular reason why the Jems and Universes have jumped up in price so much? My UV7SBK sold for around £1000 a couple of years back but now, I’d be lucky to find one under £2000

I can understand why Jackson’s have to some degree, as it’s nigh on impossible to get the USA Select models now.
    Stevepage said:
    Nightswan said:
    ICBM said:
    Is there a particular reason why the Jems and Universes have jumped up in price so much? My UV7SBK sold for around £1000 a couple of years back but now, I’d be lucky to find one under £2000

I can understand why Jackson’s have to some degree, as it’s nigh on impossible to get the USA Select models now.
    They usually get more expensive with each passing year. The discontinuation of the MIJ Jem line in favour of the Pia models certainly didn't help prices either.  All Ibanez signature models ala the JPM and PGM models are going through big price rises. Figure in that most guys are selling on Reverb and once a few sellers see asking prices they jump on the bandwagon. JPM's have tripled in selling prices the last few years.

I think the wait time now on full Jackon USA Custom shop stuff is now over 3 years. I think if you were to buy a full USA Custom shop these days you wouldn't get much change out of £5000...that could go higher. ESP Custom shop would be even more expensive again.

Nightswan said:
    Stevepage said:
    Nightswan said:
    ICBM said:

They usually get more expensive with each passing year. The discontinuation of the MIJ Jem line in favour of the Pia models certainly didn't help prices either.  All Ibanez signature models ala the JPM and PGM models are going through big price rises. Figure in that most guys are selling on Reverb and once a few sellers see asking prices they jump on the bandwagon. JPM's have tripled in selling prices the last few years.

I think the wait time now on full Jackon USA Custom shop stuff is now over 3 years. I think if you were to buy a full USA Custom shop these days you wouldn't get much change out of £5000...that could go higher. ESP Custom shop would be even more expensive again.

Funny you should mention the custom shop. I put in a quote for what was basically a 1 humbucker Soloist with the Nebula graphic and was quoted £3500 back in 2019. Maybe I should have taken them up on the offer, I'd have it by now  :'(
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2971
    Loving this thread :) I've wanted a neon orange RG for ages, I'm just not into the Wizard necks though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Stevepage said:
    Nightswan said:

Funny you should mention the custom shop. I put in a quote for what was basically a 1 humbucker Soloist with the Nebula graphic and was quoted £3500 back in 2019. Maybe I should have taken them up on the offer, I'd have it by now  :'(
    That would have been a very nice build. With Jackson you are better going used...even then expect to pay big. Standard USA used SL-1 and SL2H can still be got sub £2k. Dealer Select usually £2200 and upwards. There's a nice full Custom Shop on Marketplace atm for £2600...prob the best deal out there at this time. I scored a nice SL2h Custom Shop with full crackle finish on body and neck a while back. God knows what that would cost if ordered today. £5k+ for sure.
  • shobetshobet Frets: 180
    Amusing how many non-ibanez planks appear in this thread. 
    Do ursus deposit feculence in the thicket?

Here endeth the lesson.