Show us your Brightly coloured Ibanez Shred machines . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• MaakMaak Frets: 90
    it's not Ibanez, but it is brightly coloured!
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Maak said:
    it's not Ibanez, but it is brightly coloured!
    I love these  but in 6 string. I love watching the kiesel jam’s on YouTube Sophie loyd & McRocklin are on one 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnah said:
    This should be on its way to me from Japan next week, I'll post up some better pictures once it arrives.

Love this 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's another - this one is a Jem built by Steve Vai's friend Joe Despagni, so is a bit of a prototype. I spoke to the guy (or one of them) who originally owned this, and apparently it used to be in Joe's LA workshop for people to try out: 

T
    It’s vaguely reminiscent of the performance fire graphic 
  • Should I share pics of my Charvels?? I suspect you've all already seen them mind you..
    Definitely I love charvels . Got the recent so cal green meanie 
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1116
    edited October 2022
    Im re-finishing a Squire Showmaster atm in HOT pink (it was pink but the front was quite faded and chipped) just waitting for the 1K clear to cure off(should be about another month before i can cut/buff it out)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gizmo said:
    Im re-finishing a Squire Showmaster atm in HOT pink (it was pink but the front was quite faded and chipped) just waitting for the 1K clear to cure off(should be about another month before i can cut/buff it out)

That’s going to look so very awesome. Thanks for sharing, can’t wait to see the finished result 
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1520
    RG550

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Stevepage said:
    What the hell is that? I love it

Roswell Rhoads partscaster I put together. It's what happens when you combine beer with browsing ebay for guitar parts. ;)
  • Nightswan said:
    RG550

Stunning ,the top pic with the clouds too looks like a custom paint job lol 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7239
    Pabcrane said:
    Dave Navarro's gold-top Tele-Style Ibanez which he used around 90-91.

I find it tricky to post photos on The Fretboard but this is a pretty cool looking Ibanez from back in the day.

(unfortunately I wasn't old enough to see them back then but there are some dodgy videos with Dave playing this cool guitar in Brixton circa Ritual)
    It got broken...

https://imgur.com/fA8MPAM.jpg
    Chameleon Finish on an XPT700

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25193

I sold it though. Just can't get on with the thin neck, and I prefer a narrower nut width.

If Ibby did an AZ with the floral.... perfection!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I think this can hold its own

www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1116
    I just ordered one of the Pacer Classic's in Passion Pink now only £199 @ Coda

I have the 2010 issue of this guitar in black which is great but it has a much lower spec hardware & a pretty cheapy cast floyd, i almost picked up a B-stock one of these a Bax the other month which i think was £219 but @ £199 del from Coda i think it's a great buy...also in Blue and Red

Gizmo said:
    I just ordered one of the Pacer Classic's in Passion Pink now only £199 @ Coda

I have the 2010 issue of this guitar in black which is great but it has a much lower spec hardware & a pretty cheapy cast floyd, i almost picked up a B-stock one of these a Bax the other month which i think was £219 but @ £199 del from Coda i think it's a great buy...also in Blue and Red

Beauty! I love that finish!
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • M1ckM1ck Frets: 253
    edited October 2022
    Nightswan said:

Big fan of these, I had one of the (now sought after) early ones - absolutely loved it, reluctantly moved it on to ease a fiscally challenging period. Wish I still had it! I did actually find mine recently, it was for sale and still local to me but the price was far too much for me! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    M1ck said:
    Nightswan said:

Big fan of these, I had one of the (now sought after) early ones - absolutely loved it, reluctantly moved it on to ease a fiscally challenging period. Wish I still had it! I did actually find mine recently, it was for sale and still local to me but the price was far too much for me! 
    Bummer dude. I feel your pain. I've sold some beauties in my day....was packing one up for shipping the other day and was thinking 'boy I'm gonna regret this!!' and I already am. Funnily enough a 1990 777-FP popped up on ebay uk today. Same year as mine above. Seller has it up at £3,789 and rightly says it's the cheapest one for sale in the UK at the minute. It's actually the cheapest one for sale in the World as well I reckon.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1045
    Nightswan said:
    Nightswan said:

Is that from the original run? Mine is a 15th but going from your pickup fade that may be an older one? Beautiful guitar!
    Thank You! Yeah...well spotted..it'a 1990, third year of production. Your's would have the Edge Pro trem right? Would love to see some pics of it.
    Thought so, and that’s a particularly nice example! My neighbour had one when I was in my early teens and was one of my inspirations for playing (him, and of course the guitar). As has been mentioned the prices are crazy now; I got mine for £1500 and even those (15ths) are going for silly money. I have a friend (more an acquaintance tbh) who collects the Jems/UVs and has a huge collection of mint examples of every one; he’d make a fortune selling them now. If I got one more it’d be the Root Beer one ( I just like it!) or the 20th with the LEDs. I know someone else with a 20th (who I know better!) … hoping he might sell at some point!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom