Show us your Brightly coloured Ibanez Shred machines . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3439
    edited October 2022
    ICBM said:
    Nightswan said:
    @ICBM: No...it's a 550...one of the LTD models with the AANJ. I can see why you might think it's a 750...but they didn't have colour matched plates unless it was the black one. RG Series on the headstock means it's 1994 onwards.
    Ah... that would explain it! I thought it was a 770 at first but I don’t think I’ve ever seen one with a rosewood board.
    Or sharkfin inlays?

Gotta say that @nightswan has posted some incredible photos on here
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28359
    A bit late to the party but this is my heavily modded JS100:

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 932
    axisus said:

That is lovely. And the finish is gorgeous (neon purple, or chameleon?)

ive hankered after a Radius for a good few years, but it might just make more sense to do a partscaster using a J100. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28359
    gusman2x said:
    axisus said:

That is lovely. And the finish is gorgeous (neon purple, or chameleon?)

ive hankered after a Radius for a good few years, but it might just make more sense to do a partscaster using a J100. 
    Chameleon. This is a pre-other mods pic.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1116
    Just picked up one of these ibby RG950xxxxxxxxx what everthefuckibanezaddstotheendtherelabels..in Black ice

It's not the above guitar but the same guitar just a dif maple cap, Should be here in a few days NGD will be posted

Most likey it will be converted to H/S layout as i dislike HSH (HH really as the S will be replaced with a rail) with a trans black pickguard (looks like i'll have to CNC my own as i cant find any RG HS guards for sale anywhere...)
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reposting this in better light...it deserves it:

0reaction image LOL 13reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Reposting this in better light...it deserves it:

Amazing
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1045
    Reposting this in better light...it deserves it:

Definitely the nicest Pia….how does it compare to the Jems?
  • Reposting this in better light...it deserves it...
     @Vibetronic ;Not sure I'm best placed to answer...it's been thirty years since I owned:
    • a Jem (a 7P in black/white costing £825 in 1991 to be precise)
    • anything with a Floyd
    • a set of 9-42 strings
    I've mostly been playing Les Pauls, Teles, etc. So when I got my hands on the Pia, it felt like driving an F1 car down the High Street*: took me a week or two to lighten up on everything (and to get bored of removing/replacing the magnetic backplate)!

Other thoughts:
    • It plays so easily...as you'd expect...stainless frets adding to the slickness
    • The petal grips aren't as easy to 'use'...it's more of a nod to the monkey grip
    • I didn't care for the carbon fibre whammy bar: it's a bit thicker and caught on the volume control when it was pulled for 'high pass'
    • I was compelled to import the '1970s curtains' ClipLock strap to get the full effect (I got the short version which is only just right at its shortest...who are they making these for?!!)
    • I can't ever take this out: I'd never make it off the stage...and that's just from the reaction of band mates ;)
    * I'm just imagining here

Reposting this in better light...it deserves it...
     @Vibetronic ;Not sure I'm best placed to answer...it's been thirty years since I owned:
    • anything with a Floyd
    • a set of 9-42 strings
    I've mostly been playing Les Pauls, Teles, etc. So when I got my hands on the Pia, it felt like driving an F1 car down the High Street*: took me a week or two to lighten up on everything (and to get bored of removing/replacing the magnetic backplate)!

Other thoughts:
    • It plays so easily...as you'd expect...stainless frets adding to the slickness
    • The petal grips aren't as easy to 'use'...it's more of a nod to the monkey grip
    • I didn't care for the carbon fibre whammy bar: it's a bit thicker and caught on the volume control when it was pulled for 'high pass'
    • I was compelled to import the '1970s curtains' ClipLock strap to get the full effect (I got the short version which is only just right at its shortest...who are they making these for?!!)
    • I can't ever take this out: I'd never make it off the stage...and that's just from the reaction of band mates ;)

Cheers, that's interesting :) I'm (slightly) going the other way - got a LP earlier this year, which is a huge departure from all my other guitars and takes me a while to get used to - mostly due to the small frets. Never thought I'd get one, but I tried one a friend was selling and just loved the feel/sound (didn't like the others he had at all though!!). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
    edited October 2022
    Not quite exactly "BRIGHT", but here's mine.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3439

So I paid £650 for my 750 in 1989. Should have bought a JEM, but also those late 80s 7xx models are a massive bargain today, relative to the JEM prices
  • MarchMarch Frets: 287
    • anything with a Floyd
    • a set of 9-42 strings

Other thoughts:

Cheers, that's interesting :) I'm (slightly) going the other way - got a LP earlier this year, which is a huge departure from all my other guitars and takes me a while to get used to - mostly due to the small frets. Never thought I'd get one, but I tried one a friend was selling and just loved the feel/sound (didn't like the others he had at all though!!). 

Wait, you now have a Les Paul? Blimey, don’t tell me you’ve reached your Slash phase?!  ;)
    March said:
    • anything with a Floyd
    • a set of 9-42 strings

Other thoughts:

Wait, you now have a Les Paul? Blimey, don’t tell me you’ve reached your Slash phase?!  ;)
    Didn’t I tell you? Maybe I didn’t. Well, I have a Les Paul. It’s one of the ones with the beautiful hologram of the man himself on it, thankfully on the back. Never planned on it, I just really liked the guitar!!
  • I should have included this in my earlier post:

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1520
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This is a pretty bonkers one. Ibanez J Custom S540 Japan Urushi. The Infamous 'Itch' J Custom. It's finished in Urushiol Lacquer which contains a constituent of poison ivy. Legend has it that only one luthier was prepared to work with it and only 12 were ever made.

0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nightswan said:
    This is a pretty bonkers one. Ibanez J Custom S540 Japan Urushi. The Infamous 'Itch' J Custom. It's finished in Urushiol Lacquer which contains a constituent of poison ivy. Legend has it that only one luthier was prepared to work with it and only 12 were ever made.

Simply astounding , wow 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19968
    edited October 2022
    Nightswan said:

I'm itching for one of those, but am happy to scratch it as a serious ambition...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom