Show us your Brightly coloured Ibanez Shred machines . . .

What's Hot

Comments

• MarchMarch Frets: 287
    Nightswan said:
    This is a pretty bonkers one. Ibanez J Custom S540 Japan Urushi. The Infamous 'Itch' J Custom. It's finished in Urushiol Lacquer which contains a constituent of poison ivy. Legend has it that only one luthier was prepared to work with it and only 12 were ever made.

I’ve played one of these. It was during a trip to Cologne in the late 90’s. There was a music store in the old town that had it in the window that let me have a fettle. Back then it was out of my price range.

I had an S1520FB and an Emerald Green S540Ltd. I still keep an eye out for that old S1520. It was an impressive guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3145
    LACS Build for a guitarist in the band Beast In Black

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • These are all GREAT!!!
    I'm always looking for interesting USA Hamers for sale.

At the moment I'm looking for:
    * Hamer Watson, SS2, Vintage S, T62.
    * Music Man Luke 1, Luke II

Please drop me a message.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nightswan said:
    This is a pretty bonkers one. Ibanez J Custom S540 Japan Urushi. The Infamous 'Itch' J Custom. It's finished in Urushiol Lacquer which contains a constituent of poison ivy. Legend has it that only one luthier was prepared to work with it and only 12 were ever made.

I'm itching for one of those, but an happy to scratch it as a serious ambition...

Good call. I think buying one might be a rash decision.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10919
    I rather think shredders, much like blondes, have more fun
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1045
    Nightswan said:
    that's beautiful. If I ever got one it'd have to be one like that!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1520
    edited October 2022
    Nightswan said:
    A cool guitar. There's only 6 of those in existence...J Custom RG Gold 2. There's an RG Gold-1 as well, only 6 of those as well. Gold 2 has the Herons on the front, Gold 1 doesn't.

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1045
    Nightswan said:
    Nightswan said:
    A cool guitar. There's only 6 of those in existence...J Custom RG Gold 2. There's an RG Gold-1 as well, only 6 of those as well. Gold 2 has the Herons on the front, Gold 1 doesn't.

If you ever decide to sell the one with herons, let me know!! Those are the best looking ones I’ve ever seen!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 24353
    ^ Oh wow, I actually prefer the one without herons.  Lovely wood grain.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    ^ Oh wow, I actually prefer the one without herons.  Lovely wood grain.
    Yeah. They did great work on them. 18k Gold Leaf applied to Ash Bodies.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lord_SpanielchipLord_Spanielchip Frets: 148
    edited October 2022

Very late to the party but this is my RG5120M (picture taken on a potato) in frozen ocean. Looked at from another angle you’d see the grain of the wood. A guitar that far exceeds my talent but I like nice things, so…
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Very late to the party but this is my RG5120M (picture taken on a potato) in frozen ocean. Looked at from another angle you’d see the grain of the wood. A guitar that far exceeds my talent but I like nice things, so…
    Very nice 
  • Dave8Dave8 Frets: 335

This is my RG3120 - not the brightest-ly coloured, its very well "worn in"
  • xGizmoxGizmo Frets: 1116
    So my RG950xxxxxxxxxxx what ever came the other day

Ibby blurb say the finish is "Black Ice" but TBH it's more "Iced Green tea", still crazy well made and finished guitar, once i get it restrung and setup i'll NGD it i guess.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    edited October 2022
    Well my new (to me) guitar arrived today from Japan. Needs a good clean, strings are filthy, some of the frets appear to be tarnished/rusty, but on the whole is in decent enough condition. There's a small nick in the paint on the front of the body but that was mentioned in the original advert, you just couldn't tell from the seller's photo. Came with the multi tool and original manual too which is nice. Well packaged to get here, I think the pickups are not original, but when I get around to cleaning it up I'll have a good look and see what's in there. They look like they have black hollow poles, rather than solid metal, which I believe it should have in it. I'll post up a bit more detail in a separate thread and try to get some better photos. In the meantime, get your sunglasses around this, RG3250MZ FOR:

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnah said:
    Well my new (to me) guitar arrived today from Japan. Needs a good clean, strings are filthy, some of the frets appear to be tarnished/rusty, but on the whole is in decent enough condition. There's a small nick in the paint on the front of the body but that was mentioned in the original advert, you just couldn't tell from the seller's photo. Came with the multi tool and original manual too which is nice. Well packaged to get here, I think the pickups are not original, but when I get around to cleaning it up I'll have a good look and see what's in there. They look like they have black hollow poles, rather than solid metal, which I believe it should have in it. I'll post up a bit more detail in a separate thread and try to get some better photos. In the meantime, get your sunglasses around this, RG3250MZ FOR:

@steven.marks ;
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• wolsnah said:

That is so awesome , this is the kinda stuff I wanna see 
  • gusman2xgusman2x Frets: 932
    wolsnah said:

Are they V1/V2? My 20th anniversary has pickups with hollow pole pieces. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wolsnahwolsnah Frets: 190
    I have literally no idea, there's no distinguishing markings on the top side at all, I'm hoping there'll be something on the back once I get it apart for a clean. I suspect they're not original as the control knobs behave weirdly, a bit like two volume controls rather than a tone and a volume, so I suspect they've been swapped out and then wired, either badly or just plain differently. I've ordered a load of replacement screws as the pickguard ones have a good layer of oxidisation on them and are very grey, which you can see in the picture. The ones on the back are similar, I'm guessing from humidity but I'm no expert on such things. 
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom