Western Jam 11th February 2023, Firebird Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7034
    spark240 said:
    Guys can I throw in a few quid to help out as I backed our pretty late ...
    @roberty is the man to talk to - hes sorting payments.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10915
    spark240 said:
    Guys can I throw in a few quid to help out as I backed our pretty late ...
    I honestly wouldn't think any less of you if you didn't. But it's very nice of you to offer
  • chaps, I'm really really sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this one. Our babysitter arrangements for the weekend have fallen through, and as my wife is out doing her sport stuff on Saturday, I've got to stay at home to do childcare. Less than happy about it - I had this arranged as soon as the date was agreed - but it's really not worth the hassle I'll get if I do go (which I got last time as it was another similar clash...I struggle to get out at weekends!). At least I'll know the songs for next time. I dropped Roberty a line last night to let him know this was on the cards and unfortunately I haven't been able to think of a way around it overnight, and my daughter is a bit too young to bring along yet. Really sorry for the time you've spent learning stuff you probably won't play; and I will of course still chip in towards venue hire, only fair. Was really looking forward to it and I hope you all have an excellent time. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2225
    edited February 2023
    chaps, I'm really really sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this one....

That's a really pity but family have to come first. I was looking forward to being amazed by your playing again.

The songs that are affected are:
    Die Laughing (Therapy)
    Talk Dirty To Me (Poison)
    Dr Feelgood (Motley Crue)
    Girls Girls Girls ((Motley Crue)
    Symphony Of Destruction (Megadeath)
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love (Darkness)

Die Laughing (Therapy)
    @Jonathangus, as you're doing vocals and guitar, do you need another guitar to back you up?
    If so. are there any takers?
    I could do guitar, but then we'll need someone to do bass. I've done a tab for the bass if it helps.

@mrkb, as you're doing vocals and guitar, do you need another guitar to back you up?
    If so, are there any other takers?
    I could do guitar, but then we'll need someone to do bass. I've done a chord chart if it helps. The bass is mainly just pumping on the root notes. 

Any takers for guitar?
    I could do guitar, but then we'll need someone to do bass. I've done a tab for the bass if it helps.

Girls Girls Girls (Motley Crue)
    Any takers for guitar?
    Again. I could do guitar, but then we'll need someone to do bass. I've done a tab for the bass if it helps.

Any takers for guitar?
    Sorry I can't help with this one in the time frame

Any takers for guitar?
    Sorry I can't help with this one in the time frame

If we need to drop some, are there any very simple tunes that the singers know that we can throw in at short notice to jam on?

It's not a competition.
  • chaps, I'm really really sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw from this one....

That's a really pity but family have to come first. I was looking forward to being amazed by your playing again.

The songs that are affected are:
    Die Laughing (Therapy)
    Girls Girls Girls ((Motley Crue)

Oh Jeez, that really is quite a few! There is one other thing I can try - I'll see if my sister can babysit. She's only done it once before when our daughter was a lot younger, but now she's that much bigger it should be easier. I'll ask her this evening when she's back from work. Hadn't occurred to me before and there's no harm in asking!!
    I can play I Believe In a Thing Called Love on guitar

To be honest I haven't learnt the Motley Crue ones (saving vocals till last since that's the easiest)

I can do the rhythm on Symphony of Destruction and I'm confident you can play a face melting solo @stratman3142, there are no key changes in the solo and it's in E
     If we need to drop some, are there any very simple tunes that the singers know that we can throw in at short notice to jam on?

Could be useful to look at the list from last time
    Will be great if you can make it @Vibetronic but obviously no pressure
    edited February 2023
    I can do "Talk Dirty" on my own if needed, but its simple power chords and I can print out a few extra chord charts like one below if anyone fancies joining in. I make these for all the songs Im doing.

Heres the link
    https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ar53XK77YC-p2Hfz2GYPFFWG0MBR?e=GhahtU

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    image.png 51.8K

• Die Laughing (Therapy)
    @Jonathangus, as you're doing vocals and guitar, do you need another guitar to back you up?

Will either need someone to add some guitar, or take over the singing.  Playing single chords on the beat is about my limit if I'm trying to sing at the same time.

I'm sure we can collectively come up with some songs on the day, like we did first time round.  Teenage Kicks?  Some other simple AC/DC songs?

Or we can muck about with gear.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2225
    edited February 2023
    roberty said:

...I can do the rhythm on Symphony of Destruction and I'm confident you can play a face melting solo @stratman3142, there are no key changes in the solo and it's in E
    I've just made a chart for myself for Symphony Of Destruction, so I can help out on rhythm. I'll have to improvise a solo on the spot though as I'll never remember the original, so don't build your hopes up

It's not a competition.

Die Laughing (Therapy)

Will either need someone to add some guitar, or take over the singing.  Playing single chords on the beat is about my limit if I'm trying to sing at the same time.

If the guitar, bass and drums are sorted I can step in on Vocals - they are more in my range so should be able to muddle through once Ive made a song sheet.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • roberty said:
    roberty said:
    @stratman3142 can you send me the spreadsheet? I'm too lazy to filter the usernames manually lol

Hopefully the link below will work for anyone that wants to download the spreadsheet.

https://app.box.com/s/cfk4dbnq0r5ffkcf38p56zwxpac1dklr

Got it, thanks. I filtered it down to these members.

I'll start a group chat in a bit. With 9 people that would be £17.77 each

bobblehat
    Brocco
    Jonathangus
    mart
    mrkb
    onlyonebradders
    roberty
    stratman3142
    Vibetronic
    Am I forwarding the money to yourself again Rob? Still have details from last time.
    @roberty What times do we have the room booked for? Am dropping the wife at her mates in Bristol so need to give her likely timing.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Is it 9-5? 10-6? Anyone know?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    As usual, I'm not going to manage to be there much before 10:30.
  • mrkb said:

Die Laughing (Therapy)

If the guitar, bass and drums are sorted I can step in on Vocals - they are more in my range so should be able to muddle through once Ive made a song sheet.
    Cool - I'll stick with the guitar then.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• mrkb said:
    The website says the opening times on a Saturday are 2pm to 6pm. Am I missing something?

It's not a competition.
    mrkb said:
    The website says the opening times on a Saturday are 2pm to 6pm. Am I missing something?

I saw 10am-11pm somewhere. My wife wants to know when she can visit her mate in Bristol, so Im getting hassled! What time is the booking @roberty ?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    mrkb said:

I saw 10am-11pm somewhere. My wife wants to know when she can visit her mate in Bristol, so Im getting hassled! What time is the booking @roberty ?
    Pretty sure it's 10-6, I am double checking now. Will start a group message with payment details today