Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

iOS8 is here....

What's Hot

Comments

• @wibble - massive kudos for that mug :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1144
    @wibble - massive kudos for that mug :)
    :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibble said
    I'm getting used to the 6 now, although I will miss my 5s after I sell it. The 6 plus is just about manageable but I much prefer the size of the 6.
    yeah my nephew said he couldn't work the 6+ with one hand so it was a no no for him, he was waiting outside '3' shop up BLeys for opening, sad sad sad :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    edited September 2014
    wibble said:
    Why do they have to keep making them bigger?! I can see the point of the 6 Plus if that's what you want, but why do they have to make the standard one bigger as well?

My 4S is at the upper end of the size I want, I could probably live with the 5, but the 6 is TOO BIG.

Much as I love my iPhone, if they don't make a smaller model when the 5 gets discontinued I won't be buying another one.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I've gone from a 4S to a 6, and I've got used to the size increase pretty quickly. My number hasn't been transferred over yet so I'm still using my 4S for calls/text but it seems to have suddenly shrunk...and the text here looks tiny!
  • ...although having the headphone socket on the bottom is just weird!
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Yeah, once you go bigger there's no going back.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 11014
    littlegreenman;357386" said:
    Danny1969 said:

Until mixing desk manufacturers support android phones we pretty much have to have iPhones . ... Even if the android phone is bigger faster etc it's useless to me unless it works with pro audio

I got very bored of the PreSonus guys endlessly using the phrase "It Just Works" at a seminar I attended recently.

Until there's cross platform/OS integration of this kind of voodoo, the possibilities are being held back is what I'm-a thinkin'.
    I'm using presonus Qmix with one band, well we all are and it does work well . Two of the other members switched to iPhones for that ap alone
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 10019
    I popped into the Apple Store yesterday to have a look. The 6 is just about ok in the hand but would feel too large to carry round in a pocket. The 6 Plus is just massive, I had to use two hands to hold it. If you want an iPad, buy an iPad!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8630
    That's my concern with 6 too, I think the larger screen will be useful but carrying it around in a jean pocket looks painful.
  • Maybe they'll bow to consumer pressure and bring out a 6 Minus....
  • I'm calling it now:

"iPhone Air"
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddle;357690" said:
    I'm calling it now:

"iPhone Air"
    Sold! Where can I get one?
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    Another size comparison (and quite cool trick I thought)

http://puu.sh/bHaY4/57045edeba.gif
    All practice and no theory
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ha ha, that's great /\
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    That really does show how big they've become. They are going to need to make a Mini, Air or whatever the size of the 4S before I buy one again.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I will just leave this here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-22607349

:-O >:)
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    suspiciousminds;356669" said:
    My 4s has 4g of storage left but i cant download it as the system tells me it needs at least 4.6g of storage.
    Does this mean that if i free up another 1g or so and install it, i'll have no memory left?
    Take your music off, download the update then reinstall the music after the updates been completes, but to be honest your phone may struggle with the updates it's getting on now, if it's doing everything you want I would leave it as it is. Or buy an android, :-)
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I don't go in for all this apple stuff, but according to peeps on facebook you don't need to delete anything to make space if you do it via your pc. Whatever that means. HTH
    All practice and no theory
  • Just downloaded it.
    Not overly impressed tbh - it does seen to have slowed some apps down, particularly FB seems a bit "glitchy",
    I expect there'll be ios 8.01 soon.