Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

iOS8 is here....

What's Hot

Comments

• wibblewibble Frets: 1115
    Just downloaded it.
    Not overly impressed tbh - it does seen to have slowed some apps down, particularly FB seems a bit "glitchy",
    I expect there'll be ios 8.01 soon.
    That'll be the FB app, they're on a regular update schedule with their apps ever since they split out messenger so I wouldn't worry.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    edited September 2014
    Just had a look at the iPhone 6 in the Apple Store in the Trafford Centre. It's big! (the phone - not the Trafford Centre - though that's pretty big as well). I was immediately pounced on by a (very affable) sales guy telling me 'how much of an upgrade it is'. Very light, very thin - but probably too big....

The 6 Plus is probably only going to appeal to Dom Joly....
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2043
    IOS 8 has turned my iPad into a ZX Spectrum. Slow, slow, slow.

Also, I don't like what they've done to Safari.

Pffft.
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3421
    I'm having real issues with an iPhone 5 running ios8, really slow and tons of my apps have issues as well. Really wish I hadn't bothered.
  • Adam_MD;358355" said:
    I'm having real issues with an iPhone 5 running ios8, really slow and tons of my apps have issues as well. Really wish I hadn't bothered.
    Bizarrely mine was the same and then seemed quicker the next day....

I've no idea why.

Same on my work 5C as well....
  • Has anyone tried 8 on an iPad II (32GB)?

Not sure if it is worth trying it or not.
  • I haven't put it on my 4S but that hasn't stopped it syncing entirely this week. Just gets stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied", even after a full reset/restore :(
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7441
    Put it on my iPad retina and I've had quite a few freeze ups/crashes. Never had any before this.
  • FuzzdogFuzzdog Frets: 839
    No problems at all here - seems a bit quicker, if anything.

The update did mess things up a bit for my sister though - purely because she has one of those Pioneer AppRadio things in the car.  Incredibly nifty gadget, aside from currently being completely incompatible with iOS8.  Ooops. :D
    -- Before you ask, no, I am in no way, shape or form related to Fuzzdog pedals, I was Fuzzdog before Fuzzdog were Fuzzdog.  Unless you want to give me free crap, then I'm related to whatever the hell you like! --
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73223
    I haven't put it on my 4S but that hasn't stopped it syncing entirely this week. Just gets stuck on "waiting for changes to be applied", even after a full reset/restore :(
    This kind of thing is exactly why I have never upgraded from iOS 6 on my 4S. (Or Mountain Lion on my Mac, either.)

They are both working at the moment and if it is isn't broken, it doesn't need fixing… no matter how much computer companies tell you that you always need "the latest".

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It's really odd actually. If I erase and restore it'll put all my music on fine, but if I then try and add another album in a second sync it refuses. Google suggests it's a really regular bug for a couple of years now but they haven't fixed it. 128 MILLION hits for the string "waiting for changes to be applied"...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • wibble said:
    joneve said:
    Those of us with 16GB phones are fucked. I have to wipe off half my shit just to run the install. Cunts.
    Or you could do it plugged in via iTunes - bigger download but all the unpacking happens on the computer.
    That's what I did, but only because I don't know any better.  Just inherited an old 16GB 4S from my son (!), put a new battery in it (because it was discharging so fast - but not much improvement), bought a £15 pcm unlimited 3G data from GiffGaff and now trying to figure it out.

Only thing I've worked out so far is that Shazam is useless for classical music.
    "Nobody needs more than 20 strats." Mike Landau
  • johnnyurq said:
    Has anyone tried 8 on an iPad II (32GB)?

Not sure if it is worth trying it or not.
    My ipad2 16GB is running rather slowly after the update. Although where it matters, i.e. watching movies there is no slow down.

• Cheers @Axe_meister and I guess I may give it a punt.
  • my ipad was doing my head in so i bought a chromebook, it's got actual keys!!!!!

the kids use the ipad more than i do now....never bothered with an iphone

• Ive just picked up my 6 Plus. wow, its big compared to my 5s, but I really like it.  Ill be happier when a case arrives though!

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17946
    tFB Trader

Ive just picked up my 6 Plus. wow, its big compared to my 5s, but I really like it.  Ill be happier when a case arrives though!

Just don't put it in your pocket!
  • Very happy with my iPhone 6, which is now safe and snug in it's otterbox case (the case actually arrived the day before the phone). 

Nice being on 4G as well (apart from the cost), I can get faster internet at the local park than I can on my wifi at home.

Although it doesn't fit in the dash mounted cradle/holder thingy I've got in my car...grrr.
  • Ive just picked up my 6 Plus. wow, its big compared to my 5s, but I really like it.  Ill be happier when a case arrives though!

Yeah I saw that. Im not a hipster with skintight jeans so Im geussing Ill be ok.....
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    edited September 2014
    monquixote;360683" said:
    I'm not terribly sympathetic towards anyone who's managed to bend one.

As soon as you pick an iPhone 6 up its fairly obvious that it would be unlikely to withstand being sat on....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom