Tele shaped objects that aren’t tele’s?

What's Hot

Comments

• CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4308
    CloudNine said:
    Asher T Deluxe 

@CloudNine Are they your Ashers?  I think I have owned two of those.  They are great guitars and I was goimg to place a custom order but waiting until the $:£ exchange improves.  So maybe never.  
    I love that they are made by Samantha's son.

I just recently bought the top one from Coda, pre owned, so definitely could have been yours. The other 2 were random pics I saw.

I have to say, and I know it’s still honeymoon period, but it’s one of the best guitars I have ever played. I have done the full safari of boutique brands and there is always some little thing that I wish was different, but so far I have found nothing with this. I absolutely love it. I even love the paddle headstock, as it just seems to be right at home with a Tele’ish shape. It’s a perfectly executed guitar, tone, playability, everything. And doesn’t feel new and stiff, blends modern benefits with a sort of vintage vibe.

Actually, there is one thing I would change, the 3rd position on the tone shaper knob. It’s some sort of mid boost, but I would never use it. So currently thinking what else I could do with that position, maybe pickups in series or something. The bypass position is amazing, especially on the Firebird neck pickup.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WindmillGuitarsWindmillGuitars Frets: 731
    tFB Trader
    @grungebob

Sandberg California DC Reserve 

That's beautiful.
    Cheers @fretmeister - Sandberg are obviously well known for making Bass .. but their six string models are beautiful!

www.windmillguitars.com - Official stockist of Yamaha, Maybach, Fano Guitars, Kithara Guitars, Eastman Guitars, Trent Guitars, Orange Amps, Blackstar Amplification & More! (The artist formerly known as Anchorboy)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73220
    Offset said:
    TTBZ said:
    That Greg Koch Reverend would be cool without the Bigsby. I like the Firebird style centre section.
    Where is the Reverend Guitars Greg Koch signature guitar - gearnewscom
    These would look so much better with a humbucker in the neck - that pickup surround for the single coil makes it look like a Jedson or something similarly cheap 1970s Japanese.

There’s one in the shop I worked for in cream, which looks even more so.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4405

Something a bit different. Not mine.

Mayones Legend, semi hollow 7 string.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24906
    @grungebob

Sandberg California DC Reserve 

That's beautiful.
    Cheers @fretmeister - Sandberg are obviously well known for making Bass .. but their six string models are beautiful!

I've had several of their basses and currently have 2. Definitely my favourite maker. Such good quality.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27894
    CloudNine said:
    Asher T Deluxe 

I'd like this with just a little less buggeration of the finish please! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    CloudNine said:
    Asher T Deluxe 

I'd like this with just a little less buggeration of the finish please! 

I do quite like it, but I also hear what you’re saying on this one. Maybe a touch overboard.

Buggering needs to be done very carefully, or the results can be quite unpleasant.

Wondering if Fender could change their nomenclature, get away from all this ‘Relic’ nonsense. Journeyman Buggered / Medium Buggered / Heavy Buggered (free F branded lube with the case candy on the latter).

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3394
    edited April 2023
    As an update:
    cabronita received. Stonkingly good tones from the fideli-trons, they seem to do everything I need and want very easily. 
    The squier neck is a tad too thin both on width and depth so that might cause an issue oh and the saddles look odd 

They all pull to the right. Guitars intonation is ok and other than two high frets it plays well. 
    Is this a case of factory drilling mounting holes off to the left a bit?
    should I be worried, return?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    @grungebob   Hard to tell without seeing the whole guitar and whether the neck is misaligned or the bridge is in the wrong place etc. But from where the strings are sitting in each saddle, looks like might just be a case of straightening up the saddles and then sit the strings more in the centre of each one. Then see how things look from there. Do that then post a full pic of the guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 2023
    @CloudNine ;;
    i tired last night loosening the neck and seeing if it would better align, no joy. 

Seems perhaps common on these. 
    The shop I bought it from (who have been excellent by the way) made a good comment. Perhaps it’s the fender stamped saddles (imperial) on a bog standard squier (metric) baseplate causing the issue. 
    @grungebob  Did you try just straightening up the saddles? So the strings just sit in the centre of each.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73220
    Drilling the bridge screw holes in the wrong place is unlikely or more or less impossible, as they’re done with either CNC or a jig. Misalignment is caused by either the angle of the neck in the pocket, or the strings not being centred on the saddles.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Not mine. M ine is pink and currently in the rehearsal studio.

Wer nicht für Freiheit sterben kann, der ist der Kette wert.
    ICBM said:
    Drilling the bridge screw holes in the wrong place is unlikely or more or less impossible, as they’re done with either CNC or a jig. Misalignment is caused by either the angle of the neck in the pocket, or the strings not being centred on the saddles.
    Yes you’re right but we both know it can happen *cough* fender cyclone *cough*.
    Will restring tonight see what’s what. 
    @grungebob  You don’t need to restring it to figure out what’s going on. Just loosen the strings off a bit, move the saddles straight, and sit the strings in the middle of the saddles. Then see where things are at.
  • BarquentineBarquentine Frets: 312
    No photo description available
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2603
    grungebob said:
    As an update:
    cabronita received. Stonkingly good tones from the fideli-trons, they seem to do everything I need and want very easily. 
    The squier neck is a tad too thin both on width and depth so that might cause an issue oh and the saddles look odd 

They all pull to the right. Guitars intonation is ok and other than two high frets it plays well. 
    Is this a case of factory drilling mounting holes off to the left a bit?
    should I be worried, return?
    They are not the original saddles. Maybe the fender saddles are a tad wider than the original ones?
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 7222
    I have a lot of Telecasters and Tele-style variations.

This is possibly the most un-Telecaster one that I own.

Guitar Bomb & Nembrini Audio Summer Giveaway 
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 377
    Have you tried what @CloudNine has mentioned? Slacken the strings off, push the saddles across a tad and tune up making sure to move the string to the centre of each saddle.