Tele shaped objects that aren’t tele’s?

What's Hot

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    edited April 2023
    Yeah thanks everyone.I have just tried slackening and realigning and it has improved like 80% however the height adjustment screws are wider than the guide channels on the base plate so I assumed these were replacement saddles however google search shows these on others too so perhaps original and no one at squier thought to check?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73140
    grungebob said:

Yes you’re right but we both know it can happen *cough* fender cyclone *cough*.
    Well, I did think of that as I was typing it, but that's not so much misalignment as consistently putting the bridge in the wrong place due to miscalculating the scale length :). Hard to believe a major manufacturer did that, but trying to set one up does tend to prove it :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2601
    Wired up these bad boys last night and without properly setting up etc they sound amazing :D

Mojo P90 JM pups..

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4701
    Wired up these bad boys last night and without properly setting up etc they sound amazing :D

Mojo P90 JM pups..

Looks great, @lovetele74. ; =)

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13578
    VDUs ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.

Mojo P90 JM pups..

Looks great, @lovetele74. ; =)

Amazing what you can achieve when you just keep accumulating stuff from the parish :lol:

Looking forward to a b ing against this:

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Here's my collection of Teles/not Teles. Some work still to be done in some cases...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4701
    Found the wide-angle lens I see, @lovestrat74 !
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• OffsetOffset Frets: 12548
    Objects that AREN'T shaped like Teles but sound like them are the flip side of the coin...

Parker3.jpg 798.7K
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Found the wide-angle lens I see, @lovestrat74 !
    I didn't want to tag you, but that post was for you really :lol:

edited February 28
    Here's my latest. Body finished by @lamf68, neck off my stripped Baja and TV Jones dynas...

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29208
    Offset said:
    Objects that AREN'T shaped like Teles but sound like them are the flip side of the coin...

I have such an object too.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    Very nice chaps. 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 11149
    tFB Trader
    Here's my latest. Body finished by @lamf68, neck off my stripped Baja and TV Jones dynas...

Ah someone else with the same idea as me ... 

part built ... with rebuilt Dynasonics (long magnet) from the very early fifties 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• PLOPPLOP Frets: 331

Can you explain your output jack please? What is that? A magnetic one or something? A cover/butt plug style device? 
    It's an electrosocket jack plate - the one with the 2 screws. Might need tapping in a wee smidge more ;) 
    tFB Trader
    It's an electrosocket jack plate - the one with the 2 screws. Might need tapping in a wee smidge more ;) 
    Got to love an Electrosocket
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11772
    tFB Trader
    Our Tabby Hybrid counts surely 
    One being built right now (off at paint for Candy Apple red finish)

Or Our Tabby Special versions with contours and choices of neck pickup

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• DavusPGDavusPG Frets: 452
     My Suhr Andy Wood Modern T in "War Machine" finish. Torched Ash body, 24 fret roasted maple neck with stainless steel jumbo frets & locking tuners, Thornbucker pickups and Gotoh trem which is currently set to dive only thanks to @FelineGuitars so I can use this for drop D tuning when required. It's essentially a Suhr Modern dressed as a Tele. Fantastic guitar...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Our Tabby Hybrid counts surely 
    One being built right now (off at paint for Candy Apple red finish)

Or Our Tabby Special versions with contours and choices of neck pickup

Bloody hell Jonathon, you know how Teles affect me ... that's cruelty to dumb pickup winders. That blue one ...  oh my