Alan Henning dead

What's Hot
Well ISIS have gone and killed him, just a regular bloke trying to help others.

It was inevitable but it's still crushing.  Fuck knows what the answer to this is.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Horrid situation :-(
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I really hope that the Allies absolutely crush ISIS into the fucking dirt, and I hope that militant Islam is wiped off the map.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    All the Yanks I talked to over the last three weeks are not in the mood for reconciliation. We will see.

• jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    Drew_fx said:
    I really hope that the Allies absolutely crush ISIS into the fucking dirt, and I hope that militant Islam is wiped off the map.

I know. But one can't wipe out an ideology. Kill some. Preach to more. Convert more. More die. Kill more... preach more. Endless cycle. Bed time.
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Barbaric fucks.

Difficult to deal with and even turning the area into a car park will not stop the ideology as had been said.

Send them a few Ebola infected unfortunates and hopefully they will die horribly.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Poor bloke, I trust other aid workers who are still out there get out pronto.
    Get those Tornadoes and Paveways in there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    edited October 2014
    I read that Henning intended to convert to Islam - yet not even that was enough to save him.

My heart goes out to his family - but in a way I have a deeper sadness about this; what does it actually say about people? A bloke decides to actively 'do the right thing' and help his fellow man - but pays with his life because he's the 'wrong' kind of man from the 'wrong' place. The Holocaust is such recent history - but it's happening again....

I'd like to hear the mainstream Muslim community loudly and clearly express utter outrage at this news - anything less is tacit approval in my view.

If they don't, there is a strong possibility that racial tensions will spill out on to the streets in a very ugly way indeed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • This only blows away the argument that "we have to talk to these people" - an argument I've heard from some people on the news.

We can't talk to them - by killing the hostages, they have proved that they are beyond talking to.

It's a difficult situation all round - personally, as much as I'd love us to bomb the fuck out of ISIS, they will no doubt be hiding in plain sight among civilians etc, cowards that they are.

What I think we should do, is simply get the fuck out of the Middle East altogether and advise our citizens NOT to go there under any circumstances, however good their intentions. Then, we should concentrate on clamping down on fundamentalism in our own country - fight the war on terror on the home front and declare absolute zero tolerance on these hardline preachers, as well as revoking the citizenship of anyone who decides they want to leave and become a jihadi. Ban the burqa as well, while we're at it - after all, it's not an Islamic thing; more a symbol of the kind of oppression these ISIS fuckheads thrive on.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • By the way, I'm not one of these Britain First morons - I just think we should never have got involved out there in the first place ;)
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3534
    I'd like to hear the mainstream Muslim community loudly and clearly express utter outrage at this news - anything less is tacit approval in my view.
    Were there marches on the street by the Christian world when Breivik went on his killing spree? Did you publicly apologise for Blair's war crimes, Richard? WTF has the peace-loving muslim majority got to do with these nutcases? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    Were there marches on the street by the Christian world when Breivik went on his killing spree? Did you publicly apologise for Blair's war crimes, Richard? WTF has the peace-loving muslim majority got to do with these nutcases? 

The "peace loving majority" are not distancing themselves from the others.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    edited October 2014
    I totally agree with @richardhomer, I have not seen any action from any Islamic institutions, only mumblings, that's it's wrong, it's down to them to at least contribute to a solution, the problem with the new wave of terror is its a hidden enemy, and I don't see enough of the Islamic community helping to weed them out.
    As part of my religious interests I have read the Koran and just like the Bible, it preaches an intolerance to other religions non believers andvwomen. And also like the Bible people can cherry pick the parts they agree with and ignore the parts they don't.

I Am all for integration but without a real and forth coming stance from the greater Muslim community it's going to have a horrific effect on how the world views Islam as a whole, and the that's not going to be good for anyone.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3091
     WTF has the peace-loving muslim majority got to do with these nutcases? 
    The British born ISIS soldiers almost certainly attended the same mosques in the UK as their peace loving counterparts, and someone there planted the seeds that turned them into nutcases.

The seed planters are probably all still in this country, parading as peace loving Muslims, still planting seeds....

Time for the decent people to weed them out...
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24880
    edited October 2014
    georgenadaintl;369196" said:
    WTF has the peace-loving muslim majority got to do with these nutcases? 
    I'd like to think the answer is 'nothing'.

The issue I have is one of potential trouble on the streets; The Britain First brigade will be playing this for all they can, in an attempt - dare I say it - to 'radicalise' whites against Asians.

In the interests of harmony, I think it is vital that the Muslim community is unequivocal in their condemnation of IS.

I'm afraid that keeping quiet leads to the suspicion - rightly or wrongly - that many Muslims actually support IS. I'd like to think that is a perception they would want to correct.

For clarity - I am not asking for an 'apology'. That's what you do when you've done something wrong - condemning something is what you do, when you believe others have done wrong....
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

At the time Parliament held the vote on invading Syria and officially arming the militias and jihadis, the arms deals with the militias were surfacing whilst the Biased Broadcasting Corporation was running pro invasion, loop the loop footage of mass atrocities and genocide and carpet bombing committed on the people by the Syria government. 

The footage basically consisted of one stray mortar round going off.  At that time, I was much of the thinking that folks going over there were going to help their extended families in a war torn anarchist shytehole and gave them the benefit of the doubt. 

Now a year later. the result is that there probably will be troops in Syria, with a UN resolution and if they are captured they will be flailed alive and hung from poles and televised on TV.

Either Cameron and Hague were right about Syria in the first place or it is a bigger conspiracy than I thought.

Was Scameron, bribed by the UAE? Was he advised of potential domestic unrest by the Muslim Council of Britain and leading UK Imams?  Was he bribed by the corporate world?  Was invasion an economic necessity?  Or was the threat of nuclear war too real?

Or does he just think of himself as a righteous crusader, who speaks for all mankind worldwide, even though he is completely stupid and naïve and knows nothing of the people and their problems that he is trying to covert and has come from a very sheltered and extremely privileged background, like they all have and is taking up the slack in the reigns where Bush Jnr left them..

Either way, I wish they would have left the whole thing alone in the first place and stop doing the Arabs dirty work for them and stop creating the problems we have today, whilst ignoring the people at home.

It also annoys me somewhat, that some native British muslims, who have benefitted from our society, education system, healthcare and benefits system, think they are more hard done by than the rest of us. and take it upon themselves to go out to foreign countries and behead aid workers as a result and don't consider themselves to be British.

It's very messy. and like the aftermath, a few decades later, of Iranian revolution, or any revolution, the people will never win, only the untouchables will and they will continue to rule as always  I really don't get or trust any of it from either side.

Poor bloke.  Ten times the man most of us are and one hundred times the man these Jihadi twats and Tory politicians are.  All he did was go over to help his fellow man.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • It would seem that "Allah" is neither great nor merciful.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • xmrchixmrchi Frets: 2810
    That's because Allah is a man made fictional character invented to justify human atrocities
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Problem is Muslims don't want to integrate.

In my home town (Pop 30k) there is roughly 3k of Asian descent. Of that 3K there is 2 families.

Those 2 families won't allow marriage between them, or the native caucasians.

At the school I went to, and my mum taught at (until 2 years ago) when I was there, there were very few Asian children. They integrated and were generally ok. When mum retired 2 years ago, the Asian children wouldn't mix with the white children, and massed in one area at break/lunch times. The older (fifth form/year 11) children kept the younger children from mixing with anyone not from that family.

Also the Asian male children, will not behave properly for women teachers. As they're taught outside school that women are second class (for want of better words).

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10431
    Utter barbarians who deserve a very slow,agonising death.What a horrible outcome,though Alan Hennings fate was sealed the minute that first British bomb was dropped.No amount of negotiation would have freed him.I really feel for his wife and family,a truely good man,doing the right thing pays with his life.

I have to agree with @nunogilberto.We need to get the hell out of the middle east.I can see ground troops going in within six months so once again we'll be sacrificing British lives abroad to save British citizens at home.Let MI5 do their work stopping any domestic threat,they've done a good job ensuring our safety since 7/11,or is the domestic threat maybe not as great as we're lead to believe and the government are using scare tactics as a means to enter into another unwinnable war.It's not worth the deaths of hundreds more of our brave soldiers.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11448
    I agree that the "peaceful" Muslim community in this country has not done enough to voice their disgust at what has happened. And whilst there may be operational reasons for this, if they truly believe that they are subject to the laws of the country in which they reside, there really should be some evidence of them exposing the more extreme imams and preachers to the rule of those laws.

I would also like to know how these British-born jihadis have become radicalised. What was the process? How long did it take? Where did it happen?

We need to work on ISIS's sources of funding (yes, Qatar, I'm talking to you). If, as one suspects, their resources are finite and not naturally replenishable, where do they get them from. Cutting off the supply might be more "cost-effective" than killing them in combat.